Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The International Great Parents Competition 2009!

Posted by Amethyst 
The International Great Parents Competition 2009!
January 22, 2009
Let's see if we can collect a nice set of 'em from around the world.
This is definitely Ireland's entry.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A depraved mother-of-six who tortured her children with years of incest and abuse in a "House of Horrors" has been jailed in Ireland.

The 40-year-old alcoholic, from Co Roscommon, is the first woman in the history of the Irish state to be convicted of incest.

She admitted to being the worst mother in the world after putting her youngsters - who were aged between six and 15 at the time - through a harrowing catalogue of neglect, including forcing her 13-year-old son to have sex with her.

At Roscommon Circuit Court, Judge Miriam Reynolds said she would have given the unnamed woman a life sentence had she been a man but was restricted by the terms of a legal act carrying a maximum sentence of seven years for incest cases involving women.

Despite social workers and home helps regularly visiting the family over the years, the youngsters were only taken into care until 2004 after living in filthy conditions without sufficient, food, clothing or heating.

The mother is said to have received support from "a Catholic right-wing organisation" when she got a High Court injunction in 2000 to stop the children from being placed in the care of relatives.

The offences took place at the family's three-bedroom bungalow which was dirty, strewn with rubbish, cold, damp and had dead rats and mice inside and out.

Shocking victim impact statements from the children were read to the court, detailing how they were not fed properly, their clothes were not washed and the range which heated the home was only lit once a month.

The mother, who suffers from depression and asthma and has a drink problem, would routinely go to a pub in the evening at around 6pm, leaving the children alone, only returning home when she was drunk in the early hours of the morning, one of her sons said.

He explained how he and a brother cared for the younger children and their mother would come home at between 3am and 4am, very drunk and arguing. His sister, now aged 12, said the home was scary when her mother was drunk, she was bullied at school and other children called her smelly.

In an interview with gardai in 2006, the mother admitted that her children were often blue with the cold, only had dinner twice a week and had lice crawling around their heads and bodies. "It was a house of horrors... with bells on," the mother said.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Wait. What?! There's a cap of 7 years sentence on incest cases involving a woman? WHY? WHY? Is this like how female teachers never get significant punishments for molesting their students? Boys all want it, so they're somehow lucky when a seriously mentally ill adult woman gives it to them? How is it not as bad for a woman to sexually abuse a kyd?
Re: The International Great Parents Competition 2009!
January 22, 2009
Not quite as bad, but an astounding betrayal at least.

Grieving the Death of An Abusive Parent: Geri “Tookie” Anderberg is Dead
by Kirsten Anderberg Friday, Apr. 25, 2008 at 11:04 AM
kirstena@resist.ca

My stepmother, Geraldine “Tookie” Anderberg, died this week. She was a horribly abusive parent, and it has really been a mixed bag of emotions coming to terms with her death. Sort of like a Nazi camp prisoner would grieve a Nazi officer's death. How do you grieve for your abusers? It is a dilemma.

My stepmother, Geraldine “Tookie” Anderberg, of Port Saint Lucie, Florida, died on April 21, 2008. She was a horribly abusive parent, and it has really been a mixed bag of emotions coming to terms with her death. Usually when someone dies, you at least show some obligatory respect and lie about the people, just talking about their good parts. But this woman was so abusive to me and my sisters that I literally have *nothing* good to say, so I am not supposed to say anything at all. But then that keeps the cycle of silence about criminal level child abusers hidden, and I am really not comfortable with that either. I am sure many other kids who were severely abused at home can relate to what I am going through right now, trying to figure out how to process the loss of an abusive parent. My *most* abusive parent.

First of all, this is a rite of passage in ways, as I have never had anyone I have ever called “mom” or “dad” die. And in that way, it is really striking on a deeply emotional level. And those names are special names reserved for very few people in my life. I have very intimate relationships with anyone I have called those names, as those are names that imply a level of trust, in ways. But I could *not* trust my parents. Not at all. Their adult shenanigans put me in life-threatening danger repeatedly as a child, teen, and young adult and it is really hard to figure out whether I should celebrate or grieve, if I am to be perfectly honest.

