Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cutest small pets in the UK

Posted by mercurior 
cutest small pets in the UK
February 14, 2009
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/uknews/4540696/The-cutest-small-pets-in-Britain.html

Cute – adj. 1. endearingly pretty. 2. (N. Amer. informal) clever; shrewd. This, especially the former, was what we were looking for when, two weeks ago, The Sunday Telegraph invited readers to email pictures of their small pets to contest the title The Cutest Small Pet in Britain.

And we have found our winner: he is eight months’ old, can officially be referred to as a “Dumbo”, and has Russian blood running through his veins.

With the help of Dr Roger Mugford BSc PhD and his colleague Rosie Scott from The Animal Behaviour Centre, in Chertsey, Surrey, we can announce that Vinny, a Russian Silver rat owned by Emma Sims from Wickford in Essex, is our Cutest Small Pet in Britain. Dr Mugford described Vinny as “straight out of Beatrix Potter, beautifully sculptured ears, well-kept fingernails, a glossy coat... and a clever little varmint”. It is the position of the ears on his head that makes Vinny a “Dumbo” – he was a definitive winner

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
Re: cutest small pets in the UK
February 14, 2009
As a former rat owner (or better put, companion to some ratty friends), all I can say is squeeeeeeeee!!!

*Head explodes from cuteness*
Anonymous User
February 15, 2009
AAAAAWWWWWW how gorgeous. I'm a hugeee rat lover..they make fanastic pets, have owned them for years, they are amazingly friendly, fun and intelligent. Recently a couple of my girls had to be put down due to terminal illnesses and I'm still sooooooo upset about it. Cried for hours! On the last night before she had to be put to sleep, my sweet siamese dumbo girl slept on my shoulder then curled up beside me for hours, I was lying on my front, and she curled up and slept at the back of my neck.
February 15, 2009
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthpicturegalleries/4614274/Animal-pictures-of-the-week-13-February-2009.html?image=22

some more animals

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 15, 2009
OH GAWD, look at that FACE! 'Nuther certified rat lover here... I used to have many, including a blue named Bobina. They really are kick ass pets.

Awww, Star...you brought back lovely memories. I had one that loved to sleep on my pillow next to my head. He'd flatten all the way out and grind his little toofies 'til he fell asleep. I love the grinding tooth rat-purr and miss having them. Hubby is allergic, dammit. Now it's birdies for me. If hubby becomes allergic to them, I'm gonna have to get rid of hubby...

Thanks for sharing. You know, I wouldn't mind going to a rat show. I should find one... That and a bird fair. I've avoided those kinds of things lately because I can't bring home any more pets. Pooh.
February 15, 2009
http://www.nfrs.org/about.html for those ratties

it could be a siberian hamster

February 15, 2009
As another former rat owner, I can only say....awwwwww! Vinny is a little puffball of CUTENESS!
February 16, 2009
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1146300/The-white-bite-Meet-blue-eyed-alligator-stands-like-sore-thumb.html

not so cute and not so british. but a white alligator

'These are not albino animals, they are what we call leucistic, which means they have a little bit of pigmentation around the mouth and a 'little touch on the tail and they have piercing blue eyes.'

Leucistic animals have rare genetic condition that reduces the colour pigmentation in their skin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login