Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mainstreaming the Fucking Retards

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Mainstreaming the Fucking Retards
February 04, 2009
Just talked to my mother; here's a lovely story on why it's such a great idea to mainstream the fucking retarded kids in with the regulars, just so they, and their parents, don't feel bad about themselves.

My 2 nephews go to preschool. Monday, my older nephew who is 5 "fell" at school and needed stitches on his head. He said he "fell" and my SIL didn't believe him. Later that day, one of the teachers who is a close friend of my SIL called her and said, "J*** didn't fall, XXXX pushed him and Mary (the other teacher) told J*** to say he fell when asked what happened."

Well my SIL was HOPPING mad and called the school SCREAMING holy hell at them.

Apparently, there is a severely retarded boy there with a plethora of issues whom they are "having a lot of problems with." My SIL screamed how he doesn't belong in a regular preschool and they were like, "well, his parents felt it best if he were mainstreamed." FUCK THAT NOISE.

So now SIL called this kid's parents screaming and there's a huge uproar, which I don't blame her. The retarded boy is going to seriously injure somebody even worse one day and nothing will be done because he's "retarded and doesn't know any better."

Sorry for the kid-related post but I wanted to show my first-hand experience with this mainstreaming bullshit.

I have a mentally-retarded cousin who wasn't mainstreamed, she got the right type of education and care in her formidable years and now she's actually a productive adult - as productive as can be given her handicap.
Re: Mainstreaming the Fucking Retards
February 04, 2009
It's unbelievable to me, not to mention unconscionable, that an adult told a kid to lie about the cause of his injuries. Shame on every adult in that building for fostering a culture where putting a kid in that situation is somehow acceptable.

Your SIL is right, and she should not let this go. It is a reasonable expectation for a preschool to provide a safe environment for all of their students. And if they can't, then the troubled kid should be asked to leave, regardless of what his parents "feel is best". If the school refuses to do that (probably because they are terrified of a lawsuit,) your nephews should go to another program. If the school won't listen to reason, they might pay attention if they start losing customers.
February 04, 2009
My brother had CP and was severly handicapped. Sometimes there is no choice but to mainstream a child. Not all people have a facility close to them to handle these types of children. The closest place for us was 5 hours away. They are not retards, they are handicapped. A retard is a person who is a fucking moron, but has the capabilitites not to be a fucking moron.
My brother spent about three quarters of his school day in a special education class with other kids just like him and he spent the rest of the day with the other kids in classes like music, art, and home room.
Mainstreaming is not the issue here, it is poor teachers who lie.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
February 04, 2009
Oh yea, the lawsuit thing. I told mom that SIL should scream that SHE'S going to be filing the lawsuit for allowing a severely handicapped kid in with the others that they are CLEARLY having problems with and this kid has a history of this shit, he was removed from his last preschool for the same shit.
February 04, 2009
From what my SIL has learned, this kid is violent and he's older, 8 years old. Which makes me ask why is he attending a preschool? Why is it allowed?

Why isn't anybody from wherever following up on why this kid isn't enrolled in a school?

I have a feeling he is possibly considered "homeskooled" and they parents send him here for whatever reason.

It doesn't appear that anybody is doing anybody any favors with this situation.
February 04, 2009
Kid was told to lie in a pathetic attempt to avoid the very brou ha ha that has ensued.
I think SIL SHOULD sue, to derail this assinine movement to mainstream obviously defective bastards.

In the schools defense (very few imo) they are between a rock and a hard place. If they don't mainstream the re-turd, they will be sued. Now, because turdleigh is mainstreamed, acting out, and demonstrably of a violent predisposition, they will be sued because he WAS mainstreamed.

This seems to underscore my occaisional point that I think we hate the parent(s) of these little buggers more than we do the kids. If the parents of the returd in this case were to get their assholes out of de nile he would be in an appropriate setting. Namely with other re-turds getting the lions share of tax payer money, smaller class sizes so they can teach turdleigh to wipe his own ass. Which may be as good as it gets.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
February 04, 2009
If a child is violent, abusive, and/or a danger to himself or others, then I do not think that he should be mainstreamed in with the other kyds unless there are enough well trained staff available to keep a constant watch on the situation, which there never is in a public school setting, I have heard parents say, "How will he LEARN to live within society if he never is placed with society?" Well, I agree with that to a certain extent, however I sure wouldn't want it to be MY sister's kyd's head he had to crack open in order for him to learn how to blend in properly. There simply needs to be special classes and teachers for special kyds with access available for all. It would be less expensive in the long run than trying to clean up the messes of these 8 y/o kyds who pitch violent tantrums when told that they can't wear their favorite cow suits to school and whatnot. I don't understand why we can't bring "special ed" classes back into the public school systems either.