It seems odd to celebrate someone’s death in the way I feel it right now. I am not celebrating the joyful, productive, amazing life of my stepmom, Geri, in her death. That is not it. It is more like a Nazi camp prisoner might feel upon hearing word that a Nazi officer that tortured him died. It is almost indescribable in ways. And a unique situation I will not be in again, as I only have three parents: my mom, my dad, and my stepmom. I have many good memories amidst the bad of my mother and father, but not a one good memory of Geri, my stepmom. I got some good things from my own parents, I was only bullied and dehumanized by Geri. With my parents, they showed love at some times in my life. But as soon as my dad hooked up with Geri, he was all of a sudden implicated in a lot of really despicable actions against his own flesh daughters to please my maniacal stepmother. I have to say that Geri, herself, orchestrated *most* of my own father’s most abusive and violent actions against me as a teen. She is unquestionably responsible 100% for me being a homeless teen over and over again. She seemed to create an unsafe, violent, drunken, cold environment everywhere she went, even with her own children. So grieving her death is totally different than grieving my own parents’ deaths, as I do not have *anything* good to say about this woman as she never did anything decent with or for me as a child in her care. She actually tried to kill me, throwing me violently onto streets endlessly with no conscience or morals whatsoever. In addition, she traumatized me watching her abuse her own kids.

Yet I still feel guilty for being happy she is dead. But I would be lying if I said I was actually grieving in sorrow at her getting off this planet. I actually feel safer with her gone. I feel like the most frightening, cold, mechanical, maniacal human I have ever met is dead and that really is not a bad thing at all! Yet still, societal norms say I should be silent if I have nothing good to say about Geri at her death, and also there is some implicit obligation to respect Death, itself, by not talking badly about the deceased. Yet if I am silent, she just got away with murder. If I am silent, I am now doing her bidding, yet again. In some twist on Rev. Dr. M.L.King’s comment about in the end remembering not the hurtful words of his enemies, but the cowardly and dangerous silence of his friends instead…I think that for me to stay silent, and to join in on the myth of Geri aka “Tookie,” somehow being a “loving mother,” the myth that my alcoholic father wants to build in the wake of her death, would somehow implicate me in something not honest on a spiritual level. I feel it would tie me to Geri even from the grave and I want this to be the time when all ties with her are cut free!

I feel like being silent about Geri’s criminal level child abuse makes me involved with the whole family spider web of lies and shameful secrets, something I want no part of. And for me, the term “breaking the silence” actually has some relevance here. I feel that I should be allowed to “break the silence” about my stepmother as the rights I earned being abused at her mercy as a child. Thus I *do* feel I not only have a right to be honest about Geri Anderberg’s abusive past as I stand on her new grave, but actually an obligation to speak out about what she has done this lifetime. I wonder how many other survivors of serious child abuse have felt this consternation over these issues? I am sure this is something others have been confused by too. Death of an abuser and the issues of silence are huge, as another feeling I have is I do not think it is right that she did all that abuse of kids, then just dies and the secret dies with her. Something about that is not right.

“…Ever take a minute just to show a real emotion, in between the moisture cream and velvet facial lotion? Ever tell your kids you’re glad that they can think? Ever say you love them, ever let them watch you drink? Ever wonder why your daughter looks so sad? It’s such a drag to have to love a plastic mom and dad.” – Frank Zappa

As I think back on our house where Geri was married to my dad and she ruled like a dictator, in Granada Hills, I realize that I never once saw any of Geri’s kids do homework. I never heard her ever ask any of her kids, or me, “Did you do your homework?” Now, as a mother myself, that is one of the hardest parts of every day! The homework fight! But she never had that consternation in the house since Geri had a don’t ask don’t tell policy around homework apparently when we were kids in school under her “care.” And only one of her daughters got a college degree, and Geri was livid, out of her mind enraged, when her daughter got accepted to college. And never went to the graduation of her one daughter that defied her and actually got a college degree. Geri never took us to see any of her kids, or me, do anything extracurricular. We did not play on sports teams with family members cheering us on, I never went to even one team sports event of one of my sisters. I do not remember going to *any* of Geri’s kids’ school events or any other events where one of them was shining in a spotlight showcasing their talents and the family was supporting them. I also have noticed that Geri and Geri’s girls don’t cry. And I realize I hid when I cried from Geri as she was a monster if you cried near her, she would bully and disgrace you for that. She was not loving in any way that I can discern, even with her own daughters. I remember her telling one of her teen daughters to go get a job as a pole dancer, bringing her the want ads, when she was 18.

