Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Neediness drives mom Nadya Suleman’s quest for more babies

Posted by catmeow 
Neediness drives mom Nadya Suleman’s quest for more babies
February 10, 2009
For those of us who can't get enough of Octopussy!

Neediness drives mom Nadya Suleman’s quest for more babies / By Margery Eagan / Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Let’s be hopeful today. Let’s hope Nadya Suleman, mother of six, plus newborn octuplets, has sparked so much cultural revulsion that we’re witnessing the beginning of the end of baby mama love.

“I longed for certain connections and attachments with another person that I lacked growing up,” she said yesterday in a TV interview filled with declarations of what Nadya “longed for” and Nadya “wanted.”

It was but a variation on the reason given by thousands of teen-age girls and young women who give birth to babies they can’t take care of: I longed for someone to love me.

Nadya Suleman is that needy girl times 14.

And her mother, Angela, like exhausted grandmothers all around America, is left to rescue the fatherless, penniless kids. She has two cribs in her bedroom, two more down the hall, bunk beds in a third room. There are mountains of clothes piled everywhere and food on the walls. Angela Suleman says she has no idea where, in her modest three-bedroom, cribs for eight more will go. “She has no way to support them. It’s very difficult to cope with all this,” she said.

“To what degree is this too much about you and not enough about them?” reporter Ann Curry asked Suleman in an interview begun on the “Today” show yesterday and continuing tonight on “Dateline NBC.” Isn’t this, said Curry, “completely irresponsible and selfish?”

You watch Suleman for 30 seconds. You can answer for her: Yes.

You keep watching. You see this pretty, sweet-voiced, seemingly rational yet oddly calm woman in a maternity shirt. She declares that she can do the impossible (care for all these kids). Then in the next breath she admits how she’s repeatedly projected “her own wants and wishes” onto her children but was “so fixated and focused” on having more. “I just kept going (thinking) God will provide.”

Meanwhile, in the neonatal intensive care unit, NBC cameras revealed babies the size of their mother’s palm with tubes down their throats, wires on their chests, loose and wrinkled red skin where baby fat should be. Imagining their perilous futures made me cringe - and not just because they’re so physically needy.

Short of a miracle, they’re headed for neglect, just like many millions of babies born every day to unequipped mothers.

“Nadya really has no idea,” her mother Angela said, “what she’s doing to her children, and to me.”

Article URL: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1151161 (has photo of moowhore and comments)

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
catmeow
Let’s be hopeful today. Let’s hope Nadya Suleman, mother of six, plus newborn octuplets, has sparked so much cultural revulsion that we’re witnessing the beginning of the end of baby mama love.

Oh dear God, let it be so.
Re: Neediness drives mom Nadya Suleman’s quest for more babies
February 10, 2009
Not my quote, Haha, but something I definitely could have said myself.

I want to witness the end of forced baby mama support from those of us who work and pay taxes. I say bring back the places where the baby mamas stayed together before they got their Section 8 certificates and ruined entire neighborhoods.

I want cultural revulsion to baby bumps.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
February 11, 2009
I don't think child worship will never end because it's not about the child....
Apparently Octomoo is done having kids (AP):

LOS ANGELES - The Southern California mother of octuplets who already had six other children says she's done having babies.

In an NBC Dateline interview aired Tuesday night, 33-year-old Nadya Suleman says the octuplets were a sign from God that she should stop having children.

Suleman also says she dreams of going back to her old life, before she had the octuplets on Jan. 26 and endured a firestorm of criticism and media frenzy.

Divorced and unemployed, Suleman told anchor Ann Curry that she still intends to go back to school and finish her master's degree.

Suleman says she'll support her children with student loans until she can find a job as a counsellor after graduating in a year or two.

I am glad that she had the octuplets. See, I can lie too!
February 11, 2009
The babies HAVE to all die NOW. So they'll be in a better place.=P

And the sick moocow HAS to discover herself sterile for the rest of her life. If she goes begging to another doctor to pop more batch of fresh baybee meat into her oven, jail will be her new home!eye rolling smiley
February 11, 2009
I always like the part where God conveniently comes in. God meant for babies to be conceived the traditional way, not with a syringe, petri dish and synthetic hormones. People like her will manipulate anything around them to explain away any problems that come up.

She's delusional and I really hope she doesn't wind up with PPD, because those kids have suffered enough.
February 11, 2009
cherryice

She's delusional and I really hope she doesn't wind up with PPD, because those kids have suffered enough.

