Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

UPDATE on the man who saved his dog from the ice pond

Posted by Anonymous User 
Remember that story I posted about the man who saved his dog from drowning in an ice pond, only to have a firefighter call him an idiot.

Well guess who's getting an award from PETA? grinning smiley

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7874139.stm
AngryReptileKeeper
Re: UPDATE on the man who saved his dog from the ice pond
February 06, 2009
And if it had been a kid, he would be hailed as national a hero, and the news wouldn't shut up about him. :crz
February 06, 2009
Getting an award from PeTA is not necessarily a flattering thing.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
poofy_puff
Getting an award from PeTA is not necessarily a flattering thing.

Uh...I was thinking the same thing.

A.R.K. is right though, we'd never hear the fucking end of it if it'd been a kid. I searched for my English Mastiff about 6 years ago in a lightning storm when she got lost. Guess that makes me an idiot too. Oh well, she's here with me now, as dedicated to me as ever.
At least he's being honoured for saving an animals life. Especially after that stupid ass fireman (who saves animals on a fairly regular basis) slanted the guy for risking his life to save his dog.

I'm in England so I don't know the whole story regarding PETA, we have the RSPCA, can anyone enlighten me?
PETA: People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. They have done some really good things, but tend to be a little on the whacky side and because of this, stay on law enforcements' 'watch' list. They need to chill out and, in my opinion of course, focus on things more important to the animal cause. If you behave like an idiot, people are going to see you as such. There are ways to get what you want in more subtle, political ways. It sucks, but works better than tying yourself to the nearest railroad tracks in protest.

I am a certified FF but no longer work full-time doing so, and I can tell you, MOST FF's do NOT feel as this one does. Most of them adore animals - look at the recent horse 'Pencil', being rescued...I need to find that link...but really, the majority of public safety employees are very sensitive to animal rescues. He's just the odd one winking smiley
February 06, 2009
At least he's being recognized and he's got his dog safe and sound. And yes, had it been a fucking crotchling, we'd STILL be hearing about it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login