Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You can't put that on your deck

Posted by annie35 
Re: You can't put that on your deck
March 23, 2009
Mexican food is of course one of the world's great cuisines along with Italian, Chinese, French, the various Indian regional cuisines, Spanish, Japanese...I could happily eat Mexican food for the rest of my life. We had one authentic Mexican restaurant here that recently closed unfortunately, but what a treat it was to go there. (Rhetorical question): Does the MIL have any inkling of the vast history and multifarious teachings of the two main branches of Buddhism? Has she ever visited a temple, meditated in one, read a book about B., or chatted with a monk? I can't imagine going through life and not be curious about new things and want to learn instead of childishly hiding photos of unfamiliar things...and were I you, I'd have a short fuse about anyone "censoring" my stuff or having the gall to move it around. NOT TO MENTION *INFORMING* me of what I can or cannot put on my own deck! So kudos for being the better person.
Anonymous User
March 23, 2009
Your MIL sounds like my mother, but in a little more concentrated form. You're a very good person for putting up with that garbage. I hope your Buddha fountain turns out great winking smiley
March 23, 2009
as one of the people i know, the fatman version or the female version.. wink.. journey to the west i love that series of books..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 23, 2009
I alwyays tell my MIL, that the mind is like a parachute, it only works when it is open.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
March 23, 2009
annie35
I have a Buddha statue in the guest room, and last time after she left, I went in to change the sheets and straighten up. I could not find the statue, she had taken it off of the shelf and put it under the bed. I am sure it did not fall, because the shelf is on the other side of the room.
I also have a picture of the big Buddha, in Hong Kong. I took the picture the last time I was there on business. I framed the picture and it is on the shelf in the entryway. Everytime she is at my house, it gets moved to where you can't see it. She moves it behind another picture.
I have no proof she is doing it, but she is only person who would be that freaked out by Buddha.
She moves stuff in SIL's house. I watched her move SIL's pictures so that the pictures of husband's family were behind pictures of our family.
She also does things that make me wonder if she isn't a bit on the side of having a low IQ. The last time we visited, some of BIL's family was visiting and they speak very little english. When they were leaving, I stood up , shook their hand and told them is was nice to meet them . I said it in Spanish. She told them Feliz Navidad, and smirked. She knows damn well that means Merry Christmas, she was trying to be mean and make them feel bad. She also refers to mexican food as trash. She says things in a back handed way, intending to insult and then acts stupid. She always calls tortillas, that flat bread you mexicans eat. Every person in the united states, knows what a tortilla is. Every time BIL fixes an authentic Mexican meal, she make a big deal about how he better not be feeding her cow tongue or any other poor food us Mexicans eat.
This woman is horrible and it offends my SIL and BIL. The woman is a constant source of amusement for me and my husband. She is so stupid, that you just want to see what she is going to do or say, because she is such a moron.
Her racism is so bad, and I figure both of her kids marrying people of Mexican decent is the universe giving it back to her.
The woman really thinks black people came from monkeys. She also thinks that if you have an excorcism, you will no longer be gay. The woman is very ignorant and not very bright. I stopped getting mad years ago, if I got mad everytime she did something or said something, I would always be mad. I am civil because she is the only mom my husband has and I am the bigger person.

Your relative reminds me of my great aunt. She told me that black people came from monkeys, but god made white people. And she hates everyone that isn't white. Stupid old shitbag. However, I think she's secretly a miserable old hag. Every man she's married she has divorced because they weren't good enough for her (I have a suspicion that they left her). She thinks that women should submit to their husbands and give them babies. Those who don't are amoral, defective sluts. She drinks all day long, and her head shakes uncontrollably because she's all neurologically fucked up from the alcohol. She's quite possibly one of the stupidest people I've ever had the displeasure of being around.
DrDanCorelli
March 23, 2009
I lucked out in the MIL department. Akiko is as cool as they come. She is not demanding and she gets along so well with my wife and mom that at times I am outvoted.

Annie, your MooInLaw would go batshit if she saw my collection of Anubis statues. I purchased them over the past 15 years, and all of them date back from at least the 18th dynasty.
March 23, 2009
Heh...she may damn well have an aneurysm if she saw my room. I have a pentacle charm hanging off my wall, and many pictures of a gay man over my bed, and dirty foreign language books in my laundry basket-turned-bookshelf.

Honestly annie, do you really need to allow the woman in your house? She seems to not want to be near your big ebil hot-tub and your big ebil statues...is there any reason she *needs* to come into your home and move your stuff around? Or can you just conveniently forget to invite her over and conveniently be in the shower or asleep if she drops by uninvited? confused smiley
Anonymous User
March 23, 2009
Out of curiosity Annie, what did you say to her when you screamed at her? What did your husband say?
March 24, 2009
annie35
She is telling ebveryone her life revolves around this baby and has started telling people what they can and can't do, if she thinks it pertains to this kid.

Eeeee .... doh face I don't know what your relationship is to the mother of the kid, but you might want to discreetly point her to this board Mother-In-Law Board It's a support board for families in dysfunctional relationships. MILs are the main focus, but there are sections for other family connections. In fact, reading this post reminded me of this thread "Am I a fault for MIL's obsessive attachment to my DS?"
March 25, 2009
Cambion
Heh...she may damn well have an aneurysm if she saw my room. I have a pentacle charm hanging off my wall, and many pictures of a gay man over my bed, and dirty foreign language books in my laundry basket-turned-bookshelf.