I have some serious issues with Geri’s ex-husband Jimmy Hopper who was a pedophile in my experience and opinion. I lived with Jimmy and Geri, before my dad had an affair with her and married her, in 1969 when I was 8. Jimmy sexualized all girls, no matter what age, in front of everyone without shame, talking about even little girls’ “titties,” as well as other completely inappropriate public (and private) sexual behaviors with minors. And he was a drunk, which made things exponentially worse. He was the first person to French kiss me. At age 13. At his house. It felt like rape and I still remember it vividly. When I told my dad that Jimmy had French kissed me, I was never forced to go with my sisters to Jimmy’s house again, but they still were dropped off there! I do not think it entirely appropriate to talk about all of his sexual abuse issues in addition to his alcohol issues here, but he was dangerous to children and Geri was FULLY aware of this. And yet, long after leaving Jimmy to live with my dad, she would drop her girls off with a man she knew was not safe in any way, a man dad had deemed too unsafe for *his* girl to be near, but not Geri. Her kids she handed right over to him without any conscience at all. I can only attest to the sexual abuse I witnessed myself with Jimmy, I am not saying anything about anyone else. I am just saying he was doing pedophile things next to me, and to me, and that my sisters were alone with him for years after Geri divorced Jimmy, due to Geri’s non-parenting style.

So, I used to think that Geri just abused me, and was just terrible to me, not her own kids, due primarily to their fear of breaking the silence of child abuse and some internalized shame about abuse. But as years have gone on and drug and alcohol problems have been identified among them, and small utterances of our abuse as kids trickle out of the kids that were present, I have begun to connect the dots. And granted, she was especially viscous and demeaning to me and my dad’s kids. But she was no picnic for her own kids either. And I realize now with age, looking back, that I saw her and Jimmy abusing her own kids and it was actually traumatizing to me too, to watch her do that to her own kids too. I had never seen a grown man fondle young girls like that. I, myself, had never before had to fight a grown man’s hands off of touching me in ways I was absolutely not comfortable with. And it was really weird to have no adult intervene even though adults such as Geri were present. Thus is the non-parenting model Geri presented. Geri in turn encouraged her girls to look sexual. Now, *that* I saw her doing. I saw her teaching her girls how to wear push up bras, wigs, color their hair, etc…but I never ever saw her doing one thing academic or artistic with them such as my mom did with me. Geri and I fought endlessly about her wanting me to look sluttier and me resisting, sticking to academia and music for virtue instead.

I never felt safe with Geri around. She was always creating soap operas, and everything was always so negative as soon as she came around. She was well-known for being “fake.” She was “phoney on top, and phoney underneath,” as Zappa would say. Fake everything - fake hair color, lots of makeup, cosmetic surgery, push up bras, etc. I would have to say if there was one thing that Geri had a talent for, it was “fakeness.” In college, she was named “most polished,” but that could have many connotations! Sometimes I wonder if she even had a soul, to be honest. She is sort of an enigma to me in ways, as I wonder how on earth you could live with yourself being the woman she is, but then I remember my mom teaching me to be glad when you cannot understand how people like that work.

So I have mixed emotions here today. The woman who abused not only me, but her own kids in front of me as well, has finally kicked the bucket. I know I am supposed to care. But the only reason I care is it means good riddance. Then I feel guilty for saying or thinking that. Then I get pissed and say I have a “right” to break her silence. And then I get sad, thinking “why?” Why did Geri have to make life a living hell for me and my sisters? Only ONE out of her own 6 kids, made it to age 18 at home with that level of abuse due to her behaviors. If she had just been healthy and not so twisted, all of us could have had a safe home, gone to college, been supportive and loving family, but Geri was like some kind of anti-gelling agent! There would be no success, no health, no bonding…instead everyone in the family was under her dark cloud and put into SURVIVAL MODE, always watching our backs due to Geri. And now the sky has cleared, and she is no longer blocking the sun.
January 22, 2009
is there link?

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
CAPTCHA = tmMXx

Here's a gem. And his wife defends him by saying Satan made him do it...
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/255325/houston_father_admits_to_putting_baby.html

Houston Father Admits to Putting Baby in Refrigerator Before Microwave

Additional details regarding the abuse of baby Ana Marie were released following testimony from Holly Johnson, the police detective who interviewed Joshua Mauldin. Mauldin admitted last week that he placed his 2-month-old baby in the microwave after he became stressed and frustrated when caring for her.

