Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another autistic-involved murder

Posted by Rose Red 
Another autistic-involved murder
March 20, 2009
Autistic teen Sky Walker not guilty in mother's death, lawyers say
Posted by Associated Press March 20, 2009 11:07AM

RAVENNA — Lawyers for an autistic teenager charged with murdering his mother have entered a not guilty plea on his behalf in Northeast Ohio.

Eighteen-year-old Sky Walker did not appear in Portage County Common Pleas Court in Ravenna for today's hearing.

His team of three defense attorneys and a lawyer who serves as his guardian entered the plea in the death of Kent State University politics professor Trudy Steuernagel.

His attorneys say Walker can't hold a conversation and thus can't understand the charges or help in his defense. A judge has ordered exams for competency and mental retardation.

The issue of Walker's competency to stand trial will be handled at a court hearing to be scheduled later.

Autism is a developmental disability that limits social interaction and communication skills.
Anonymous User
Re: Another autistic-involved murder
March 20, 2009
They named him Sky Walker? Really?
Anonymous User
March 20, 2009
Portiabella

Well............he apparently used the force on her.
Anonymous User
March 20, 2009
Portiabella

Maybe the parents had some developmental issues themselves...eye rolling smiley
Anonymous User
March 20, 2009
Officers sent to her home by co-workers concerned that she hadn't come to work found Walker cowering in the basement. He allegedly kicked a deputy in the head, and a not guilty plea also was entered on that assault charge.

......but he did not kick the de-pu-teeeeeeee................oh, sorry, he did.
DrDanCorelli
March 20, 2009
Like I said on another board, autism is the new get out of jail free card for every psychopathic brat. The breeders will try to avoid any responsibility by playing any card they can instead of owing up to being accessories to murder or other crimes, and they will find any shyster willing to use the autism defense to do it.
Anonymous User
March 20, 2009
In this case, it sounds like this guy is really severely damaged. It's insane enough trying to live with and control a crazy-as-hell brain-damaged child in a home environment.....but when they're 18 and fully grown, it obviously amounts to a risk to life itself.

Lawyers: Autistic teen not guilty in Ohio murder THOMAS J. SHEERAN The Associated Press RAVENNA, Ohio - Lawyers for an autistic teenager charged with the fatal beating of his mother entered a not guilty plea on his behalf Friday. Sky Walker, 18, who was disruptive at his first court hearing and was kept in a restraint chair and mask to keep him from spitting, did not appear in Portage County Common Pleas Court for the brief arraignment. His team of three defense attorneys and a lawyer who serves as his guardian entered the plea in the death of 60-year-old Gertrude "Trudy" Steuernagel. The longtime Kent State University political science professor was found beaten in her home in January and died a week later. Officers sent to her home by co-workers concerned that she hadn't come to work found Walker cowering in the basement. He allegedly kicked a deputy in the head, and a not guilty plea also was entered on that assault charge. Family members led by the victim's brother, Bill Steuernagel, sat together in court but didn't comment. Steuernagel said before the hearing began that the family was withholding comment until the case is resolved, at the request of attorneys. His attorneys say Walker can't hold a conversation and thus can't understand the charges or help in his defense. Judge John Enlow, who is handling the case, has ordered exams for competency and mental retardation. The issue of Walker's competency to stand trial will be handled at a court hearing to be scheduled later. Autism is a developmental disability that limits social interaction and communication skills, usually starting before age 3. Walker, for example, has trouble putting words together to express himself. A family friend said he uses words only in a way that his mother could easily interpret, such as saying "wheels on the bus" to indicate he was getting upset. Gian M. DeCaris, speaking for the defense team, said he couldn't comment in detail on the pending competency issue.
March 20, 2009
I hate mentals.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
March 20, 2009
Oh for fuck's sake. A violent spastic killed a university professor? Now I've heard everything.

"A family friend said he uses words only in a way that his mother could easily interpret, such as saying "wheels on the bus" to indicate he was getting upset." Oh that's alright then. He must be innocent of all charges if the university professor in question wasn't 'smart enough' to understand that he was saying he wasn't happy when he cornered her screaming "The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round" for 10 minutes before he bludgeoned the life out of her.

Give him the needle. Just give him the needle.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
March 20, 2009
It amazes me how much people are willing to do to defend these dangerous retards. Always 'not guilty' because he's autistic and doesn't know that killing someone is bad; that's very cute and all, but it doesn't change the fact that the fucktard murdered someone. And not one of his retard brethren, because that would have been a good thing and probably could be considered a spectator sport. He killed an innocent person who isn't a sped, and just because he doesn't potentially understand the impact of his crime doesn't mean he isn't guilty of one.

I say stick the fuck in a regular prison for a few years and see how he likes being raped for a while, and then smack him with the death penalty.

Maybe this is just me,but has anyone else noticed that retards and autistics are unusually strong? I hear stories of 90-pound schizophrenics and autistics being able to fight off 200-pound ER residents. I also hate people who are this mentally challenged because they always have been and always will be worthless and they are often dangerous. Wasn't there once a time when people took their retarded offspring and hid them away from public eye because they were ashamed of them? Why can't people still do that?
March 20, 2009
You know they won't cut his balls off...

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
March 20, 2009
Great! And what will happen if a judge decides that he isn't competent to stand trial? I do not care what anyone thinks--this is one spayshul snowflake that needs to be put away for the good of everyone around him and everyone who might be unfortunate enough to cross paths with him in the future. If they won't try him for murder then he needs to be locked up. End of story. Like Amethyst, I'd prefer he get the needle but if some bleeding heart judge decides he's incompetent to be tried then he should be permanently institutionalised.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login