Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Famblee told to leave bar at Olive Garden

Posted by CrabCake 
Famblee told to leave bar at Olive Garden
March 28, 2009
Say what you will about Olive Garden, but my DH and I like going there. The food's always good. We especially like their soup and salad with breadsticks for lunch.

We hadn't been there in quite a while, so we decided to stop in today. It was around noon (Saturday), so naturally the restaurant side was overflowing with breeders and brats. The waiting area was chock-full of famblees with strollers and whining kyds and beaten-down-looking parents. DH and I went straight for the bar, which was empty except for a couple at one table. This is another reason I like this particular OG. Bliss! We had just gotten our beer and wine when a moo and whipped duh, complete with loaf strapped to his chest, and toadler came in. They had only gone about 10 feel when a waitress came right over and said "I'm sorry, there are no children allowed in the bar." Despite the fact that there's one of those "NO MINORS" signs posted prominently at the entrance, the breeders seemed SHOCKED at this revelation and a bit embarrassed, and quickly turned and left. WTF do they think? "Surely that sign doesn't apply to US and our beautiful, charming chyyyldrunn!" confused smiley

HALLELUAH! Our lunch was *extra* delicious today. (I wanted to say something to the staff, thanking them, but DH gets embarrassed really easily....he thinks I'm a bit too militantly CF...so I think I'll just email Olive Garden.)

:beer
Re: Famblee told to leave bar at Olive Garden
March 28, 2009
I too like the food at OG, yum! Kudos to the waitress for enforcing the age limit! I bet your drinks tasted extra refreshing after that! :beer
March 28, 2009
I've never been to an Ollve Garden, but I think DH and I definitely will be checking it out!

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
March 28, 2009
CrabCake
We had just gotten our beer and wine when a moo and whipped duh, complete with loaf strapped to his chest, and toadler came in. They had only gone about 10 feel when a waitress came right over and said "I'm sorry, there are no children allowed in the bar." Despite the fact that there's one of those "NO MINORS" signs posted prominently at the entrance, the breeders seemed SHOCKED at this revelation and a bit embarrassed, and quickly turned and left.

New baby and the parents are at that stage where most people see it and go into "oooh and awwww!" poses (don't holler. I know most CFs don't, but those little bubbleheads do attract a lot of attention) and so are more focused on responding than anything else around them

Or, if it's a new baby and toddler, this might be the first time they've been out to a restaurant since either was born. One does hear all those stories about becoming relegated to a more narrow world once the kids start coming. I'm sure it was a shock, all of a sudden the parents realize there are cool places they won't be allowed, now that they have kids (nasty laugh).
Anonymous User
March 28, 2009
Good for Olive Garden.

Around here, it's completely illegal to bring minors into bars. If ever I saw one, well, I can get the Liquor Board's number, can't I? :yeah
March 29, 2009
Yay for that waitress. It is PAST time that breeders are taught that the whole world does NOT belong to them amd their brats. It is amazing that they do not want to understand this fact (I do not believe for a moment that they didn't see the sign--they just chose to ignore it). I WISH they would enforce this at the OG here. We went to lunch last week and of course, there were all the breeders and brats IN THE BAR. Luckily OG hadn't been open for too long that day and the hostess seated us in a basically brat-free zone. Still, I get so sick and tired of brats everyfuckingwhere they do not belong!

This is what I loved about New Orleans--brats are not allowed in bars UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
March 29, 2009
MerlynHerne
I do not believe for a moment that they didn't see the sign--they just chose to ignore it.

That reminds me of a message board I read several years ago. From the responses, I don't recall that it was CF-related. Anyway, there was a question from a moo asking about a bed and breakfast she wanted to visit. She had a baby and noted that the B&B rule stated no kids under a certain age. Well, she really wanted to stay at that particular B&B, and didn't want to make arrangements for the kid elsewhere. I was amazed (well, maybe not. these are breeders we're talking about) at the number of responses telling her to make the reservation, don't mention the kid, and just show up. B&Bs, unlike hotels/motels, depend on reserved trade - not walk-ins. The foil was that the B&B would have to let the moo and kid stay, or lose their income for that day. Ohhh, maybe they'd holler and fuss, but an exception would have to be made. After all, how dare they turn away their baby, it wasn't like other babies who would fuss, create a mess and disturb vacationers. THEIR baby was perfect.

There were some mild protests from other people, saying it was a rude thing to do, but overall the tenor of the replies was that those kind of establishments should be kid friendly.

