Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thank you! (from a new member)

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
thank you! (from a new member)
February 08, 2009
Hello to the blissfully bratfree!

Thank you very much for this forum. It's delightful to be able to read intelligent, reasoned thoughts from people who share my deep aversion to children, their moomies, and society's relentless message that we should all be breeders. I've known that I wanted to be cf for as long as I can possibly remember. My mother (a woman who, despite being a parent, cannot tolerate badly behaved children and their self-indulgent moos and duhs. And thus, I suppose, the distinction between the parented and the breeders of our world) tells me that I ruined every baby doll I ever had (and that I screamed with horror when my breeder aunt insisted on my having an ugly Cabbage Patch Doll--what awful faces those monsters had), but that I lovingly revered my stuffed animals. And here I am, on the verge of 30, with no desire to ever, ever have children, but with a heart and home full of kitty love. They're not "substitutes" for the snot-faced. They're the beings with whom I have an affinity, and my companions.

It's hard, as you know, to live in a world that caters to breeders. I'm the "evil" one for wanting a library to be quiet, and not filled with shrieks of errant toddlers whose unfulfilled, vengeful moos let them run rampant; I'm "unnatural" for getting squeamish when a sticky-fingered, germ-ridden mutant tries to touch me on the subway; I'm a "monster" for getting impatient when I refuse to let poopy-pants make up his mind in line, thus inconveniencing folks who have precious little time to waste in their breaks. And it's not just the moos who shoot me the death looks. Somehow the man who was twitching with fury in line behind me because it's taking such an awful long time to check out thinks my impatience over a toddler's whims is unwarranted. As if, once again, I'm being immature, when a woman who defers to the wanton opinion of a gibberish-speaking gnome is the one who Knows How It Should Be Done. And that entails a diaper dropping's feedback on whether there will be orange or cherry cola with this order (though shouldn't it be: how about some milk, and let's lay off that sugar?)

So it comforts me to know that you're all out there, tapping your feet with the injustice of it all, waiting to come home to share the frustration with those who think things should be different. And also to share the joy of a life lived as YOU want it--filled with meaning, not mucus. That such a decision is not selfish (oh, the selfish reasons one does have a child. . .let us count. . .and the selfishness that ensues. Exploit anyone much, Moo Gosselin?), but is made for the most well-informed reasons possible.

So, thanks. I look forward to being a part of such a great group.

--Catlover
Re: thank you! (from a new member)
February 08, 2009
How many cats do you have, and how long have you been lurking?:1welcome

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
February 08, 2009
I have three kitties. The third is a recent addition, as I moved into my house this Fall, and soon after found a little one mewing on the porch. And sure enough, what went from feeding her to an elaborate progression of beds (cardboard box with blanket to covered igloo with very plush cushions) ensured that soon after she and I would be snuggling in my house. Can't resist.

I've lurked for awhile, I must admit. (And apologies if my hovering presence made you think trolls were on the loose). It initially felt good just to read the posts, but I'm excited to be able to respond now.
February 08, 2009
Just wondering. Didn't think you were a troll! smiling smiley

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
February 08, 2009
Welcome catlover!:1welcome

I lurked for over a year before I ever posted, so don't feel left out! tongue sticking out smiley I look forward to reading your posts.
February 08, 2009
Hi catlover! It's great to get new members! :1welcome

"Meaning, not mucus": bouncing and laughing I love it! May I please borrow that for a sig line?
Anonymous User
February 08, 2009
My pleasure! Kind of has a better ring than "significance, not snot," but it all adds up to the same thing. That's why I had to laugh after reading the Antigone crap, and how many times she's mentioned being peed on, shat on, spat on, and generally made to be a human whipping-post of bodily fluids. And she thinks she's so intelligent. I can't wait til she actually attempts to enter a law school classroom (not that it would get to that) with excrement on her shirt. Then she will see how much that glorifies her.
February 09, 2009
Hey catlover! Welcome! Nice to see another CF find a comfy niche.
Anonymous User
February 09, 2009
Welcome catlover!:1welcome Do not worry about lurking before joining, almost everyone has done that before. I hovered for about a month before registering. :hello
February 09, 2009
Beautifully said!:hello

And welcome here, too! You'll have loads of fun here!grinning smiley
February 09, 2009
Welcome. Your posts are well written and I look forward to your contributions.
February 09, 2009
Hello and welcome! :1wv
Anonymous User
February 09, 2009
Thanks everyone! It feels wonderful to be here. Really, really lovely. Thanks for the warm welcome.
February 09, 2009
Welcome catlover..
Cats accumalate...
Post away...
BTW, we do get the occasional troll and in such cases, have at it.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
February 09, 2009
we dog lovers are getting over run. we CATagorically need a CATapult wink.. to stop the CATasstrophy.

welcome to this board.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 09, 2009
mercurior
we dog lovers are getting over run. we CATagorically need a CATapult wink.. to stop the CATasstrophy.

welcome to this board.