According to the Houston Chronicle, Detective Johnson testified that Mauldin first threw the baby on one of the beds in the hotel room. He then confessed to striking her in the groin, placing her in the hotel room safe, and then putting her in the refrigerator prior to placing her in the microwave oven. The baby was treated at Shriners Burn Hospital for third degree burns on her face and hands.

Initially, it was also suspected that she had sustained internal injuries but further examination indicated that she did not. In an interview with the Houston Chronicle, Gwen Carter, a spokeswoman for CPS, indicated that the baby was improving and that she had been responsive to hospital staff. She was released from the hospital on Monday and placed in a foster home.

The baby's mother, Eva Marie Mauldin, has defended her husband and blames Satan for his actions. In an interview with KHOU TV in Houston, she said that Satan attacked her husband because he saw him as a threat and because he did not approve of her husband seeking work as a minister. She has indicated that she will fight for custody of her daughter and also set up a MySpace web page with the title "Joshua Mauldin is not a Monster" to gain support for her cause.

A mediation hearing with CPS is scheduled today to discuss the custody of the baby. CPS is working to have the parental rights of both parents removed. If the mediation is not successful, a hearing will take place in family court later this week.
January 22, 2009
not another x made me do it.. why cant they just say look sorrry i am a shit, i did this, dont know why. its always someone elses problem

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
And how about this? WTF? I don't know how it's even possible that being raped wouldn't kill an infant.
http://www.thnews.com/article.php?id=6291

Teen father arrested for rape of infant

Published: September 02, 2008

Forrest City police are investigating the alleged rape and beating of an infant by her teenage father.

The eight-day-old girl was taken to Forrest City Medical Center Monday where she was treated and transferred to Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock due to the severity of her injuries, police said. Medical personnel told police the child had been sexually assaulted and also suffered a skull fracture.

According to police, the child’s father, Reginald Davis, 18, of Forrest City, is charged with rape and second-degree battery.

Police said Davis does not live with the child’s mother, but was visiting at the home when the abuse reportedly occurred. He also reportedly rode to FCMC with the child’s mother and grandmother when they sought treatment for the infant.

According to police, the investigation into the case is continuing, and it is unknown at this time if further arrests will be made.

Officers could not provide a condition report on the infant this morning, but said additional tests are being performed at ACH to determine if her injuries are permanent.

Bond was set at $50,000 this morning for Davis, who is scheduled to be arraigned in District Court Wednesday afternoon.
January 22, 2009
mercurior
is there link?

Um, i just did a search.... you want me to look again? Edited to say I wish I hadn't seen that last story......kill him.......
January 22, 2009
ok dont worry i can do a search.. no problems..

January 22, 2009
Jesus. Fucking. Christ.
I get to say that after reading those stories.

However, the smartass in me says you should take a baby out of the fridge before putting it in the microwave.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
January 23, 2009
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/4318717/Karen-Matthews-to-be-sentenced-for-kidnapping-daughter-Shannon.html

Matthews, 33, who was also convicted of perverting the course of justice, will be sentenced at Leeds Crown Court today.

Her co-accused Michael Donovan, 40, was also found guilty of kidnap and false imprisonment of the young girl and perverting the course of justice in a plot to claim tens of thousands of pounds in reward money. He will be sentenced with Matthews.

Last month, the jury of seven men had heard how Shannon, who was nine at the time, went missing from her home in Dewsbury Moor, West Yorkshire, in February 2008.

Donovan kept her drugged and imprisoned in his flat in Lidgate Gardens, Batley Carr, as part of a plan he and Matthews had to claim £50,000 in reward money.

Matthews had denied the abduction and blamed the crime on her former partner, Craig Meehan, and other members of his family.

Up to 300 police searched for Shannon as she was kept in the flat for 24 days.

Police chief Andy Brennan branded Matthews "pure evil" after the three-week trial.

Detective Superintendent Brennan said: "Karen Matthews is pure evil. She started deceiving those closest to her from the very moment that Shannon was kidnapped. Friends, neighbours and family were under the clear impression that Shannon was genuinely missing.

"They had no reason to believe that Shannon had been taken as part of an elaborate scam or hoax.

"It's difficult to understand what type of mother would subject her own daughter to such a wicked and evil crime."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2164656.ece

A COUPLE subjected a baby girl suffering from meningitis to horrifying abuse and neglect – leaving her deaf, blind and severely disabled.

