Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wasteful slobs

Posted by Ranter 
Ranter
Wasteful slobs
May 05, 2006
Glad to hear that wasteful slobs are getting their asses kicked out of restaurants! drinking coffee
KidFreeLuvnLife
Re: Wasteful slobs
May 05, 2006
Good for them! I've noticed that Oriental restaurant owners do not take any shit from patrons - PERIOD. They tell you to leave and that's it. I applaud that. Too bad American restaurant owners and managers don't have the same big set of balls.

Some years ago I was having lunch at a Chinese joint and a breeder SAHMoo with 3 sprogs met the working wallet for lunch. The kids ran around, threw silverware and acted horribly. The owner came over and told them to get out and not come back. And he was not nice about it.
CF VTer
May 05, 2006
Very nice. smiling smiley

Still looking for that "all you can drink" bar...

Latrodectra
May 05, 2006
^^
Me too! grinning smiley

There's alot of all you can eat restruants around here that will charge people if they take a bunch of food they don't eat.

The reason for wasting all that food is stupid. What's wrong with giving the kids very small portions if items to see what they would like or better yet let them try some off the parents plate first.
Ranter
May 05, 2006
Latrodectra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ^^
> Me too!
>
> There's alot of all you can eat restruants around
> here that will charge people if they take a bunch
> of food they don't eat.
>
> The reason for wasting all that food is stupid.
> What's wrong with giving the kids very small
> portions if items to see what they would like or
> better yet let them try some off the parents plate
> first.

That's what my parents did when myself and my siblings were young.
Anonymous User
May 05, 2006
Hmmm...I wish that my former favorite Chines restaurant was like this. We had to stop going there, because it was breeder hell, and they always seemed to seat us next to the worst tables. I suppose this was to help the server make up for the lack of tip from the Breedersons, but I always asked to move. It got to be more trouble than it was worth, so we stopped going in there. I guess it never occurred to them that the breeders were driving away the GOOD customers.

But I digress. Wasting food just pisses me off to no end. I grew up in a home with not much money, and had to eat what was put in front of me, or starve. There was none of this *oh, you know how kids are* sort of bullshit.

Good for that owner for kicking these assholes out! Why should the restaurant have to cater to these losers, and, even worse, why should the cost of this wastefulness be passed on to legitimate customers?
May 05, 2006
Once I went to a Chinese buffet and there were awful sprogs putting their hands into the food and tasting it and putting it back in. I was so disgusted, I wanted to throw up. We never went back again, and I think that restaurant is closed now.
May 05, 2006
Catmommy9, my grandfather had the same attitude toward his children. Money in the family wasn't exactly bursting out of every orifice, so my mother and her four siblings learned to eat what was put on their plates and be grateful for it. And my grandfather forced his kids to sit at the table until they cleaned their plates, even if it took all night.

I see nothing wrong with leaving a couple bites of food on one's plate, but to take only a couple bites out of a heaping dish of food and throwing the rest away irritates me. Kudos to that restaurant owner for telling those fuckwits how it is. It's funny how Moos and Duhs think it's perfectly fine for their sproggen to throw away food when Moo and Duh aren't the ones who made it. Apparently to breeders, everyone else's efforts mean shit.
Sherz
May 06, 2006
I was raised the same way. We were taught to be grateful for the food we had. I know there are very few picky eaters in poor homes. The "you know how kids are" excuse sickens me. Kids "are" how the idiot parunts allow them to be. I lived in a rural area growing up, without a lot of restaurants, but when my brother and I did get to go to one with our parents, it was a privledge. If we had acted in public the way many kids do now, our little butts would have been burning!
Dorine
May 07, 2006
We were not allowed to waste food under any circumstances. Mother and father were insistent that we eat everything that we took, and considering our modest means, we were grateful for the food.

Kids today have it far too easy and have no responsibilities. The state authorities consider it child abuse if you make the brats do the dishes or other simple chores. Maybe we should go back to the days when I had to feed the chickens and fight them to get the eggs out of the chickenhouse every morning. I can see the news story on the 10:00 news broadcast if you tried that today.
Sherz
May 07, 2006
Ahhhh, chickens! I have a scar on the top of my right foot from a vicious rooster peck. I actually used to love taking care of the chickens when I was a kid. I never remembered feeling put upon helping out around the house either. It was expected, and all of my friends had responsibilities in their homes. I certainly didn't feel like I was a victim of child labor like kids do now! Now I'm stuck in suburbia, but I have mad skills when it comes to gardening, cooking, and other domestic skills. When I would lead discussions with my students, during social studies, about their responsibilities in the community, at school and at home. I was always amazed by the brats that would brag about how they don't have to do anything at home. Housework, including keeping their room clean, is their parent's responsibility. Their reason for feeling this way? It was their parent's choice to have them, now it's their parent's responsibility to take care of everything. I know parents who allow that theory to guilt them into doing everything for their child. When this generation grows up many of them are going to be clueless as to how to take care of themselves. Since most people are popping out their first sprogs at 40, it will be rather comical watching these adult children flounder through adulthood once their ancient parents (who they won't take care of) are dead.
Ranter
May 07, 2006
Sherz Wrote:
> I was raised the same way. We were taught to be
> grateful for the food we had. I know there are
> very few picky eaters in poor homes. The "you
> know how kids are" excuse sickens me. Kids "are"
> how the idiot parunts allow them to be. I lived
> in a rural area growing up, without a lot of
> restaurants, but when my brother and I did get to
> go to one with our parents, it was a privledge.
> If we had acted in public the way many kids do
> now, our little butts would have been burning!

same here. Also I have noticed that a lot more farming kids are a lot more appreciative, do chores WITHOUT whining, unlike city kids.
Anonymous User
May 08, 2006
Ranter Wrote:
> same here. Also I have noticed that a lot more
> farming kids are a lot more appreciative, do
> chores WITHOUT whining, unlike city kids.

It's true, my mother came from a poor Swedish-immigrant farming family, so I was never EVER allowed to leave food. I had to eat everything on my plate or I couldn't leave the table. It wasn't so much of a problem though, because my mom cooked really good food (nothing frozen, all from scratch, no 'kid food'), which I guess is why I'm a complete foodie now.
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 08, 2006
Same here, my family scraped by and I can't tell you how many nights we had some creative concoction by mom, made by what was in the pantry. But we never went hungry! We ate it and were happy we had food. Not entitlement-minded brats of today. They want their own damned meals cooked.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.