Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1341 Celine

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
1341 Celine
May 08, 2006
As a Canadian, let me be the first to offer my apologies for producing her.
Sherz
Re: 1341 Celine
May 08, 2006
You're forgiven! As an American, I'll offer my apologies for Britney Spears, Tom Cruise, and all the others we rant about! Celine is the cheesiest human being I've ever seen.
Anonymous User
May 08, 2006
I swear, not all Canadian celebrities are annoying, just the ones we send to the States, like Celine, Avril Lavigne, William Shatner, Pamela Anderson. You can keep 'em, especially Pam because of what she said of the seal hunt. < rant> Yes, Pam, seals get clubbed. They get clubbed to keep the seal population down and the fish population up (hey, what's the economy based on out East? Fish!), and they provide seasonal work, food, and trade goods for one of the poorest Canadian provinces. Screw the seals, save the Newfies! Oh, and Pam? Don't go to the Junos in HALIFAX and slur the seal hunt. You aren't even a Canadian citizen anymore! She should be clubbed, you'd get good money for the silicone.< /rant>

*pant* *pant* Okay, got that out.
Hey, at least we share some of our comedians.
May 08, 2006
Us Americans have that vapid Nancy Kerrigan who got to cry all of the crocodile tears whan that Tonya Harding had her attacked. After the publicity and the sympahty for the All American Girl, Kerrigan was rude to people during a Disney stint which paid her well and was to get her good PR. Nancy also married her older manager, who was MARRIED at the time they decided to get it on. I guess this guy figured he could get more mileage out of a new trophy wife with celeb status as well as money. America's "honey" also bred with this man. All this talk of American Family Values...
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 08, 2006
Nick Gilder is Canadian, I think. I've always liked him.
Anonymous User
May 08, 2006
Celine Dion...GACK! Remember that stupid project she did with the equally gack-worthy Anne Geddes? (Geddes is a photographer who takes those pictures of loaves in stupid little flower costumes and shit like that) There was a CD, a book, a calendar, etc.

I heard on the radio the other day that there was some theater in Las Vegas that was built just for Celine to perform in. I guess no one gives a shit about her anymore, so now they are giving it to Cher.

I'm not the world's biggest Cher fan, but she's a sure sight better than Celine. Let her go home to her test-tube loaf and her geriatric husband, so we don't have to hera about her any more!
May 08, 2006
oh sealion dying. dislike her intensely

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 08, 2006
Anytime I've seen Celine in any kind of interview, she always had a subliminal tone of "I was such a victim until I became famous." How she was from a poor famblee, they had nothing, bla bla bla. Cry me a river.
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 08, 2006
And that grandfatherly husband she is married to is enough to make me puke.

Picture him naked............. E U
Ranter
May 08, 2006
Cry me a river, too. Her hubby is so disgusting. two faces puking
Sherz
May 08, 2006
Ewwwww, Catmommy, I remember seeing the Anne Geddes crap on Oprah when she was interviewing Celine. I could stomach her sappy crap for only a few minutes before changing the channel to Judge Judy. Now, there's a woman who can tear a bad kid a new ass!
sprogless
May 08, 2006
After she had her loaf, she was interviewed in some mag (don't remember which one) and said that the kid screams whenever she sings to it. Hee Hee, even her kid hates her music!
Feh
May 08, 2006
Okay, I must stand up for Shatner. I love him! He has made a very successful career out of simply being himself, and I think that's awesome. He's strange and hilarious and his last album "Has Been" with Ben Folds is quite good.
Anonymous User
May 08, 2006
Feh: hell yes I love William Shatner. He is funny as hell. He also is a horse lover. Celine bite me, you truly suck, I don't give a hoot and a hollar if you have so much more money then me either. At least my parents aren't breeders that squeezed out 13 brats. I am an only and
I love it!!

-
"Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you!"
-Bumper sticker
May 08, 2006
Ugh. I can't stand her.

Yeah, her husband was married when he mortgaged his house for her and he later left his wife and married her. But I read something somewhere that alluded to his *ahem* gambling addiction. I wonder how much of her 100 million is going to be left between him and how they spend money.

She's so icky when it comes to her kid...calls him the Petite Prince and other gag-worthy shit. And the "he'll tell me to cut his hair when he's ready..." it's a wonder he ever got toilet trained. Some nanny probably did it for them because those two are too stupid to figure it out.
Anonymous User
May 08, 2006
Okay, okay, old-skool Shatner is pretty awesome, but now that he's just in annoying ads? Ack.
CF Scorpio
May 09, 2006
Lady Cooper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I swear, not all Canadian celebrities are
> annoying, just the ones we send to the States,
> like Celine, Avril Lavigne, William Shatner,
> Pamela Anderson. You can keep 'em, especially Pam
> because of what she said of the seal hunt. <
> rant> Yes, Pam, seals get clubbed. They get
> clubbed to keep the seal population down and the
> fish population up (hey, what's the economy based
> on out East? Fish!), and they provide seasonal
> work, food, and trade goods for one of the poorest
> Canadian provinces. Screw the seals, save the
> Newfies! Oh, and Pam? Don't go to the Junos in
> HALIFAX and slur the seal hunt. You aren't even a
> Canadian citizen anymore! She should be clubbed,
> you'd get good money for the silicone.<
> /rant>
>
> *pant* *pant* Okay, got that out.
> Hey, at least we share some of our comedians.
>

Wow...I've never actually heard anyone defend the clubbing of baby harp seals before. That's certainly not something most people here in the U.S. approve of. As much as I hate Pamela Anderson, I'm going to have to agree with her on this one.

