Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Borders without Baybeez

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Borders without Baybeez
March 22, 2009
I love to read. I'm really into cooking, have been looking for a special book on Sushi, so when my dear friend suggested we peruse Borders Books, I was more than happy to do so. I love the set-up there. Nice, comfy couches and chairs. Quiet, relaxed atmosphere. It was peaceful. I picked a book "Sushi for Dummies" and decided to sit down & give it a review. So I sat down across a few other readers, chilled out, and paged through the book. No problem there. It remained quiet. Then I had to pee. (sorry about the TMI.)

So I go into the bathroom. The minute I walk in, there's that huge handicapped stall, and inside of it was one of those ridiculous baybee-changing stations. WHAT. THE. FUCK? While I can see a parent bringing their young (well-behaved) child to Borders to get them into reading, I wondered what the fuck a baybee would be doing in Borders. Really, can someone please tell me that? As far as I'm concerned, for the most part, loaves are nothing more than noisy nuisances. Most folks who go to Borders do so because they enjoy the fact that they can preview a book in peace & quiet before making the decision on a purchase. So why the hell would any asshole bring their squalling shitsack into a place that's noted for it's library-like atmosphere?

This topic may come off as trivial to some, but being an avid reader and also one who enjoys reading in PEACE AND QUIET, I was kind of pissed off at the thought of some thoughtless, selfish breeder lugging their baby into a place such as this. Now I didn't throw a fit or anything, I was just kind of pissed off at the whole idea. Is no place sacred?
Re: Borders without Baybeez
March 22, 2009
Sadly, this is why I do 99% of my shopping online.

I like our local Borders and Barnes & Noble too for the reasons you cited. But Heaven Forfend that some moomie is prohibited from bringing her snowflake into the store to run around while she sips her latte in the cafe area, and generally be a pain. I've also read on Customers Suck how older kids are terrible for ripping the wrappings off new anime novels and ruining them for resale--something that would have earned me a spanking and a grounding in my day, but what do I know. As a result, I usually only go to these bookstores around Christmas for a few last-minute gifts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login