I hadn't realized that you were so dogmatically pro-canine.bouncing and laughing
February 09, 2009
i could say something like i like all things doggy. but that would be slightly too rude even for me.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
February 09, 2009
Count me in cat-lovers! :hello
February 09, 2009
I guess that I am a Bi-Pet lover because although at the present time my home is home to 27 felines, I have had my share of canine companions over the years with my favorite having been "Mollie, the Jollie Collie" followed with my "tie" for bestest pet ever and that would have been my dog Bear, who was of German ancestry. There is really no particular animal that I do NOT like, although I don't lean toward anything reptilian or amphibian as a pet. I don't hate them or anything but they feel icky to me though and their stare creeps me out. Spiders don't do much for me either, especially the kind who live around these woods because they look like hairy lobster as they scurry across the floor (it gave me chills to type that) The woods are full of rabbits and I would LOVE it if they came up close to me like the raccoons do, but they don't because of the cats, Mice, hamster, and birds are out of the question simply because they would become IMMEDIATE prey and live a life of constant fear, but I do like them and I feed wild birds and probably some field mice too that I don't know about.

So, count me in as a Cat-Dog person, although I love most all critters. I believe that people can intermarry, but ONLY if they are Cat-Dog and Dog-Cat combinations because if one is strictly cat and the other strictly dog, it never works out very well. It won't even work if you have a Cat-Dog vs Dog only or vice versa, in my experience. This is my first predominantly Cat-Cat marriage.bouncing and laughing
Anonymous User
February 09, 2009
kidlesskim
So, count me in as a Cat-Dog person, although I love most all critters. I believe that people can intermarry, but ONLY if they are Cat-Dog and Dog-Cat combinations because if one is strictly cat and the other strictly dog, it never works out very well. It won't even work if you have a Cat-Dog vs Dog only or vice versa, in my experience. This is my first predominantly Cat-Cat marriage.bouncing and laughing

Wise words Kim :drkbddy, and utterly true, I consider myself strictly cat and it does not work unless the other side is the same.
February 09, 2009
Sanguinius
kidlesskim

Wise words Kim :drkbddy, and utterly true, I consider myself strictly cat and it does not work unless the other side is the same.

I found out by experience. It never occurred to me that two animal lovers would have problems with one or the other bringing a pet(s) into the relationship or adopting one later regardless of species or breed, but how WRONG that turned out to be. One of my ex husbands was a DOG only and it never occurred to me beforehand that he couldn't (or wouldn't) be feline friendly, or at least cat-tolerant.. He always resented my cats, didn't want them in the bed, on the furniture, hocking up hairballs, hanging from the curtains, or attacking his golf balls while he practice putted. No matter HOW much I pleaded with the cats they simply would NOT comply with his wishes and that marriage was doomed from the beginning because it was a Cat-Dog/Dog relationship. I have however noticed too that some people are breed specific and THAT can cause problems as well, although I never personally experienced it. Generally speaking, staunch Rottweilers don't mix with Standard Poodle types very well nor do Persians only mix too well with SHD mixed breed types.
February 09, 2009
i dont mind cats, but dogs are my fav, used to keep tree frogs once upon a time..

February 09, 2009
Contrary to what my name and avatar imply, I am very much a cat person. I got my first kitty at the age of 5 and I currently have 2 adorable fluffy girls.

So welcome and post away, catlover! :hello
Dogs rule. Cats drool.

Welcome, catlover.

Okay, I have a little soft spot for kitties too. I can tolerate them much better than I can tolerate kids.
Anonymous User
February 12, 2009
Oh, didn't mean to start the great cat-dog divide! (Though it was all waged in good fun, I know).

Bottom line, which I think we all agree on, and to rephrase it slightly:

Animals RULE, brats DROOL.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login