MerlynHerne
This is what I loved about New Orleans--brats are not allowed in bars UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

NO is a place I'd like to visit - not during Mardi Gras, and not during the summer, but sometime. From reading the posts Gutterboy wrote on ASCF (he disappeared from the board sometime after Katrina), people of that city are quite colorful and interesting. I archived a lot of the best posts from that group, written by people who have since left (and are sadly missed). Here's a Gutterboy post about his visit to a NO restaurant.

I went to one of my favorite local restaurants for lunch today -- it's sorta
like a barroom with a kickass kitchen in back (good enough to be listed in
Zagat) and a killer jukebox (Sinatra, Siouxsie Sioux, Julie London, Dead
Kennedys, Louis Prima, and on and on).

Since I don't usually go there for lunch during the week, I didn't know the
waiter, who looked and acted like the Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons, down to
the belly and the Hawaiian shirt. Quite a character.

Anyway, me and my buddy had been there all of 30 seconds, at a table by the
door, when the door opened and in strolled Yup Breederduhd in a yellow golf
shirt, along with a sprog around first-grade age. Behind him was Moo with
toadler and SUV stroller.

From behind the bar, the waiter looked up and yelled (yes, yelled):

"DO YOU WANT SOME ROPE?"

Duhd: "Rope?"

Waiter: "TO TIE THOSE KIDS UP OUTSIDE."

Duhd: "What??"

Waiter: "Because they're NOT coming in here. I've got some string."

Everyone in the restaurant got very quiet. Sprog's eyes were huge. Duhd looked
confused, then mustered a weak smile.

Waiter: "See those video poker machines?"

Duhd: "Yeah... So?"

Waiter: "So this is a bar that serves food, not a restaurant. They can't be in
here."

Duhd: "Oh...."

Waiter: "I could cover up the machines. Or build an enclosure around them. Then
it would be okay. Then it would be legal. But I didn't. So: bye."

The conversation complete, Waiter turned around and began pouring my iced tea.
Duhd, still confused, backed out the door.

My lunch buddy and I broke into spontaneous applause.

Waiter: "You like that?"

GB: "Damn right I like that!"

Waiter (he said this, I swear): "Good. As long as I work here, this is a
BREEDER-FREE ZONE."

GB: "I like that even better!"

Over his shoulder, I could see the fambuhlee out on the sidewalk. Moo was
furious. Duhd was trying to calm her down. Finally she stomped away, pushing
the stroller, Duhd and Littleduhd trailing behind her.

Waiter: "I could've been nicer about it. But I like to have my fun." He leaned
in close and added, "Besides, people with kids don't tip worth SHIT."

GB: "But you miss the thrill of cleaning up smashed crackers on the floor."

Waiter: "HA! And the privilege of bringing them packages of goddamn crackers
every thirty seconds!"

On top of everything else, lunch was delicious. All that was missing was an
Internet terminal so I could've typed this out in real time!

Gutterboy
March 29, 2009
LOVE that Gutterboy story! New Orleans is one of the most adult-oriented places I've ever visited. Remarkably child-unfriendly. Fantastic.

Ok so back to these numpties dragging small children into the bar at a restaurant and expecting to be entitled to inhabit space which is strictly for adults.... Provided that these breeders were once children themselves, surely they remember how many bars they were allowed to hang around in when they were six years old. Let me guess. NONE. Where the hell do they get the idea the laws have changed in their favour and they're welcome in bars now?

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
March 29, 2009
I was in Cabela's (big outdoorsman store) yesterday. I could not believe how many kyds were in that place, all running around and screaming like crack-addled monkeys. Their parents, of course, made no move do discipline them, even when they were climbing on and playing with the (expensive!) merchandise. One bitch's brat almost tripped me, and then had the audacity to act like I tried to run her shitbag over. Then outside, one woman was waiting for her husband to bring the car around. Her kids kept trying to wander off into the busy street, even though she kept telling them not to (had they been hit by a car, I would have laughed). I said, loudly, "man, I'm sure glad I don't have any kids!". She turned around and glared at me.

Kids spanking with a whip on the ass Do spanking with a whip on the ass Not spanking with a whip on the ass Belong spanking with a whip on the ass In spanking with a whip on the ass Places spanking with a whip on the ass Like spanking with a whip on the ass That! spanking with a whip on the ass
March 29, 2009
Thanks for the heads up, Crab.
Anonymous User
March 29, 2009
It is quite true that people with kids tip like crap. I worked at a deli in high school and some little brat had smashed up crackers, dropped pieces of deli meat, and pickles all over the floor... and the "parents" gave me $1 tip. From working at that deli, I noticed people always wanted to have special things for the hatchlings. I had one moo ask me if I could give her brat another flavor of ice cream because bratleigh didn't like the first one. She didn't want to pay for an additional scoop either! How does that work?
March 29, 2009
Ugh. You hear nothing but nightmare stories from servers about what it's like to wait on breeders. They want everything, and they want it for FREE. They want you to do extra stuff, such as heating up their loaf's bottle (WTF...can you imagine the lawsuit if moomie felt it was toooo hhhhhot?). And all they do is complain about what they DO get. I remember reading some breeder's complaint on Planet Feedback about how they thought a kid's meal was overpriced at a measly $3. WTF??

