Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1315 Won't Be Lonely When You're Old

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
KidFreeLuvnLife
1315 Won't Be Lonely When You're Old
May 04, 2006
Valkyrie, your friends sound so COOL!! I'm Pagan also. If I had the resources, I'd love to live totally amongst animals like that. I have 6 cats and 2 dogs but I'd have more if resources permitted. I agree, how could you possibly be lonely when there are so many GREAT animals out there needing homes? I'd take an animal any day over some ungrateful kid. My pets are better comfort, companions, company than any human. Except SO of course! smiling smiley
From Valkyrie's original post:

"Every so often, we have discussions here about how so many parents find themselves shipped off to nursing homes rather than cared for by the children that they devoted so much of their lives to."

My couson used to work in a nursing home and she can back you up on how many of the residents who had family WITHIN A 25 MILE RADIUS never had any family visit!
Anonymous User
Re: 1315 Won't Be Lonely When You're Old
May 04, 2006
There's absolutely no guarantee that your kids will want to take care of you, or if they'll even live close enough to you. Pets, on the other hand...
That line, "but you'll be lonely when your old." is pretty lame. I'm sure there are plenty of old folk lonely in nursing homes, while they are neglected and forgot about. Pets will be in your heart forever. B/c you cherished them, and them you.
One day my stupid single moo SIL who is poor and lives with MILasked me in fornt of other family memebrs, who is going to take care of you when you're old bullshit. I said my 401K plan that will help me when I'm old.
Re: 1315 Won't Be Lonely When You're Old
May 04, 2006
My Mom didn't even make it past 54, so I don't think I need to worry about "old age". The only thing I worry about is my cats, and my aunt has already promised to take them in should something happen to me.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.