Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1337 - Children in Restaraunts

Posted by Fattie 
Fattie
#1337 - Children in Restaraunts
May 06, 2006
I've actually seen well-behaved children before at an OLIVE GARDEN which is known for ill-behaved brats.
I was out to lunch with my mother last summer and a family of 4 came by with a 7-9 year old girl and a 2-4 year old boy (I suck at estimating ages). The hostess sat them at the table right near my mother and I. My mother and I look at eachother as if to say "Oh no!" We were pleasently surprised though. The kids were extremely well-behaved. They were pretty much quiet except when engaging in polite conversation with their parents.
I really wanted to go up to the parents and tell them what a joy it was to see children actually behaving but I bit my tounge just in case they would have taken it the wrong way. But I know that my parents enjoyed hearing from others on how well-behaved my brothers and I were as children. We actually behaved our asses at other people's places and in public spaces. However in our own home and in school we would drive a saint to drink!
sprogless
Re: #1337 - Children in Restaraunts
May 06, 2006
Off topic, yet relevant:
I was suckered into volunteering at the local elementary school, yesterday, and these kids were all well behaved! I couldn't believe it! They said please, thank you, and didn't scream at all. WOW!!! I've never seen anything like it. Why can't more kids be like these ones, were?
Exactly. We need more parents, the ones who are raising very well mannered and disiplined kids.
sprogless Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Off topic, yet relevant:
> I was suckered into volunteering at the local
> elementary school, yesterday, and these kids were
> all well behaved! I couldn't believe it! They said
> please, thank you, and didn't scream at all.
> WOW!!! I've never seen anything like it. Why can't
> more kids be like these ones, were?

Wow, sprogless, that could have been a horrifying experience depending on the area where the school is located. The school I student taught in was like that--full of really nice rescpectful kids, with normal parents. The school I'm at now is located in the downtown area of the suburb I live in. It is a weird combination of low income stripper, prostitute, and drug dealer's children mixed with the children living in McMansions! This leads to a lot of conflict.

Glad your experience was positive!

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.