Social services have now launched a major investigation after the pair admitted committing a string of abuse, cruelty and neglect charges after failing to get her medical help.

The innocent six-week-old infant, from Hebden Bridge, West Yorks, was left suffering from cerebral palsy and unable to sit up or feed herself unaided.

The probe is the latest in a wave of high profile investigations into how social services departments across the country have handled the care of children who are at risk.

Neglect

It was sparked by the appalling case of Baby P at Haringey Council, as well as revelations that seven children died after they and their families became involved with Doncaster Council’s social services.

Rizwan Patel, 26, admitted two charges of child cruelty and one of inflicting grievous bodily harm on the baby.

Drug user Alliah Bradshaw, 29, also pleaded guilty to two charges of child cruelty when they appeared at Bradford Crown Court yesterday.

The pair appeared agitated as they sat in the dock listening to the grim details of the charges dating between February and March 2007.

The baby girl, who was subjected to abuse from Patel and Bradshaw almost from day one, can not be named for legal reasons.

She was eventually rescued from them by concerned hospital staff.

Despite knowing the baby was growing increasingly ill, the pair failed to seek medical attention until the infant’s condition became life threatening.

It led to brain damage, sight problems and significant loss of motor skills, the court heard.

And despite knowing the baby was suffering from an injury to a leg, they failed to take the child for an X-ray as instructed by a doctor.

Unbelievably they allowed fractures on both legs to go undiagnosed and untreated until more than three weeks later in 2007.

Speaking after the hearing Calderdale Council’s group director for children and young people, Paul Brennan, said the pair WERE known to children and young people’s services and to other agencies.

As a result a serious case review is now being undertaken by Calderdale’s Independent Safeguarding Children Board.

The probe’s findings will then go to Ofsted for approval before being published.

Mr Brennan said: “This is an extremely sad case. The council is now responsible for the care and welfare of this child."

Adjourning the case until sentence, the Recorder of Bradford, Judge Stephen Gullick, warned Patel and Bradshaw: “All options are open, which include a prison sentence.”

The baby now has no chance of leading a normal life.
http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/winnipeg/2009/01/23/8118346-sun.html

Two young girls sexually abused by their uncle for more than two years say they suffered an even greater betrayal when their father allowed the man to resume living with them after he was arrested.

"They felt their father had chosen their abuser over them," Crown attorney Susan Helenchilde told court at a sentencing hearing this week.

"They were heartbroken, frustrated, angry and frightened. They were literally afraid to go to sleep in their own house."

The 50-year-old man cannot be named to protect the identities of his victims. He pleaded guilty last year to two counts of sexual assault, sexual interference and breaching a court order he have no contact with the girls.

On Wednesday, Judge Sid Lerner sentenced the man to five years in prison, minus two years credit for time served.

While the man is not accused of abusing the girls after he moved back into the house, his presence alone served to re-victimize them, Lerner said.

"I appreciate he didn't break down the door," Lerner said. "He was allowed back by his brother, to his brother's shame, I am obliged to say."

Court heard the man had been living with his brother and his six children at their Langside Street home when he began sexually abusing the then eight-year-old and seven-year-old victims in 2004.

The abuse continued until October 2006 when the older victim confided with a community club mentor who contacted police.

In July 2007, while bound by a court order to have no contact with the girls, the man called his brother, begging to return to the house, claiming he had nowhere else to live.

The girls' father said "he didn't know what to do, he was confused, he felt guilty and didn't want to turn his brother away," Helenchilde said.

"He sat his daughters down and he asked them if they minded if (their uncle) moved back. They were horrified, upset, confused ... and didn't know what to say." Helenchilde said the man continued to live at the home until January 2008 when one of the girls disclosed his return in a pre-trial interview.

The girls and their siblings have since been seized by Child and Family Services.

The older, now 12-year-old victim said the abuse she suffered at her uncle's hands has scarred her forever.

"I think about ... the husband I could have had," the girl wrote in a victim impact statement submitted to the court.

"I imagine an incredible guy who would love me and make me happy, who I would spend my life with. This is the man I wanted to give my virginity to. Not only do I not get to save my virginity for my husband, but I have to tell him about this one day. Will he even want me after he finds out?

"This will never be over for me."
January 24, 2009
Judge Miriam Reynolds said that in imposing sentence she was bound by legislation that was 101 years old, the Punishment of Incest Act 1908. Under the Act, a man coming before the court on this charge would face life in prison but the maximum sentence for a woman was seven years.

the first case http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0122/breaking32.html?via=mr

This article really pissed me off. I hope they both fry for what they did.