Honestly annie, do you really need to allow the woman in your house? She seems to not want to be near your big ebil hot-tub and your big ebil statues...is there any reason she *needs* to come into your home and move your stuff around? Or can you just conveniently forget to invite her over and conveniently be in the shower or asleep if she drops by uninvited? confused smiley

This. Seriously, you do not have to let her in your house. And should you find her there uninvited, I believe it's called "breaking and entering", and a matter for the police.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
March 25, 2009
Just tell me one thing. Her name isn't Margaret, is it? Because she sounds like an ex of mine's mother. But probably not because the guy I knew would never stand up to his mother. That would require some nuts and he didn't have any.

Oh, the stories I could tell about that Fundie nutball. Catlick all the way, nine womb products, first kid at 19, last kid at 45 or 46, a true Breeder who was pregnasty at the same time as one of her daughters. The old man, who died shortly after I came on the scene, had a corporate job where he traveled for months at a time. After a while I understood perfectly--shit, I would have just run off and never bothered to say goodbye if I were that man, but he'd come home long enough to knock her up and be off again. He was a philanderer and a drunk who treated her like crap, but of course he was barely cold before she canonized him. Nobody could say anything bad about him from them on.

The woman was absolutely batshit crazy. I was briefly (but not briefly enough) married to this dude. One day, when we'd been married about five minutes, she started in with Why I Had to Have a Baybee. She started telling me she'd had her baybees young and that was better, because one has energy to deal with them! It was supposed to be a "fond memory" but it sounded like pure Hell. She would be in some strange town they'd just moved to, no car, not much money, with a bunch of kids to take care of. She was going on about how lonely it was with tears flowing down her face. The freaky thing was, I don't think she even realized she was crying. She kept describing how horrible it was, being in a strange town with no money, but then she'd grab my arm and tell me, "but you have to have a baybee! Your husband works all the time. Don't you need someone to keep company?" (Note: Breeders are so unimaginative, aren't they? Can't they think of some way to amuse themselves other than to get knocked up and make a companion for themselves. How about spending time with other adults who can understand you? How about reading a book? Taking a class? Enjoying a hobby?)

Anyway, It was as if she was in some kind of trance. I kept thinking, WTF, this is supposed to be an attractive, fun story? Because all it did was horrify me and show me what a whack job she was.

Another time, some distant cousin got married the WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS. We were expected to drive 7 hours to this stupid event because Mother Dearest deemed it so. (Like I said, my ex had no nuts around her and could be guilted into anything.)

Why I even went, I can't fathom. (Not to worry, I'm not the doormat I used to be) The morning of the wedding, I woke up with a fever. I should have stayed in the hotel but I went to the reception to be a good sport. Of course, with an asshole like her, no good deed goes unpunished. As Annie can attest, you can't give someone like this one inch. I was not so smart then. Evil Moo knew I was sick, but she kept pestering me. She insisted I dance with Sonny Boy. When I told her I wasn't feeling well, she started to cry and she said, "Oh, Evil Philanderer and I always danced at every function. People used to say we looked so beautiful together." WTF does that have to do with me?

It gets better. This was a high-class wedding, (NOT!) complete with a cash bar and a photographer who would take one's picture for a fee. She and her evil sister decided I needed my picture taken! Before I knew what they were doing, they brought him over and ripped the glasses off my face and forced me to have my picture taken. I was so angry, but they wouldn't leave it alone. The bitch ordered the pictures and had them sent to our house and one to her too. She framed the one she had, put it on the wall, and never missed a chance to tell me "Oh, those pictures just don't do you justice." Fucking cunt. I could have snapped her 85 pound body in two, but that's how she operated. I used to call her 85 pounds of pure manipulation.

I was so traumatized by having her as a MIL, I waited eight years to get married again. No mama's boys for me. The next guy I married had parents that were BOTH DEAD. Unfortunately, that soon became his only good quality. He developed baby rabies and cheated on me, so I left him.

I've been with my current husband for 7 years. I do have a MIL this time, but we get along well, mostly because she's not Into Drama, she minds her own fucking business and lives 800 miles away. My FIL seemed to be the one who hadn't got the memo and he used to say stupid, nonsensical stuff like, "when you have children." Um, Dude, we are 45 years old and you don't see me whinging over my lack of a baybee and/or blogging about it, or gobbling fertility drugs like Smarties, do you? I guess he finally got the hint when DH told them I had my hysterectomy.

Sorry to run on, Annie, but your story brought back memories. #1 used to go on and on about how she was a Christian Lady. When she got mad at someone for one of her normal, stupid reasons, like not dancing at a wedding because one was sick, or not letting her run one's life, she used to say, "I'm putting you out to Calvary," which is a reference to where Jaysus was crucified. What a nice soul, no?

If my current DH had a toxic MIL, I probably wouldn't have married him. The only way it can work is if the man knows she's a nut job too. #1 gave good lip service, but Heaven forbid if I ever uttered a word about her nutty behavior.

But it sounds like you and your DH are on the same page and you can laugh about her. She sounds sick in the head.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login