Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tell us a funny animal story

Posted by annie35 
Tell us a funny animal story
February 06, 2009
I gave my beagle dog an ice cube. He hid it in his food bowl. He came back to get it and it had melted. He took every piece of food out of the bowl and put it on the floor , looking for his ice cube. He hides everything.

I also bought him a down filled comforter ( at a garage sale and cheap) for his porter, he sleeps in a big wire cage like thing, because he has a habit of running around the house all night and keeping us awake. Well I washed the blanket and threw it in his bed, he spent about 10 minutes moving it around with his teeth, to make the exact blanker bundle he wanted.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Re: Tell us a funny animal story
February 06, 2009
The ice cube story is adorable! Mine also involves ice...

Our driveway is pretty icy and is surrounded by a fence. When the dogs are let out from their garage Dogloo pen, they are SO THRILLED that for the next 10 minutes they spend time running all over the yard in the utmost happiness and glee. There goes Willie down the driveway at warp speed, churning his stubby little legs. Uh-oh, be careful Willie, there's a bunch of ice down...hey, slow down...Willie! The fence is coming up! Stop! [mad sound of nails scrabbling fruitlessly on ice, legs flying everywhere, sudden doggie realization that there is zero traction] CRASH!!!!! Willie crashes sideways and harmlessly into the fence. He wasn't hurt, and I shouldn't laugh, but oh, it was funny. Poor thing!

Same thing happens next day. eye rolling smiley We love our tiny-brained li'l fire-plug.
February 06, 2009
ok, we used to have a springer spaniel called muffin.

now he was the thickest most lovable dog. he didnt care if you smacked him (when he had done bad) as you were touching him.. and he loved being stroked or smacked..

he once one xmas opened the fridge. and ate, a dozen eggs, shells and carton, half a pound of cheese, we had a pressed ox tongue he ate that. he emptied the fridge of all food. we come back and we see the fridge door was open. we knew it was him so we locked him in the laundry for 30 mins, then we let him out and he came and asked for his dinner. we had to sellotape the fridge up from then on.

he once ate a cork on a peice of string, it came out string first. yes.. ewwwww

he used to like playing slidies.. he used to get some tin cooking trays out from under the sink, and used to put them in the middle of the room and would run and slide on them we would wake up hearing a thud, as he hit the door..

he once ate a very poisonous amaryllis plant, that was about to flower, he ate, the flower, the stems, the bulb, the soil and half the pot.

he was a pedigree, so one year after being pestered by a breeder we took him to the farm and she said we have just the females for him, and we let him off his lead, and in the the ladies.. he ignored them (they were on heat), he wasnt interested at all.. (a childfree dog). he would rather run about and play.. needless to say he was never a dad

he pined away whn my dad died and soon joined my dad. he was the biggest thug on 4 legs.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 06, 2009
My sister had a coonhound -- a treeing walker they call those -- named (yes!) Jethro. He was a real hillbilly-in-the-burbs.

For my sis's 18th birthday, one of her friends gave her a gag gift of 100 condoms in a box. All different colours, shapes, flavours, etc. She was boyfriendless at the time, so soon after it was archived in the bottom drawer of her dresser and forgotten about. Until about a year later when she flew off to college and left that bottom drawer open in her haste to get out of the house. Needless to say, the attraction of small things that smelled of strawberry, chocolate and, er, spermicide proved too much for the hound. The following day, the back yard looked like a circus had exploded there. Colourful remnants -- yellow, blue, pink, black, green, turquoise -- were scattered across the lawn as they just kept dropping out of the guy at a rate of about one a minute. That dog'd do anything for a laugh.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
February 06, 2009
Awe, I love pet stories! Great thread, Annie.

I have a pic to go with my story. A few weeks ago I was cleaning out the tarantula tank. I'd put miss Rosie spider on a nearby enclosed shelf to let her 'explore' the trinkets while I changed her substrate. The cats are watching intently, as there are still a few crickets hopping around in the tank and the spider is out. I put the dirty stuff in a plastic bag and walked out of the bedroom for a bit to toss it in the trash.

I come back to this:

Stanley just could NOT resist the crickets. He had to get in and pat on 'em.

I was laughing as I took this pic, he's got a dirt goatee!

AAaahhh cats...gotta lovvem'!
February 06, 2009
I wish I could have a cat. My husband is deathly allergic to them.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
February 06, 2009

I wish I could have a cat. My husband is deathly allergic to them.

Awww, pooh... Well, I've got the opposite problem, I wish I could have a dog, but hubby is allergic to them! But you know, I figure there are advances in allergy meds. I'm hoping that he can get some sort of monthly shot so that we can get a dog some day! Yes, I'm selfish...but only when it comes to pets. tongue sticking out smiley
February 06, 2009
My two cats have been house cats their entire lives, and it shows. Almost every winter, my mom gets mice in the house, and sometimes one will scamper across the floor in the basement...with these cute little boarders in the house, of course the cats will camp out near all the doors in the basement and patiently wait for some sort of movement.

I came home one day to find Caspurr and Rolly playing with something in the basement. I looked, and there was a half-dead little mouse dragging itself around. It couldn't even actually walk. My cats were swatting it back and forth to one another as opposed to killing it. And at one point, my other boy Kip once caught a mouse from the basement and brought it upstairs and laid it on my mom's bed. She wasn't too happy about that.

My late kitty Mollie was such a quirky boy...he'd never drink out of his water bowl, but he'd drink out of the toilet (whether or not it was clean), the de-humidifier, or the bathtub after someone had showered. He also had a passion for junk food; he ate an entire bowl of popcorn by himself in one night. He also once broke into a new box of doughnuts and took a single bite out of each one. And when I was very young, he decided to help himself to the pumpkin pie my mother had just taken from the oven and set on the table to cool. Mom turned around and there was a giant paw print in the middle of the pie and Mollie munching on a chunk of said pie right on the table.
February 06, 2009
easy solution annie and sea.. swap hubbies LOL..

we used to keep rabbits, and we had one that gave birth, and one of them was dead, so my mum was cleaning out the cage, and put it down to be buried. and someone let muffin out, and next thing mum knew the dead baby rabbit was gone and muffin was there.

she shouted where is it.. and he placed it down on the floor and was licking it. we think he was trying to wake it. he didnt chew it or anything. and he could have eaten it in one bite, but he didnt..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 06, 2009
My cat used to love to lick envelopes and play with q-tips. When she was younger and more agile, I'd have to put these things in drawers lest I return to a home covered in q-tips and glueless envelopes. Also, she doesn't mind getting a bath because I had to bathe her frequently as a kitten. She was a great jumper and loved sitting in the garbage can, yes IN. She didn't eat anything, just liked sitting in it.

DH's cat, loves Twizzlers, Wheat Thins, Nilla Wafers, and the shredded lettuce from one sub shop in our town. She's like a maniac for these things.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
February 06, 2009
Some great stories y'all!

Cam, the little field mice *are* absolutely adorable little things. Being in the country, I sometimes will get one a year or so but have successfully blocked all entrances into the house.

Anyway. My story's short. We were having a barn-party complete with good friends, cold beer and great food earlier this winter. My horse was in his stall and there is a table between the stalls. We were all sort of drunk, and someone set a tray of Tostitos and dip on the table, and I set my hotdog there as well. I turned around to get my hotdog only to find mustard all over my horses' lips, as well as the chips and dip on the ground. He ate my entire hotdog: dog, bun, cheese...everything! I suppose when he tried to get to the chips, he just knocked the whole tray over...he just looked at me and kept trying to lick the remaining mustard off his lips.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login