Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parunts don't let brats go out and play but let them on computer.

Posted by CF Uter 
More sex offenders joined MySpace than previously acknowledged
The social networking site says it's cut off accounts of 90,000 registered offenders in the last two years, nearly double the number identified previously. Facebook has yet to reveal its numbers.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-fi-myspace4-2009feb04,0,5305155.story

I'm always shocked how dumb moos over protect their kyddies and won't let them out of their sight and let them play and then let them get obese, but for some reason they let them on the computer. If they don't even want a 1% risk for their chyld's safety, and hover over them in every other way, why is it acceptable to live w/ the computer in your own house and have all that danger right in your brats' bedrooms?

I mean if they are illogically w/ their over protectivenesss regarding going out and playing and walking to school etc, why not be illogical and over-protective about the computer when it is an obvious risk?shrug
Re: Parunts don't let brats go out and play but let them on computer.
February 04, 2009
Please- they're probably just happy the kids aren't pestering THEM.

Ps. Many of those offenders simply re-registered at MySpace.
February 04, 2009
It's easy enough to filter or block Myspace pages, isn't it? I can't imagine it's not. If Mommy can't figger how to install it, she can hire a computer tech to put it in, no? And of course Mommy has placed the comp in the living room, NOT the brat's room, and limits the kid to a certain "media time" per day, I'm sure, as a reward after homework and chores are done. If all that is true, then junk on the Internet is much less of a threat IMO (stating the obvious).
I'm just saying they are soooo illogical about everything else, why aren't they illogical about this, since they don't even like a 1% risk about anything else. And, there obviously 'some' risk here.

I'm not trying to discuss whether or not the 'net is safe for kyds. Just crazy over-protective moos. Most moos don't let their kyds even TEENS out in the yard and play w/o supervision. Yes, I know of teens who can't go in the back yard. In fact, when I walk the dog, I never see a brat outside of any age, even in the backyards in the summer, even if their yards have a swingset and kyddie type pool. Absolutely no one uses them. I walk my dog at all different times of the day and sometimes walk him for hours if I take a day off or it is the weekend.
February 04, 2009
So many moms, that I know are totally clueless abut cyber nanny or any other parental controls for both computers and tele's.
When my sister was young, she spent 6 months living with me, because my brother was very sick and my parents could not take care of her and my brother and they were at the hospital most of the time. I had controls on the computer and TV. She had limited access to the internet. I also only allowed her 2 hours a day on the computer and 2 hours a day of tele. She was fine with that, we spent the rest of the time playing outside, doing crafts, reading, and playing games. When she had to go back home after my brother died, she hated it because there was no "play time" only "her time" she was allowed to again go back to no structure or attention.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
February 04, 2009
CF Uter
I'm just saying they are soooo illogical about everything else, why aren't they illogical about this, since they don't even like a 1% risk about anything else. And, there obviously 'some' risk here.

I'm not trying to discuss whether or not the 'net is safe for kyds. Just crazy over-protective moos. Most moos don't let their kyds even TEENS out in the yard and play w/o supervision. Yes, I know of teens who can't go in the back yard. In fact, when I walk the dog, I never see a brat outside of any age, even in the backyards in the summer, even if their yards have a swingset and kyddie type pool. Absolutely no one uses them. I walk my dog at all different times of the day and sometimes walk him for hours if I take a day off or it is the weekend.

Oh, I see what you mean; I missed your point there. Yeah, one wonders why the yard is off limits (I find this incredibly sad BTW) but the computer is fine and dandy.
February 04, 2009
the yard is off .limits because of the nasty pedo.. down the street down the road, on mars.

there has always been pedophiles, always will. its not new that there are more than is thought. its the same ratio as real life.

its just online gives them a chance to connect. the hysteria about the billions of pedo's are there to spread fear and control kids and our lives, yet you have kid beauty pagents, kids being sexulised thats ok. but parents are doing it? and thats ok

2 different rules for the same thing.

(as we have all heard about the co sleeping stuff and the breastfeeding till 8 or 9. its the same thing)

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login