Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teddy Bear Tantrum prompts emergency rescue - sorry for the repeat- whole story posted here.

Posted by Rose Red 
Temper Tantrum Turns Into Hillside RescueGLENDALE, Calif. (CBS) ―
Click to enlarge
A boy throwing a temper tantrum threw his teddy bear over a cliff, which resulted in a hillside rescue of his parents.
CBS

1 of 1
Close

numSlides of totalImages A teddy bear thrown in a temper tantrum turned into a full-scale search-and-rescue operation after the parents tried to retrieve the stuffed animal, but slipped down a steep Glendale hillside and needed to be rescued.

A 10-year-old boy named Soski threw his stuffed animal over a guardrail and down a hillside in the midst of a tantrum around 9 p.m. on Nolan Avenue near McGinn Drive.

"I threw my teddy bear, and then my mom went down to get it, but then she slipped," Soski said.

The child's father, Harry, went to help his wife, but he also slipped on the slick hillside. The couple found themselves 80 feet down the rain-slicked hillside, in need of help.

"We could not climb up because it was very slippery," Harry said, adding that he and his wife were worried because they had left their son alone atop the hill.

Soski ran to a neighbor's house, and they called 911.

Arriving firefighters then used ropes to pull the man and woman up to safety, and neither parent was hurt.

Firefighters told the station that the couple was lucky to have not fallen further down incline, which was roughly 300 feet long.
If that we my kid, that teddy bear would have remained down that hill, as a consequence. You throw a tantrum like a toddler and throw your toy somewhere unsafe, that's the end of the toy. If the tantrumming got worse, the kid would get five across the face.

I hope the goddamn teddy bear got left down there. Ten bucks says the kid ran to get help so he could get his bear rescued, not because he was worried about his parents.

Captcha: unWHY
they should be charged for that rescue, maybe not the whole amount, for the cost of a teddy, how many other lives could have been saved

(great captcha cambion)

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
How much more evidence does the world need about who, exactly, wears the trousers in the fambly?

How nice it must be to know that you, as grown adults... who contribute to society by working and staying within the law and performing civic duties and fulfilling your role as taxpayer, voter, leader, organiser, teacher, coach and manager... rate far beneath a clump of polyester cotton that fell out of a stinking factory in China, in the eyes of your unaccountably beloved brat.

Oxytocin poisoning at its best.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login