On the one hand I feel sorry for the mentally handicapped kyds with violence and disruptive problems, but on the other hand it's not fair to the rest of the class either to be subjected to violent outbursts and constant disruptions. There has to be a middle ground somewhere where the mentally handicapped kyds can get the best care and education for their level and where the "regular" kyds can as well. I sure don't know what it would be though since most of the parents of the disruptive kyds don't seem to want to budge and demand nothing less than mainstreaming. I am so thankful that I don't have a kyd because if he came home with a busted head because of this I don't think I would be very happy. Once these kyds graduate from mainstreamed schools, are they to be hired into mainstream jobs, kinda like affirmative action? I sure would hate to get one of the violent ones as my postman, doctor's receptionist, waiter, medical assistant, or even a bag boy.

What good does "mainstreaming" in school do if they will never be able to actually "mainstream" into society anyway? How can that prepare them for any semblance of a "regular" life if they are unable to even control their behavior at recess or lunch and can't comprehend why they need to behave, be quiet, or pay attention in the first place? If mainstreaming would actually help them assimilate into society I would probably think it was a good thing, but I don't see how it has. I only personally know 3 kyds who were "mainstreamed", and 2 are in their 20's and still live at home and work at janitorial jobs at Easter Seals and neither could POSSIBLY function even for an afternoon alone anywhere. The other is in her 30's, lives in a group facility where everything is planned out and done for her, and she "works" washing dishes. I don't see how their going to regular school helped them out in the least, although they certainly caused more than their share of disruptions while attending "regular" school with elementary and Jr High being the worst for all concerned.

How does "mainstreaming" help the mentally handicapped who have violence issues? I think it's pretty clear that their presense doesn't help anyone else (except perhaps their parents), so how does it help them?confused smiley I don't think that it does, but rather it helps their parents because then they don't have to actually deal with the kyd in a homeskool environment and can escape it's wrath 7 or 8 precious hours a day, but at the expense of everyone else.IMHO.
February 04, 2009
we had a company here, that would hire kids like that, when they reached 16, downs and all sorts of problems, they worked (fastening caps on bottles of shampoo etc,) they learned how to function in groups, earning a little money got self respect from that. they werent pandered too. they were in special classes, upto 16, then they went to remploy. and they fitted into society. but since its closed down, they have nothing to do and theres less hope for them to survive.

this kid is a danger, just because he isnt in mainstream, doesnt mean he is ill or sick, its just he need the extra support they can give.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 04, 2009
There are always going to be borderline retarded kids who are ok for 'regular school' -- primary yes, but secondary or high school no (too sexually confusing for them, too competitive, too cruel, and for the teachers it's too dangerous as they're too big and strong to be restrained). We had a couple 'borderlines' in primary school -- David who blew bubbles with his drool and Steven who used to eat used kleenexes and couldn't stop singing Home On The Range -- they could just about keep up with the slowest normal kids. Their parents -- lucky old things -- could at least pretend for a few years that their kid was almost normal. It was ALL on the condition that one outburst meant being sent down to the school that collected its kids on the short bus. NO EXCEPTIONS.

The others in the area who were worse off, who we'd spot at the park or the pool, shouting and tantruming and swinging their fists at people, weren't allowed into 'regular school' because they were too acutely retarded. Back then, it wasn't all about bolstering parents' egos. If they thought their kid would make it into 'regular school' and the administration in charge (who are after all the professionals) decided not, well tough tamales. It was mentally handicapped school or nothing.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
February 04, 2009
I agree, the mom of the injured boy should sue--because of the lie.

"Falling" is minor and every kid does it all the time. Being shoved to the extent where the child needed stitches is much more violent and there is a chance the child has more injuries that might go undetected if the parent believes they "just fell." I doubt any parents think a kid has much chance of getting a concussion from just a normal minor fall. But getting slammed into a sharp bookcase edge hard enough to need stitches on one's head, by a much older and stronger kid, could conceivably induce a mild concussion. What if the parents don't know there are possibly more severe injuries, that then go untreated when they could have have those more severe injuries treated had they known? I would be mad as hell, too, if it comes down to my child possibly receiving injuries that I might not know about or know to look for. I am not the litigous type but I think a lawsuit is fair and appropriate, to punish the lying teacher. That is inexcusable.
February 04, 2009
I think a lot of parents mainstream their kids because they don't want to deal with the reality that their child is a retard. It is a harsh reality to face, which is why I have far more respect for parents who put their slow kids in the appropriate classes...they realize what their kid is and what his needs are and they accommodate the kid accordingly. If parents really cared about their kids, would they not have their mentally disabled child put into a special needs class?

