Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A single-moo of three is desperate for a wallet

Posted by Seacreature 
A single-moo of three is desperate for a wallet
February 06, 2009
Oh look! My captcha is a raspberry! "Fbbbp"

DEAR MARGO: I am a 27-year-old divorced mother of three. I have a full-time career and am also a part-time college student, all of which I manage well. For the past three months I have been dating a man whom I am thrilled with. (I didn’t know there were good ones out there like him.) I think the relationship has long-term potential. The problem is this: He talks incessantly about topics that aren’t of particular interest to me … things like current events. When I want to voice an opinion, it is hard to get a word in. If I remain completely silent (I’ve tried this), he fills in the blanks with noises like singing or little sounds. He’s also in the habit of having the TV on all the time, and I prefer it on only when I want to watch a specific program. I have a lot to think about most of the time and like to enjoy quiet moments. Since he spends a great deal of time talking and not listening, I don’t feel he is interested in learning more about me. (He does not ask me many personal questions.) At one point I discussed this with him, and he does not feel we are having trouble connecting emotionally. Could he just be an emotionally simpler breed of man than I am used to? The question is: How can I get "quiet time" without hurting his feelings? I am crazy about the man, and I feel we could have a good life together if only he would be quiet when it counts. — LOVER OF QUIET

DEAR LOVE: This man clearly likes noise around him, even if he has to make it himself. When you mentioned he fills in the blanks with "singing or little sounds," I thought he might have a neurological problem. But a neurologist assures me this is simply a quirk … annoying maybe, but not an indicator of something serious. I would guess this man is just self-centered with a few peculiarities, so you will have to weigh these deficits against the fact that you are crazy about him. If going into another room isn’t possible when he becomes enchanted with the charms of his own voice, you might try reiterating your need for occasional quiet. If he is unable to adjust, then a future together does not look bright. You cannot go through life with a chatterbox. — MARGO, TALKATIVELY
Anonymous User
Re: A single-moo of three is desperate for a wallet
February 06, 2009
Beggars can't be choosers.
Anonymous User
February 06, 2009
A divorced 27-year-old mother of three! Well done! She is obviously desperate for a wallet (a big one) and the stupid cow must be also in need of some kind of idiot-without-borders to take care of her and the package.
No wonder he talks so much, he must be thinking how on earth he was so stupid to become involved with her. I just love the piece of advice Margot "the smart" provides: "You cannot go through life with a chatterbox". Damn, right, take the money love, leave the box.
Anonymous User
February 06, 2009
He probably talks a lot so he can avoid hearing about all the "wonderful" things little snotley did today.
February 06, 2009
This gives me a headache in my eye...
"The problem is this: He talks incessantly about topics that aren’t of particular interest to me … things like current events. When I want to voice an opinion, it is hard to get a word in."

Wowie wow...what a selfish asshole he must be for talking about CURRENT EVENTS that affect his, hers and everyone else's lives...and if she doesn't care about current events, then why the hell should he shut up long enough to listen to her uneducated opinions on them? What a stupid, desperate sow.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
February 06, 2009
I wonder how he could be such a figitty irritation, yet she's still 'thrilled with' and 'crazy about' the idea that on his paycheck she could give up her 'career', hang out with her evidently parentless children all day, and attend a few fun college classes man.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Anonymous User
February 06, 2009
"this: He talks incessantly about topics that aren’t of particular interest to me"
Maybe her crotch nuggets are of no interest to him.
February 06, 2009
DEAR MARGO: I am a 27-year-old divorced mother of three.
Already in the first sentence, she tells me all I need to know.moo with baybeem

I have a full-time career and am also a part-time college student, all of which I manage well.
I SERIOUSLY doubt that she has a "career", perhaps a job, but that is probably it. Also, with a full time job, part time school, and this new man, WHEN is she raising her kyds?

For the past three months I have been dating a man whom I am thrilled with. (I didn’t know there were good ones out there like him.) I think the relationship has long-term potential. The problem is this: He talks incessantly about topics that aren’t of particular interest to me … things like current events. We have VOLUMES in this sentence as well. Why wouldn't current events be of interest to her?

When I want to voice an opinion, it is hard to get a word in. If I remain completely silent (I’ve tried this), he fills in the blanks with noises like singing or little sounds. GOOD LORD!!!! The man has to chirp or sing to fill in the void where conversation should be, how sad.

He’s also in the habit of having the TV on all the time, and I prefer it on only when I want to watch a specific program. I have a lot to think about most of the time and like to enjoy quiet moments. Sorry, THREE kyds and "quiet moments" do not go hand in hand. I am with her on the TV blaring 24/7 though and she may as well forget about him breaking that habit. It's ingrained from childhood and can NOT be broken.

Since he spends a great deal of time talking and not listening, I don’t feel he is interested in learning more about me. (He does not ask me many personal questions.) At one point I discussed this with him, and he does not feel we are having trouble connecting emotionally.
riiiiggghhht. This explains it. He just wants (and is getting) an easy lay and he has NO intention of taking it any further. I hope that he has the good sense to wear a condom.:sx
February 06, 2009
For the past three months I have been dating a man whom I am thrilled with. (I didn’t know there were good ones out there like him.) I think the relationship has long-term potential. The problem is this: He talks incessantly about topics that aren’t of particular interest to me …

Is this a contradiction, or what? It makes no fucking sense whatsoever! Typical moo-speak. She's "thrilled" with him, yet he supposedly talks "incessantly" about shit that doesn't interest her? I want to find this guy and scream GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS PSYCHO HARPY. As mentioned, if the topic of discussion doesn't directly or indirectly involve her brats, it's of NO interest to her.

My god. Again, it's freaks like this who make me embarrassed to be a woman.
February 06, 2009
It wouldn't let me finish on the one post, so here's the rest:

"...Since he spends a great deal of time talking and not listening, I don’t feel he is interested in learning more about me. (He does not ask me many personal questions.) At one point I discussed this with him, and he does not feel we are having trouble connecting emotionally...."
(Riiiigggght. He isn't the least bit interested in her personally or emotionally NOR does he desire this "good life together" like she is fantasizing. He only wants (and is getting) an easy lay. I hope that he is smart enough to wear a condom)

What an idiot this woman is to think that a great guy who is single and I am assuming withOUT child, would want to hook up and support her and her three brats? If he marries her you can BET YOUR ASS that she would dump school and quit work. My God this woman is stupid because it's painfully obvious to the casual observer that he just wants sex and does NOT want to buy the cow, so to speak. .eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login