Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why You so mad?

Posted by annie35 
Why You so mad?
February 10, 2009
So I am going to FL for business. I asked my husband to tag along , we will make it a long weekend and have some fun.
This trip happens to be on the due date of SIL.
We are asked when we will be at the hospital, we reply that we will be in FL.
So now the family is mad, they think we don't care and we are putting our wants before family. We could care less, it is a discounted trip to FL, a person would be dumb to pass up 4 days in FL, for a cheap price.

Why is it so important to people that the whole family is there to see the alien like creature, that can't even sit up or do any tricks?
We will see it at a later date, it is not like it will grow up and go away to college in the 4 days we are gone.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Anonymous User
Re: Why You so mad?
February 10, 2009
"it is not like it will grow up and go away to college in the 4 days we are gone."

And just how do you know this? This newborn may be the next Einstein at 2 days old! I think you're taking a big risk at missing out on THE worlds' most genius child...no no, you must be jealous, yea that's it hysterical laughterz
February 10, 2009
Don't worry, Annie. If she delivers when you're away, rest assured that there will be at least one amateur videographer with zoom capabilities, so you won't miss a detail, in addition to the thousands of still shots and plenty of eyewitness testimony.

Who knows, she might be late, so you still might be able to attend The Miraculous Event after you return from Florida.
February 10, 2009
This same thing goes on in my famblee (AND the husband's) regarding "milestones" or special events. When someone doesn't commit to attend whatever it is voluntarily then they apply pressure via guilt. "It's SO important that you drive the 800 miles and come to Thanksgiving at Granny's this year. We are also celebrating her 90th birthday (2 months early) after lunch and it will probably be her last." EVERYONE, including cousins and good friends, are expected to "come see the baybee", which I have NEVER understood. I remember when "everybody" piled into the hospital on my mother to "see the baybee" after my youngest sister was born and she HATED it. She was exhausted and didn't feel well, she looked like shit, needed assistance just to get up and piss, and just was NOT up to all of these visitors. WHERE did that tradition of the whole tribe camping out in the mooternity ward come into common practice? It used to be just people piling in to gaze and ohh and ahh over the baybee AFTER it was expelled, but now they want entire famblees IN the delivery room or standing by outside for hours on end and patiently awaiting the stork landing.shrug

Personally, I do NOT like to be visited when I am ill and CERTAINLY not while I am hospitalized. Medical staff are pulling back gowns with no regard to the fact that they are exposing God knows what to aunts, uncles, cousins, and the famblee preacher, dressings, IV's, catheters, and bed pans have to be changed, and in the case of a moocow who has recently calved, they want to look at her twat and maybe even finger it, look at her belly, titties, and perhaps even check for oozing at the site of a C-section or episiotomy, etc.......A hospital is NO PLACE for people to congregate at will as if it is a famblee reunion. It would be much nicer to show up a week (or two or three) later with a covered dish or something and THEN look at the baybee, preferrably while he is sleeping and/or happy. :bayybee IMO. I would be grateful that I had the excuse and the opportunity to JUST SAY NO to the crowded baybee gazing famblee fiasco. I hope that you have a great trip and I PRAY that she doesn't have a delayed birth. moo with baybeem
February 10, 2009
Delayed birth won't help any. We still won't be attending the birthing event.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
February 10, 2009
The whole famblee is mad??

brouuuuuuuuhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack ack ack

waving hellolarious waving hellolarious waving hellolarious waving hellolarious waving hellolarious

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
February 10, 2009
It's not that they're mad, what gets me is that they act SURPRISED. I've only known Annie a relatively short time and only on the internet, and even I wouldn't be surprised if she PURPOSELY made travel plans JUST to avoid the travesty "blessed event".

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
February 10, 2009
That's crazy that they expect you to "attend" the wonderful event. I always thought it was just the husband and maybe the girl's parents. But to have the whole famble there is nuts. I would tell them "what do you expect me to do, pull the kyd out of her?" Gah!!

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
February 10, 2009
I had this situation come up and at the time I was a contracted employee and couldn't take the time off. I consider that ducking a bullet.
Anonymous User
February 10, 2009
Is she getting induced on her due date? If she's not, there's no way of knowing when the little brat will be born. Why should you cancel a trip simply because it might be born that day? Besides, you have to go on business, and it's not your damn kid anyway. Let them be angry.
February 10, 2009
Yes let them be angry. What, have they got something planned around you being right there at the event? A special role perhaps that you need to perform? Are you meant to be cord-cutter or twat-shaver or stirrup-mistress? If not, then I suggest they stick a sock in it and let you come round to see the new lump of matter in your own time. If ever.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
February 10, 2009
Amethyst
Yes let them be angry. What, have they got something planned around you being right there at the event? A special role perhaps that you need to perform? Are you meant to be cord-cutter or twat-shaver or stirrup-mistress? If not, then I suggest they stick a sock in it and let you come round to see the new lump of matter in your own time. If ever.