And how exactly do parents want their slow kid to get used to society? By putting him in a regular class setting to overhear the other kids calling them names? To get used to people staring at them? To hope if the kid punches enough people in the face, everyone will learn to wear helmets to class (and thus inconveniencing the normal kids)? I agree that for that one retard to be mainstreamed, it is at the cost of the education and safety of the other kids. The kid may be a special snowflake, but he's no so special that he is entitled to wreck the learning experience of everyone else.

And yeah, what the flock is an 8-year-old doing in a preschool? Just because he has the brain capacity of a two-year-old doesn't mean he should interact with them. He is larger than any kid there and with this kid being a violent retard, he could continue hurting the other kids. A scraped knee or a wound needing stitches...what about when he gets bigger and can break bones or hit hard enough to do brain damage? Or worse? What if Tardleigh learns how to kill a small child? There's gonna be a lawsuit at that daycare very, very soon.
CFTeen
February 04, 2009
Cambion
I think a lot of parents mainstream their kids because they don't want to deal with the reality that their child is a retard. It is a harsh reality to face, which is why I have far more respect for parents who put their slow kids in the appropriate classes...they realize what their kid is and what his needs are and they accommodate the kid accordingly.

Seconded. I've read a couple books by parents of 'short bus children', where it became painfully obvious to everyone that the kid in question would NOT be able to live a normal life, period. The mental process of putting aside the rose-colored glasses and saying "My kid is a hopeless case" is anything but easy. To admit that your child will never be able to live independently, present you with a grandchild, support you and mom in your old age, etc. takes a truckload of honesty. To not force said child on the normal school population by threat of lawsuit requires some serious integrity.

Of course stories like theirs also reinforce one's CF decision with armor plating...
Anonymous User
February 05, 2009
CFTeen
Cambion
I think a lot of parents mainstream their kids because they don't want to deal with the reality that their child is a retard. It is a harsh reality to face, which is why I have far more respect for parents who put their slow kids in the appropriate classes...they realize what their kid is and what his needs are and they accommodate the kid accordingly.

Seconded. I've read a couple books by parents of 'short bus children', where it became painfully obvious to everyone that the kid in question would NOT be able to live a normal life, period. The mental process of putting aside the rose-colored glasses and saying "My kid is a hopeless case" is anything but easy. To admit that your child will never be able to live independently, present you with a grandchild, support you and mom in your old age, etc. takes a truckload of honesty. To not force said child on the normal school population by threat of lawsuit requires some serious integrity.

Of course stories like theirs also reinforce one's CF decision with armor plating...

I agree with both of you, I have known people who had retarded/handicapped children and all of them had something in common: delusion.
It is fairly simple and goes back to the root of human expectations if we think why people want to have children and, more important, what they expect from them. They want their children to be: brilliant, geniuses, the quaterback, the captain of the football team, the hero, the princess. They plan, they expect so much, and one day the baybee is born and s/he is autistic, or mentally handicapped and most of them never recover.
Sensible people would accept the situation and act accordingly, but in many, many cases parents start seeing their offspring as "special", wanting them to attend normal schools with normal children. Here I think the same way Cambion does, it is a harsh reality to face but somehow they close their eyes pretending that "someday, they will be like all the others", I am sorry but that is not going to happen.

There is something else, something even more painful, I daresay, that CFteen hints at the end. I knew a mother (PNcool smiley who once told me that, even though she loved her handicapped son, she could not deny that in a very deep and dark place she resented him strongly, blaming him for her forever lost life. It takes a lot to recognise that, but reality and life are what they are, harsh and ruthless, and no rose-colored glasses will change that.
February 05, 2009
A little off topic, but Cambion, Amethyst, and CF Teen's latest comments brought it to the front of my brain, so I guess it's their faults.drinking coffee

