Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ESSURE results confirmed today--Thank you US taxpayers!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Well, I just got back from the radiologist at the Naval Hospital where they just confirmed that the ESSURE worked and the tubes are indeed blocked--HOORAY and what a relief!! A BIG-ASS thank you US taxpayers for this! I truly appreciate it!

Now on to having even MORE un-interrupted fun in life, including a trip to London this summer with my husband and his family! YAY!
I've got to hand it to my husband, I'm glad he stood up for OUR rights as a child-free couple when his mom (who is sweet as pie, but can also be very insistent) suggested that we rent a house in London where she and his step-father, his brother and his wife and 3 1/2 year old daughter, and my husand and I could stay. We both said HELL NO to that one! Yeah, let's share a 3BR flat with a pre-schooler--what a vacation! eye rolling smiley

Instead, we've got a room at the Union Jack Club, which is a hotel for military and is only going to cost about $130/night, which is cheap for downtown London! I LOVED his e-mail to his family and I e-mailed back that I seconded his thoughts as well and that the room at the Union Jack club was already booked and paid for, so end of story. The best part? NO BINGOES from ANYONE, AND his brother totally respected our decision--HOORAY!! Not sure what hell we're going to get when we visit with the family in person over Passover, but we're sticking to our guns. We want, need, and DESERVE a child-free, adults-only hideaway! The thought of spending our hard-earned $$ and vacation time living in the same house with a kid who has NOT been taught how to BEHAVE when out in public would make me pull a Joan Crawford in a New York minute!! spanking with a whip on the ass Granted, they're still going to rent a house nearby the Union Jack Club, but at least my husband and I can come and go as we please and do whatever the hell we want!

E-mail message--gotta love it!:

Hello All,

We are flexible about the timing; however we’re set on staying at the Union Jack Club—or some other location that assures us of a continuous, adults-only enclave. We mean no offense to Miriam (and we definitely like spending time with her); however we want not to be beholden to her schedule nor “on call” for her attention during every night.
Congrats on your Essure working! And on the celebratory trip to London. . .wishing you a bratfree one, in all respects!
Re: ESSURE results confirmed today--Thank you US taxpayers!
March 20, 2009
have fun in london, (dont know if you have been before).

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Now this is something I surely don't mind spending my tax dollars on! :beer
March 20, 2009
Why didn't you have coverage, if I might ask? sorry if you explained before.
Congratulations, RA!

As a proud person of snippage myself, let me tell you the peace of mind is the best. No worries about contraception failure or accidents--just freedom and tranquility!
RoseRed: My coverage is through TriCare, which is a health insurance program for active duty and retired servicepeople in the United States.
I am an active duty servicewoman and am insured through TriCare, which is part of my benefits that you, if you are a tax-paying US Citizen or resident, pay for. I say thank you because through this health care insurance provided to active duty and retired servicemembers, we can afford sterilization procedures such as tubal ligations, vasectomies, and Essure without causing a further burden on the US tax payers in the form of a kid.

I just wish that TriCare would change its policy about not providing abortion services and allow abortion in a military hospital, as I saw what happens first-hand when you don't have reliable abortion facilities and are stationed overseas. One of my patients almost bled to death and was going into sepsis when she came into the hospital where I was stationed in Sicily in 2002 due to a botched abortion (uterine perforation x 5). Thanks Ronald Reagan! angry flipping off

Now if TriCare would STOP focusing so much on their maternity patients and focus their efforts on the soldiers and sailors FIRST, then it would REALLY level the playing field. Having served at now 3 military hospitals, it is UNBELIEVABLE how pregnant women are treated like queens, having their own individual, highly decorated "birthing suites" and "room service" style meal service, when I have seen countless soldiers and sailors coming back from Iraq with all kinds of parts missing (name the part, I've seen it blown and/or burnt off) and subjected to two people per not-so-nice room (you try sleeping when your roommate who had both legs blown off is having flashbacks to an Improvised Explosionary Device--IED--attack and wakes up in the middle of the night screaming--yes, I have seen this) and typical hospital-style food. I won't even go into how some of the elderly retirees are treated like second-class citizens compared to a maternity patient. If anything, THESE are the people who need to be treated like royalty, not some chick who got knocked up and happens to be the wife of a serviceman. This morning when I was going into the hospital for the follow-up hysterosalpingogram, I was APPALLED when I saw at least 10 "maternity" parking spaces close to the front door entrance of the parking lot and saw a frail, elderly man and his wife have to park quite far away from the entrance because all of the handicapped spaces were taken up. angry smiley To whoever came up with these "maternity" spaces, I say make 'em walk! Unless a pregnant woman has some weird medical condition that limits their activity (and why the hell would they become pregant then anyway), the exercise will do them good! Lord knows I saw enough heavy-set pregnant women when I (briefly) worked complicated obstetrics!
March 20, 2009
Thanks for the info. Srsly. and congrats.
CFinPDX
Now this is something I surely don't mind spending my tax dollars on! :beer

A-fuckin-men! Hell I'd donate more than required to the tax man if Essure was standard operating procedure for welfare payments.
March 20, 2009
Nice one, RA. Now you can get on with your life!

[offtopic]

I know the UJC very well -- not that I've ever been there, but the area around it is very familiar to me. Must apologise ahead of your visit for the unsightliness of the roads around there if you walk out and about from the hotel. It's round the back of Waterloo station, so as you can imagine the back end of a big old 19-platform railway station is not exactly scenic. There are a few key things right round there which really must be avoided (a bad housing project, a notorious gay sauna, a grocery store which lets its donuts mould on the shelves, a couple bars with dirty beer), and a few amazing hidden gems (one of the best cake shops in the universe, Kevin Spacey onstage and running the theatre about a block away, a couple working class residential streets which look exactly as they did when they were built in the mid-1800s, a charming old local neighbourhood pub which serves great food cheap!)...

Hang on a minute, we've just gone on Google's Street View this very week...

Go to google, then maps, then search for the Union Jack Club postcode, which is SE1 8UJ. Click onto 'Street View'. Have a look around!

[/offtopic]

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
March 20, 2009
Congrats to ya!:beer:bal
March 20, 2009
Congrats!!! Not exactly sure what Essure is, but I assume it's some type of sterlization technique. When I saw the subject line, I thought Essure was some kind of infant formula grinning smiley

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
Congrats! And my PLEASURE for helping you achieve a permanent CF status. I had it done years ago when it first came out, and I've been free ever since. Enjoy love, and enjoy your well-deserved CF vacation!!!! :beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login