And as far as those seal hunters losing their jobs? Oh well. I bet the end of WWII and the liberating of the concentration camps put a lot of camp guards out of work. Maybe we should bring back concentration camps because they create jobs!

Anonymous User
May 09, 2006
CF Scorpio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lady Cooper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> Wow...I've never actually heard anyone defend the
> clubbing of baby harp seals before. That's
> certainly not something most people here in the
> U.S. approve of. As much as I hate Pamela
> Anderson, I'm going to have to agree with her on
> this one.
>
> And as far as those seal hunters losing their
> jobs? Oh well. I bet the end of WWII and the
> liberating of the concentration camps put a lot of
> camp guards out of work. Maybe we should bring
> back concentration camps because they create
> jobs!

First of all, the reason Americans (and some western Canadians) don't approve of the seal hunt is that they don't live in Eastern Canada and aren't affected by it, and they have no clue what it's like.

Secondly, Nazi Germany was not financially supported by the Holocaust, and I'm pretty offended to you calling the poor in Newfoundland Nazis. As well, the majority of seals killed nowadays are adults, killed mostly for food and to keep the economy from completely imploding. The poverty out East is often parallel to conditions on Aboriginal reserves, and any Canadian worth their salt can tell you how awful the Third World conditions are like there.

Then idiot celebrities like Pam or Sir Paul, who have never known need, hunger, and the desperation of what living in Newfoundland and Labrador is like, go crawling around on the ice floes making asses of themselves, because, oh boo hoo, animals get killed for food and to keep their population under control.

Population control! That's the main reason for the seal hunt, it keeps the seal population at normal levels and keeps them from completely depleting the already badly damamged fish stocks. As well, in the Canadian province with the some of the highest unemployment and lowest quality of life, it's actual work! Hey! Food on the table and not having to be homeless in the Canadian winter. Yup, major Nazis there. Not wanting to pull up the stakes and move out to Ft. Mac where us Albertans can spit on them and their culture makes those damn Newfies even more evil!

Before you bash a part of Canadian culture, you should probably learn about Canada first.
Vanilla Wasteland
May 12, 2006
Scorpio and LC. Both your postings brought home very important points to me. As I am a vegetarian and I realize the cost of raising farm animals and overfishing is doing to mother earth, I decided long ago that I wouldn't eat meat anymore. But, I also realize that it was impossible for people of the far north to subsist on vegetable and grains in the past for obvious reasons (short to zero growing seasons, etc, very little in ways of transporting goods.) Yes, it most definitely is cruel to kill animals for our consumption. When I look at the bigger picture, I realize that if everyone stopped eating fish and meat, then we could pretty abolish hunger in the world and wouldn't have to argue points of seal killing anymore. There wouldn't be a need and fish populations would have a chance to make a come back from depleted levels. It's my belief that mother nature would have a chance to regenerate. All of these problems are caused by overconsumption....something I think that most childfree are very much aware of.
Nour
May 12, 2006
Great points, Vanilla. Also, consider how some of these animals live before they are slaughtered. The pain of their existence is worst than their deaths. They are overweight from overfeeding and hormones, made to live in filthy conditions and cramped quarters and every natural instinct is prevented. For example, chickens love to peck around using their beaks, but they are filed down/cut to prevent them from killing each other in their awful conditions. They live a very ordered existence. Imagine being stuck in an elevator with 12 other people. Now imagine it tilted and think about shitting all over each other. This is how many chickens live. A chicken lives an average of 13 years naturally. Guess how long a chicken lives that is going to be slaughtered for food? Four months!
I won't go into what to happens to calves that become veal.

A great book to read on this subject is "Diet For a New America" by John Robbins.
Nour
May 12, 2006
Also, chickens are really beautiful creatures. I went to school at California State University, Sacramento, where chickens lived on the campus naturally. (They weren't used for any study purposes, although may may have been at one time). They were allowed to live as they naturally would, and they became a fixture on campus. They are such proud creatures with lovely plumage. It is so sad what happens to most chickens raised for consumption.

My question is what happens to people when they put this food into their bodies? Do they become full of rage, in addition to developing health problems? The Buddha allegedly said, "Don't eat meat unless you HAVE to."

When my brother and I were older teens, he had a job at a chickens plant. He wasn't around where the chicken were kept, but was in the plant where they cut up the parts of the chickens. That was enough for him. To this day, he can't eat chicken. (And he used to love good southern-style fried chicken.)
Vanilla Wasteland
May 12, 2006

Nour- good information. Yes, chickens are beautiful creatures and treated soo horribly, as are cows, pigs, etc. A great film to see regarding all of what you mentioned and the general depletion/pollution of the planet, etc. is called BARAKA. If you can get passed the horrible debeaking that is shown quite graphically, the film is worth it. Beautifully photographed all over the world (no speaking parts, just drums and music)it's quite intense. If I had my druthers, every teenager would be required to see this film in high school.

KidFreeLuvnLife
May 16, 2006
Specifically why I do not eat flesh of any kind. I don't like the taste, it's bad for you, and some animal gave it's life to be eaten.

The animal lover that I am, I cannot even walk through the meat department at the grocery store without thinking of the horrible deaths these animals faced. I've seen way too many undercover videos of how the animals are beaten and torchured before they are killed.
May 17, 2006
The meat aisle makes me ill too, though I'm not quite a vegetarian yet. I'm working on it.
continuing the drift.......
May 18, 2006
This topic has morphed out into another, but on the way home from work I had the misfortune to ride past a whole truckful of chickens no doubt on the way to the slaughterhouse. They were in pens about as big as a shoebox. It made me want to cry.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.