Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teacher Accused of Making Kid Eat From Trash

Posted by Rose Red 
March 18, 2009
I don't know what to think about this....

Last Update: 9:50 am

Teacher Accused of Making Kid Eat From Trash (Associated Press) A kindergarten teacher in Connecticut has been arrested for allegedly forcing a 5-year-old boy to eat food the child had thrown in a garbage can.

Sixty-seven-year-old Anne O'Donnell, a teacher at Park City Magnet School in Bridgeport, was arrested Tuesday on a charge of risk of injury to a minor.

School officials say the charge stems from an incident last week when the boy apparently tossed out his lunch of chicken nuggets and a banana from the school cafeteria.

The teacher is accused of retrieving the items from the garbage can and forcing the boy to eat them in front of her. O'Donnell has been released on a promise to appear in court.
Re: Teacher Accused of Making Kid Eat From Trash
March 18, 2009
There is horrendous food waste at schools, so much so that I sometimes wish I could be in charge of setting up compost piles (adjunct to school gardens) at local schools, with a system of "meat & paper & plastic" trash cans and "vegetable" trash cans.

That said, the teacher was completely out of line. Who knows what ick was in that can...someone's spit-contaminated Twinkie half, scum from last week's trash, half-eaten food from the kid with strep, moldy stuff the lunch ladies tossed. All sorts of pathogens, likely. She should be severely reprimanded, and if it happens again, fired.
March 18, 2009
Would the kid have really noticed any difference anyway??

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
School trash is disgusting. That teacher should be fired. If she was worried about waste, why not make the child help clean up the lunchroom or something?
March 18, 2009
Trash bins are empty and clean before each lunch hour. By rule. The bin might have had some paper placemats, napkins, a few fresh bits of other kids' crusts and apple cores in it. This kid is 'being funny' with his friends, getting a (taxpayer funded I bet, so free) lunch, hah-hah-hahing and all the rest of it, tosses the lunch into the air and into the bin.

Hell yes I would have made that little fucker pick it out and eat it. If the kid tossed his food on the floor, I would have made him get down on his knees and suck it up off the tile. It's not about the food, per se, it's the disregard and disrespect with which he is treating the products of other people's labour. Think of the poor lunch ladies, and how they felt when they saw this little turd of a kid behave like that.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
March 18, 2009
If he doesn't want the food, why should he eat it? We throw away food we don't want all the time.

The teacher should have warned the kid he wouldn't get anything to eat next time if he does it again instead of humiliating him in such a hateful way in front of the class.=P
Good. Hopefully Bratley will learn not to waste good food like that, food provided FREE at taxpayer expense.
March 18, 2009
I think there's probably a whole lot more to this story. I don't think a teacher would do something like this without a pretty darn good reason. Of course that doesn't make it right.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
March 18, 2009
Usually I get upset at abuse but maybe the little brat will learn to eat what he is offered. Most of these little shits are on free lunch that others subsidise through their taxes...they're lucky there is anything to eat.
March 20, 2009
m4p
I think there's probably a whole lot more to this story. I don't think a teacher would do something like this without a pretty darn good reason. Of course that doesn't make it right.

good point.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login