Honey, she will HAVE to have some kind of meltdown to stay in the spotlight.
February 11, 2009
What the hell is this, support the bastards with student loans??? Isn't that fraud???

p.s.: and she'll never finish school...

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.

Believe it or not, as much as she moo with baybeemsickens me, I'm kinda glad she is around because it is something like this that can possibly change cultural view and turn things around and have the pendulum start swinging the other way and stop this child obsessed world we have been in for the last 10-15 years or so.

At least people are taking a 2nd look at Fertility Moos, people who can't afford shit poppin' 'em out, and people's motivation for having brats--it is all about them 90% of the time.eye rolling smiley

Most of my former friends are that way, something lacking in them trying to solve those problems w/ brats. They don't want to find & work on luv with the people already here on earth, they have to create them to find love and that alone I find incredibly sad. Then, they push former friends out of their lives w/ brat obsession, so in the end, they are even more alone and loveless. Left to grunt work and kyddie-love which is really a type of dependence.:crz
February 11, 2009
we do need another octomoo, or a nonamoo, just to drive it deeper

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 11, 2009
Needyness drives Octomoo to have babies....WHHHHHAAAA??? Gee? Ya think?

I didn't notice, was that article penned by Professor Obvious?

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
February 11, 2009
That Boston Herald article is beautifully written and as cutting as it should be. Although the word 'neediness' makes her sound like some kind of victim, which she clearly is not. And the mere suggestion that "oooh but she just wantsta be luuuuved!" makes me lose chunks of enamel off my grinding teeth. Wantsta be loved, my ass. Wantsta be rich, wantsta be famous, more like. Wantsta be stabbed through her cold black evil heart with eight big diaper pins, that's what.

As for:

LOS ANGELES - The Southern California mother of octuplets who already had six other children says she's done having babies.

In an NBC Dateline interview aired Tuesday night, 33-year-old Nadya Suleman says the octuplets were a sign from God that she should stop having children.

Suleman also says she dreams of going back to her old life, before she had the octuplets on Jan. 26 and endured a firestorm of criticism and media frenzy.

Divorced and unemployed, Suleman told anchor Ann Curry that she still intends to go back to school and finish her master's degree.

Suleman says she'll support her children with student loans until she can find a job as a counsellor after graduating in a year or two.

This disgusting cow will say anything -- anything -- to try to convert her unexpectedly nasty villainous reputation into something from which she can profit. She is increasingly desperate.

"Look! Look everyone! If you don't like my babies, I promise I won't have any more of them! Yeah! So, um, God, then. Yeah, God. Need to talk about God a lot to try to appeal to the family-obsessed Bible Belters. And I wanna go back to my old life, yeah! My old life before the octuplets and my grand get-rich-quick-scheme. Oh I don't mean to say I don't looooove my eight babies. Or my six babies. I love my eight and six babies more than life itself! Yeah! But see, like, I made this mistake by, um, ya know, the whole thing about the eight fetuses and all that stuff. Bad. Bad stuff. I mean I looooove my eight babies, but the eight implants well they were a huge mistake. So um, I'm going to reapply for another student loan which I can just spend on anything, food and shopping and diapers and stuff, just like I did the last student loans I took out. Hang on, no I didn't mean to say that. Anyways, so look what a Mom I am now! Isn't it just crazy, all you Moms out there??!!!"

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
February 11, 2009
"Finish her Master's Degree." Right.
Even Stern was saying there is NO JOB that she will ever be able to get that could support 14 fricking kids. Maybe if she became a famous movie star or something, but that is not going to happen. hitting over the head with a hammer
CF Uter
Maybe if she became a famous movie star or something, but that is not going to happen. hitting over the head with a hammer

Well, maybe she can become famous like Jenna Jameson. She can certainly take the largest members into that vagina.

Oh, wait...that would only work if people wanted to see her naked.

Oh dear word, I hope Larry Flynt isn't reading this.
February 11, 2009
CF Uter
They don't want to find & work on luv with the people already here on earth, they have to create them to find love and that alone I find incredibly sad. Then, they push former friends out of their lives w/ brat obsession, so in the end, they are even more alone and loveless.

So very true, CF Uter.

"Finish her Master's Degree." Right.

Oh yeah. And a Ph.D., too.
February 11, 2009
Who's she kidding "with student loans"? We all know she's a welfare whore!

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login