Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New for kids! BabyBlackberry. The end is near.

Posted by Rose Red 
New for kids! BabyBlackberry. The end is near.
February 03, 2009
http://tech.msn.com/products/articlecnet.aspx?cp-documentid=17295642>1=40000

Leapfrog unveils 'baby BlackBerry' for tots
By David Carnoy, CNET News
There's good news for parents who are tired of having their toddlers getting their grubby little paws on their BlackBerrys and other smartphones while they're not looking. Leapfrog has announced a product called the Text & Learn, or -- as it's sure to be known in the blogsphere -- the "baby BlackBerry."

Now kids can mimic their parents and send text messages and check their schedules at all hours of the day. The device, which is a bit bigger than your average BlackBerry, is geared toward preschoolers who are just learning to spell and includes games that focus on spelling and basic computer skills.

Virtual pal Scout is onboard to help; youngsters can exchange text messages with the little guy and check Scout's planner for meeting conflicts (OK, I'm kidding a bit there), and explore in a "pretend" browser mode. Other learning activities include letter matching, shape identification and QWERTY keyboard navigation.

The Text & Learn was unveiled at the U.K. Toy Fair this week and isn't supposed to be announced in the U.S. until next week, but we do know it will be available this summer and will cost $25. No, it doesn't have any sort of wireless capabilities (what did you expect for 25 bucks?), though it'd be scary if it did.
Re: New for kids! BabyBlackberry. The end is near.
February 03, 2009
I think I'm gonna be sick.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
February 03, 2009
Little hands mean a scaled down handheld device.
How long before some little genius swallows one?
February 03, 2009
My version of Baby Blackberry would be a nice flat, long wooden switch with which to smack the little bastard's hands when he touched MY Blackberry.

What is all of this shit teaching kids? That its ok to fuck with other people's shit, we'll just get you your own.
February 03, 2009
Can you imagine the mess?

children these days are learning NO boundaries at all.
Anonymous User
February 03, 2009
RAAAAGE! I like this line:

Now kids can mimic their parents and send text messages and check their schedules at all hours of the day

Schedules!? What Schedule does a toddler have? Baby's first staff meeting? My schedule when I was a toddle was

Morning- Whine and pee my bed

afternoon- make my moms life hell

Evening-Throw tantrum
February 03, 2009
This is ridiculous. These kyds will have absolutely nothing to look forward to when they grow up because they will already have experienced everything in it's miniature or virtual version before hand. All of the typical "grown up" things that I remember looking forward to most of these little bastards have already experienced it before the 4th grade. Staying up late and watching a scary movie, eating out in a nice restaurant, my own phone, driving, dating/sex, wearing makeup/going to a salon, getting a credit card, going to a concert, going on a trip with friends, etc..........If they haven't experienced it then they already know WAY too much about it for it to be exciting. Even sex will be fucked up for them because they will expect it to be like in their teen movies and whatnot that they are bombarded with on a daily basis.

Maybe I am just getting older, but I don't see the benefit of having EVERYTHING scaled down and handed over to kyds. If they are going to do that with anything, then I wish they would do it with toy condoms and birth control pill candy his-hers sets (sold separately). Each one could came with a fat ugly doll with a removable belly bump that when it was removed, it transformed her into a cool looking and smart chick. Then the baybee duddy would be sloppy, stupid, ugly and otherwise unnattractive until he put the toy condom on his play penis, THEN he would transform into an intelligent, witty, and nice looking guy. The possibilities for accessories, breeder "friends", cool CF dolls, etc.... would be endless. "Vasectomy Vince",....."Trojan Tom"..... "ErectaWrap Eddie", .... "Bellybump Bertha", ....."Oopsied Otis", ......Infertile Ingrid", ....."Childfree Franchesca", .... Udderly Ugly Edith",...C-Section Scarleena, ........ and so on.
February 03, 2009
Goin' fishin', darling?
February 03, 2009
That doodad is gonna cost way more than $25 I predict.

But, hey--it's a great idea! Let's put a delicate electronic device with tiny alphabet keys and a breakable screen into the hands of a young-un with iffy motor control. Super!
Oh yippety-skippety. Just what we need - ANOTHER social-connectivity device for a generation with the communication skills and mannerisms of baboons. And for people at an age where spending hours on screen time is the absolute last thing they should be doing...

"This is ridiculous. These kyds will have absolutely nothing to look forward to when they grow up because they will already have experienced everything in it's miniature or virtual version before hand...Even sex will be fucked up for them because they will expect it to be like in their teen movies and whatnot that they are bombarded with on a daily basis."

This +infinity. Especially the last part; among the headaches of running a modern middle school is students attempting a little 'action' in the freaking building. They can't even keep the boys and girls too far apart for fear of discrimination lawsuits. (@#$% lawyers)
Anonymous User
February 03, 2009
In parents' infinite wisdom to try and give their kids that extra 'edge' over aaaaaaall the other kids, when they're grown and they happen upon their first hand-written letter in cursive, they're just going to look at it blankly.

Idiots.
Anonymous User
February 03, 2009
Honestly I'm surprised that they are even making something like this. All the stupid breeders I know let their kids play with their actual cell phones. I had a cousin who's two year old was chewing on her phone so I took it away. Breeder got mad at me and said that the baby could play with it. That if something happened to the phone they would just get a new one. I see this shit all the time. It's infuriating! Not only are these kids learning not to respect other peoples things but that everything in life is disposable. Placenta brain. I just don't get it. :crz
February 03, 2009
Haha...captcha is wduxu. Finally, a funny one. Would you ex you? Heh.

"This is ridiculous. These kyds will have absolutely nothing to look forward to when they grow up because they will already have experienced everything in it's miniature or virtual version before hand...Even sex will be fucked up for them because they will expect it to be like in their teen movies and whatnot that they are bombarded with on a daily basis."

This +infinity. Especially the last part; among the headaches of running a modern middle school is students attempting a little 'action' in the freaking building. They can't even keep the boys and girls too far apart for fear of discrimination lawsuits. (@#$% lawyers)

It's so disgusting that we've become this lazy in teaching children how to entertain themselves. Remember bats and balls? Tree houses? Passing actual "notes" in class? I just can't imagine having to deal with my kids wanting all the stupid, annoying, idiocy-inducing bullshit that is out there. I could never do it. That and let them watch the mind corrosion they call "cartoons" these days.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login