MIL is turning this birth event into something all about her. She thinks she is the matriarch of the family and wants her moment in the spotlight.
Hell, she is having a grandma shower, I have never heard of such a thing. It is a shower for grandmas to get stuff for the baby, that they can keep at their home. She is all about this birth event and wants the whole world to know she finally a grandmoo. She keeps telling us how exciting it is to be an aunt and uncle. My brother has had kids for 11 years, we are perfectly aware of what it is like to be an aunt and uncle.
Nobody came to witness my IUD insertion, so I am not going to witness the spewing of a crotch fruit. He! He!

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Anonymous User
February 10, 2009
annie35

Hell, she is having a grandma shower, I have never heard of such a thing. It is a shower for grandmas to get stuff for the baby, that they can keep at their home.

You have got to be kidding me. Can you imagine? Are you expected to go to that? I have decided to never go to a baby shower; I guess I'll have to amend that to include grandmoo showers.
February 10, 2009
Grandmoo showers, tuh. Is it gifts for babee or grammy? Hard to tell. Both wear diapers, probably. Both need bibs. Both like a sprinkle of powder on their arses. Both need a soft spoon for getting that carrot-puree past those gums.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
February 10, 2009
My mother's friends threw her a meemaw shower and it rivaled ANY regular baybee shower that I have ever attended. It was held at a country club with about 75-100 in attendance in all, although there could have been more as they came and went because it was set up more as a tea. She got the exact same gifts you would expect to see at a regular baybee shower so that she would be stocked up for when the grandbrat was at her house: Stroller, pac n' play, high chair, and a basinette type swing were among the big and high end ticket items with diapers, baybee ass accessories like lotions and wipes, bottles, formula, toys, ass AND mouth thermometers, mobiles, teething rings and rattlers, blankets, pillows, vomit towels, etc....just about anything that you can imagine for baybee, it was there. I have never seen anything like it my life, but apparently this is becoming more and more common. They are slathering on the attention for meemaws like never before, so that one cuntlet that they drop at age 20 can keep on giving and giving like the energizer bunny. :bayybee
ocelot
February 11, 2009
The terms "Meemaw" and "Peepaw" squick me right the hell out. It's so sickeningly twee...and also kinda "crazy inbreeding hillbilly freaks." It just makes me think of "The Hills Have Eyes" or something.

I admit, it may just be me, but it gives me the visual of some creepy old perv every time.
February 11, 2009
ocelot
The terms "Meemaw" and "Peepaw" squick me right the hell out. It's so sickeningly twee...and also kinda "crazy inbreeding hillbilly freaks." It just makes me think of "The Hills Have Eyes" or something.

I admit, it may just be me, but it gives me the visual of some creepy old perv every time.

The Hills Have Eyes? two faces puking My fiance (a horror movie fan) duped me into watching that movie a couple of years ago, despite the well-known fact that horror movies make me sick. "Come on, it won't be bad I promise!" doh face I'm still recovering from the psychological trauma. What is it with people making movies like that? Bunch of sick fucks.

But I digress. My fiance calls his grandparents that. I think it sounds stupid, and I cringe every time I hear it. He's not a hick, but they sure are.
ocelot
February 11, 2009
AngryReptileKeeper
The Hills Have Eyes? two faces puking My fiance (a horror movie fan) duped me into watching that movie a couple of years ago, despite the well-known fact that horror movies make me sick. "Come on, it won't be bad I promise!" doh face I'm still recovering from the psychological trauma. What is it with people making movies like that? Bunch of sick fucks.
But I digress. My fiance calls his grandparents that. I think it sounds stupid, and I cringe every time I hear it. He's not a hick, but they sure are.

The newer one, or the 70's one? The 70's was more psychological. As to the makers being "sick fucks" - eh. You say toe-may-toe and all that.

Sorry about the fiancee's use of the term. What a drag. ; (
February 11, 2009
The newer one. And I adamantly refuse to see the sequel.
ocelot
February 11, 2009
Keep refusing. It was on a "3 for $25" sale at the video store, so I picked it up - it was sooo bad, I returned it, and I like horror, even the schlocky gross kind.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login