Anyway, one of the MAIN reasons that I get so completely incensed with these welfare whores who manufacture, exaggerate, and just outright LIE that their kyds have an Autism Spectrum disorder, ADD/ADHD, even various mental retardations in order to get an SSI check, special considerations and accomodations, or attention, is because they are taking away from the mentally handicapped children who TRULY need special services, classes, care, attention, etc......They are also causing the general population to turn a skeptical eye and a deaf ear to any child who has the "diagnosis of the day". As recently as ten years ago if I was made aware that someone I knew or had just met had a mentally retarded child, Autistic, or any other serious learning disabilities, I had an automatic level of sympathy, respect, and awe at what a challenge it is for them to properly care for and raise a child with these special needs. I used to think, "It takes a special person to be able to deal with something like that", and I was also amiable to the idea of picking up slack when they needed extra time off from work when dealing with their child whether it be medical care, more tests, or even a fun day at The Special Olypmics games, etc..........

Now though, with so many false diagnoses and every other behavioral problem improperly labeled and drugged inappropriately, I can't help it but I just roll my eyes when they say, "Chyrstianna has Austism", as she proceeds to interact with the other children, bullying, inciting arguments, pitching tantrums, etc...........to explain away her bad behavior. I am no Autism expert by any means, but the people I have known over the years who have Autistic children, back before it was misdiagnosed on a regular basis, would have seen ANY interaction of their child with another person, especially if he initiated it, as a miraculous breakthrough NOT an excuse to explain away bad behavior. I realize that with invention or use of the new scale of the disorders that there are probably different levels of symptoms which are recognized now. However, I only know what I have observed and these people are over medicating their kyds, grasping at diagnoses that are listed on the "approved to get a welfare check" list, and these kyds AND society are sufferring for it.

Worst of all though, children who are genuinely mentally handicapped with whatever illness or disorder are being over looked to a great extent by teachers, medical professionals and society in general, rather then being helped because we are seeing SO many moomie induced cases that are outright fraudulent that we don't know which cases are "real" and which are not. The threat of lawsuits and public ridicule are so great for "outing" these cases in our "special needs" grabbing breederific society, that I am afraid that they don't take the time to teach or treat the children properly who truly need it because of all of the fakers. I think that the lying breeders who claim to have a mentally handicapped child for selfish reasons when they do not, should have to work as caregivers/teachers for just one single day to one child with the REAL disorder that they CLAIM that their kyd has so they can see the difference for themselves. The misdiagnosed cases and the moomies with their hands out are a HUGE problem among the people who truly suffer and it is those selfish, lying, greedy, attention whoring people who I would really like to slap across the face.angry smiley
February 05, 2009
"Home, home on the range..."
February 05, 2009
A fine example of mainstreaming gone wrong is when I was forced to babysit my mother's BF's giant retard son. This guy was in a nut house before coming to stay with us because he's a dangerous schitzophrenic who doesn't take his meds, and he is so much in fact that he should not be alone with anyone in any environment that is not a hospital. His duh was one of the delusional parents...any time Tardley did anything wrong, destroyed something, hit the dog, whatever...it was the fault of someone or something else. Mom's too sensistive about having a clean floor, or the dog is too wussy and can't handle a slap on the spine.

But the second someone called the tard out on his lousy behavior, his duh would jump to his defense with duhddie bear claws fully extended and say, "Well, he's haaaaaaandicapped". Duh figured if he foisted his 250-pound retard on normal people in a normal atmosphere, he'd automatically turn into a normal adult because he didn't want to face the fact that his sperm made this worthless freak of nature...not to mention Duh was at work for 12+ hours a day, so it was me and my 60-year-old mother dealing with the fucker most of the time. But when anyone dared insult his progeny, suddenly the handicapped card came out.

Sticking a tard in a normal world will not heal them into normal human beings.
February 05, 2009
Rose Red
"Home, home on the range..."

not quite... (lallaaaaaalalalaaaaaaaa, hm hrummm)

"Home, home is deee--raaaaanged"

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
February 05, 2009
AAArgh I can still hear him... "an' duh deeeer an' duh an-tel-ope plaaaaaaaaay..." as he Elmers-glued his hands together YET AGAIN so that he could slowly pull them apart and chew the dry-glue-bits off his skinny dry hands.

The way I see it, if an individual can walk into a room, a school, a place of work, waving around a doctor's note and announcing that things have to change around here to accommodate moi, they don't have mental problems. They have behavioural problems. Not the same thing. They're only getting off on pushing others around, passive-aggressively bullying them, and issuing personal instructions to the rest of the population. That's the kind of thing that makes me go all stabby.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login