GALVESTON, Texas—In her final hours, 2-year-old Riley Ann Sawyers screamed as she was whipped with leather belts that turned her skin black and blue and was dragged by her hair into a bathroom where her head was repeatedly dunked into a tub of cold water - all part of a discipline session to teach her manners, her mother said.

“It seemed like it went on and on,“ Riley’s mother, Kimberly Dawn Trenor, said in a videotaped statement she gave to police that was played Tuesday during the first day of her capital murder trial in Riley’s death.

Prosecutors were set to question one of the investigators who took Trenor’s statement - in which she acknowledged taking part in Riley’s beating but blamed the toddler’s death on her husband, Royce Clyde Zeigler II - when her trial resumes on Wednesday.

Jurors wept Tuesday as they heard Trenor detail Riley’s brutal death, which an autopsy concluded was caused by skull fractures.

Trenor, 20, said those fractures occurred after Zeigler, who became enraged when the toddler didn’t learn to behave better, violently threw her several times across their family room, causing her to smack her head on the tile floor.

“I never meant for what happened to happen,“ Trenor said near the end of her more than four-hour statement.

However, prosecutor Kayla Allen told jurors that Trenor and Zeigler were both responsible for her death when they tried to discipline Riley on July 25, 2007. Trenor admitted to police that she pushed Riley’s head underwater and hit her with the belt that day.

“You’ve got to know ... the result would be death from what they did to her,“ Allen said.

Allen said after Riley was killed, the couple bought a plastic container, stuffed her beaten body inside and stored it in a shed before dumping it in Galveston Bay. Riley was dubbed “Baby Grace” by investigators in October 2007 after they found her remains and worked to identify her.

At the defense table, Trenor’s eyes teared up as she watched the videotape on a large screen. Several members of the jury of seven women and five men wiped away tears.

Trenor told police she and Riley moved from Mentor, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland, to Spring, a suburb north of Houston, in June 2007 to be with Zeigler after she met him playing the online video game World of Warcraft.

Trenor said at first her new life in Texas was great. But then Zeigler became upset Riley wouldn’t listen to adults or say “please” or “thank you.“ The discipline session was his idea, she said.

Trenor’s attorney, Tommy Stickler Jr., said in his opening statement that his client never intended to kill her daughter and that things just “spun out of control.“

But Allen said that Trenor did nothing to save her daughter, not even when Riley told her mother “I love you” as she was being beaten.

Trenor said she and Zeigler fabricated a story that Riley had been taken away by officials with Child Protective Services in Ohio to explain her disappearance to relatives.

Riley’s body, Trenor said, was kept in a container in a storage shed at their home until September 2007, when she and Zeigler drove to Galveston early one morning. They threw the container, which had partially been filled with cement, into the bay a day after they had unsuccessfully tried to bury it in a wooded area north of their home.

But the container did not sink, she said. A fisherman found it on a tiny island about a mile from shore the next month.

Trenor said Zeigler tried to commit suicide after Riley’s death and wrote a note in which he said she was innocent “of the sins I committed.“

Zeigler’s attorney, Neal Davis III, has said Trenor was responsible for Riley’s death. Zeigler will be tried later.

The toddler’s remains were unidentified for weeks until an Ohio woman named Sheryl Sawyers saw an artist’s sketch of the girl, believed it was her granddaughter Riley and called authorities.

Trenor could receive an automatic sentence of life in prison without parole if convicted of capital murder. The jury could also convict her of a lesser charge.

Prosecutors declined to seek the death penalty against either her or Zeigler, 25, because they didn’t think they could prove that the pair would be a future danger, a requirement for such a punishment.

Trenor and Zeigler are being held in the Galveston County Jail under bonds of $850,000 each.

http://www.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/state_regional/article/mother_describes_baby_graces_final_tortuous_hours/12269/
January 29, 2009
what they did wasnt discipline, it was abuse and child murder.

i bet he will be in prison or death penality, and she will just be in prison. for a lot less time

January 29, 2009
This is a sickening and tragic story. My hope for these two child killers is they are released into the general prison population where the other inmates are fully briefed on every last horrific detail of what happened to that little girl. Whatever happens after that, I'm pretty sure no one will see or hear a thing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login