Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Death Certificate for Abortions Bill Fails

Posted by clematis 
Death Certificate for Abortions Bill Fails
March 18, 2009
from here:

NASHVILLE - Legislation that would require death certificates be issued for abortions performed in Tennessee has likely failed this session.

The measure sponsored by Rep. Stacey Campfield, a Knoxville Republican, was withdrawn from consideration in the House Health Care Facilities Subcommittee on Wednesday. The companion bill has stalled in the Senate Judiciary Committee since last month.

Currently, each induced termination of pregnancy in Tennessee must be reported to the office of vital records.

Also withdrawn from consideration in the subcommittee was a bill requiring stillborn deaths to be placed in vital records and legislation that would define "inception of human life" to mean "the moment of conception."

More details as they develop online and in Thursday's News Sentinel.
Re: Death Certificate for Abortions Bill Fails
March 18, 2009
Jeezus Kee-rist. It's a fucking clump of cells. Give it up! This shit just makes me want to barf!
March 19, 2009
MerlynHerne
Jeezus Kee-rist. It's a fucking clump of cells. Give it up! This shit just makes me want to barf!

This is more about controlling the women rather than having a death registry for aborted babies. There are probably many women who would feel some sort of stigma to aborting if she had to get a death certificate after the abortion. The pro-lifers are sneaky and resort to any tactic. If laws cannot make a woman breed, the attitude is to use social pressures.
March 19, 2009
well some of you know my humour, how about those cf who celebrate the abortions getting a fake certificate in a frame, maybe we can make a market for them..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
March 19, 2009
Muslimah

This is more about controlling the women rather than having a death registry for aborted babies. There are probably many women who would feel some sort of stigma to aborting if she had to get a death certificate after the abortion. The pro-lifers are sneaky and resort to any tactic. If laws cannot make a woman breed, the attitude is to use social pressures.

I agree wholeheartedly Thank you
March 19, 2009
Get over it already. Jesus Christ on a fucking cracker.

Why in hell can't people get over the fact that just because knocked up, not every woman wants to give birth to that baybee?????

If it's so hard to comprehend, then just drop it. Go get another hobby. Hop off the abortion bus and onto another bus with an interest more fitting to you. I hate this shit of people trying to make rules for everybody else.
March 19, 2009
This is another example of how the Religious RIght tries to inject its views into legislation every chance it gets.

I am reading a book by Congresswoman Diana DeGette (D-Colorado) titled, "Sex, Science, and Stem Cells" about how the Religious Right tries to do this all the time. Congresswoman DeGette is continuously amazed at how often she encountered this while she was in the Colorado legislature and in the U.S. House (since 1997). She would encounter this even on common-sense legislation which she thought would never have drawn the attention of the Religious Right.

The book's subtitle is "Inside the Right Wing Assault on Reason", borrowing a line from the title of Al Gore's book about the Right Wing nutjobs. It's a good book, mostly, except for the chapter about one of her own kids who turned out to be a diabetic. That chapter bored me so I skipped it in favor of the more political stuff (for this political junkie).

"I thank god I'm an atheist!" -- Mike "Meathead" Stivic (from All in the Family)
March 19, 2009
Yep, Muslimah nailed it as far as this is a gambit to try and control women's reproductive rights by social pressures if not by laws...but issuing a death certificate is something I find particularly repugnant and cruel. Shame on whomever suggested it.
Anonymous User
March 19, 2009
Pro-lifers (pro-not using your brain) are horrendously stupid in their arguments. Most of them don't know the intricacies of development to even merit them having an opinion. I ran in to some pro-lifer that thought that Plan B "killed" a baby... Last time I checked implantation doesn't always occur under natural conditions. I'm not sure how a zygote can be considered a baby.

Are they going to start terrorizing people who have miscarriages too? "OMG UR BODIE KILLED A BAYBEEEEE!!!" There is a reason the body will spontaneously abort. It's completely natural.

"It isn't natural to kill your own young" I've heard this cute little argument. Many types of animals (hamsters, fish, etc) will eat their young if they feel unable to care for their young due to lack of resources and other things. Many fish regularly expel eggs to eat them due to their nutritional value... There is nothing I despise more than an ignorant person trying to shove their values on others. hitting over the head with a hammer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login