Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Abortion ads in the UK

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Abortion ads in the UK
March 26, 2009
Funny enough I discussed this with people a few weeks ago before I knew it was going to be a possibility. Frankly abortion is still a medical procedure that has far to much stigma attatched to it when it shouldn't, if it were up to me it would be as morally neutral as getting a wisdom tooth removed. The UK has far to many teen moos , it would be a WONDERFUL breakthrough if they actually did advertise abortions POSITIVELY. Even some pro choice people can sometimes make the mistake by believing every women who gets one done HAS to be mortified by it, feel remorse and that the decision must create a whirlwind of negetive emotions and inner turmoil. Fuck that, studies from abortion clinics reported that the majority of women who had an abortion felt RELIEF afterwards.

So it's time to advertise that relief and most importantly to inform the public that the procedure is not as EVIL and gorey as the fundie media make it out to be, most likey you'll just be taking a fucking pill if you catch your pregnasty early enough. I think what pisses breeders off about this is that an abortion is an ECSCAPE from fucking up your life, you've seen how breeders respond when discovering someone is CF, they think they are "getting away with something", people still have this view with young girls and abortion ,fundie or no. Misery LOVES company after all. Just listen to the promiscurity arguement from the bleating UK public "They'll just be taught that they can have sex whenever they want and just get an abortion if they get pregnant!!!! WAHHHH!" Yeah dumbfucks , that's the POINT, you SHOULD be able to get plan B and abortions like that * finger snap * no fuss, no obstacles, no need for two doctors consent, nadda. I'ts amazing how people still bitch and moan about girls having too much sex in response to a breakthrough vaccine for cervical CANCER or a way to reduce teen pregnancy and overpopulation, it's 2009 for petes sake!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7964826.stm
Re: Abortion ads in the UK
March 26, 2009
MissMononoke
Funny enough I discussed this with people a few weeks ago before I knew it was going to be a possibility. Frankly abortion is still a medical procedure that has far to much stigma attatched to it when it shouldn't, if it were up to me it would be as morally neutral as getting a wisdom tooth removed. The UK has far to many teen moos , it would be a WONDERFUL breakthrough if they actually did advertise abortions POSITIVELY. Even some pro choice people can sometimes make the mistake by believing every women who gets one done HAS to be mortified by it, feel remorse and that the decision must create a whirlwind of negetive emotions and inner turmoil. Fuck that, studies from abortion clinics reported that the majority of women who had an abortion felt RELIEF afterwards.

That's how it was for me. Not an inkling of shame, regret or apprehension. I knew what I wanted, and it was not a baby! I was so casual about it that I was getting nasty looks and scoldings from people in the waiting room, like I should be ashamed to be there. eye rolling smiley I think what they were really doing is trying to make me feel ashamed along with them.

As far as relief, that's a bit of an understatement. The first time, I actually laid on the table laughing afterward because I was so happy that my personal little hell was finally over and I could resume my life (that pregnancy had terrible side effects).
March 27, 2009
I hear you, ARK! I felt the same way after my abortion. I was giddy and light-headed. I was told to lie down but was getting juice and crackers for other patients. I also feel like MissMonoke how abortion should be treated like a wisdom tooth being extracted. I am tired of the stigma on abortion and how many women feel they must apologize for their abortions. When I was at the clinic, I heard all of the apologies ranging from "I do want to be a mother later on in life" to "I cannot afford a child". No woman has to explain why she is aborting.
March 27, 2009
When the counselor (don't get me started on that bit) asked me why I was aborting, I frankly told her, straight faced, that "I hate children, and I don't want any. Ever." She seemed shocked that someone would say such a thing. What did she expect, some sob story about being so heartbroken that I have to "kill my baby" for whatever reason?

Not a fucking chance.

You know, I have to wonder how many women play the "sad, guilty patient" role because that's the only image of abortion that they're ever been shown, and they think that's how they should act?
March 27, 2009
ARK, I had to see the counselor when I returned for my check-up which was about three weeks later. The lady was nice but I hated being asked if I felt guilt. I was like, "NO WAY!!!!" I believe a lot of guilt it placed on women even by those "on our own side". I've known pro-choicers who acted the same way of how abortion should be so sad and heart-wrenching. I do not do guilt well. I had a grandmother who tried to send me on guilt trips for everything.
March 27, 2009
Muslimah
I do not do guilt well. I had a grandmother who tried to send me on guilt trips for everything.
Me too! My mother was always laying guilt on me for something or another. The result? I feel guilty about things that I shouldn't, and I hate when people give me things because I feel like I owe them for eternity, even if they treat me badly.
March 27, 2009
Don't you all know? Abortion is a TRAGEDY. I can't say who this tragedy affects... the woman who can now continue on with her life plans? the clump of cells who won't grow to be a neglected or abused person? the family who won't have to step up to support the unwanted child/unwilling mother? Nancy Grace, who won't have another dead kid to talk about?

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login