As for brats in bars, I do think a lot of it has to do with how strict the state or local laws are. It seems that some states/cities are more lax than others. When we lived in Oregon, for example, I started noticing more and more brats in bars. Then we moved to Washington (state), and things are much more strict here. Thank GAWD. I've never seen a baybee in a bar or the bar area of a restaurant here.
March 29, 2009
(From Gutterboy's visit to New Orleans)

Anyway, me and my buddy had been there all of 30 seconds, at a table by the
door, when the door opened and in strolled Yup Breederduhd in a yellow golf
shirt, along with a sprog around first-grade age. Behind him was Moo with
toadler and SUV stroller.

From behind the bar, the waiter looked up and yelled (yes, yelled):

"DO YOU WANT SOME ROPE?"

Duhd: "Rope?"

Waiter: "TO TIE THOSE KIDS UP OUTSIDE."

Duhd: "What??"

Waiter: "Because they're NOT coming in here. I've got some string."

Everyone in the restaurant got very quiet. Sprog's eyes were huge. Duhd looked
confused, then mustered a weak smile.

Waiter: "See those video poker machines?"

Duhd: "Yeah... So?"

Waiter: "So this is a bar that serves food, not a restaurant. They can't be in
here."

Duhd: "Oh...."

Waiter: "I could cover up the machines. Or build an enclosure around them. Then
it would be okay. Then it would be legal. But I didn't. So: bye."

The conversation complete, Waiter turned around and began pouring my iced tea.
Duhd, still confused, backed out the door.

My lunch buddy and I broke into spontaneous applause.

Waiter: "You like that?"

GB: "Damn right I like that!"

Waiter (he said this, I swear): "Good. As long as I work here, this is a
BREEDER-FREE ZONE."

GB: "I like that even better!"

Over his shoulder, I could see the fambuhlee out on the sidewalk. Moo was
furious. Duhd was trying to calm her down. Finally she stomped away, pushing
the stroller, Duhd and Littleduhd trailing behind her.

Waiter: "I could've been nicer about it. But I like to have my fun." He leaned
in close and added, "Besides, people with kids don't tip worth SHIT."

GB: "But you miss the thrill of cleaning up smashed crackers on the floor."

Waiter: "HA! And the privilege of bringing them packages of goddamn crackers
every thirty seconds!"

On top of everything else, lunch was delicious. All that was missing was an
Internet terminal so I could've typed this out in real time!

waving hellolarious :inw waving hellolarious :inw waving hellolarious :inw waving hellolarious :inw waving hellolarious :inw

Every restaurant should be like this! I will give any waiter I get like that a huge tip!

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
Anonymous User
March 29, 2009
CrabCake
As for brats in bars, I do think a lot of it has to do with how strict the state or local laws are. It seems that some states/cities are more lax than others. When we lived in Oregon, for example, I started noticing more and more brats in bars. Then we moved to Washington (state), and things are much more strict here. Thank GAWD. I've never seen a baybee in a bar or the bar area of a restaurant here.

Ugh I live in Oregon. At least in this town they kick the kids out at a certain time (I think it's 9 or something). Most places are overrun with brats though. Red robin has really good burgers, but it is terrible to eat there because of screaming children. We to try to sit in the lounge usually.
Anonymous User
March 29, 2009
CrabCake
They want you to do extra stuff, such as heating up their loaf's bottle (WTF...can you imagine the lawsuit if moomie felt it was toooo hhhhhot?).

I can top that. I saw breeders at Starbucks ask the baristas to steam some breast milk for the baybee. BREAST MILK. USING THE SAME STEAMING WAND THAT HEATS THE MILK FOR EVERY OTHER CUSTOMER. They were shocked and offended when the baristas said no.

"Why not?"

"Because we could be fined by the health department, and it's not safe for other customers to drink something that's been steamed after steaming breast milk." (Seems reasonable to me.)

Of course, then the Moo got all pissy and screeched "Do you think my milk isn't clean?!"

The manager had to step in and say "Ma'am, we cannot and will not steam breast milk. I'm sorry." They stormed out, and as soon as they left, everyone within earshot erupted with a resounding "what the hell was that?". I still shudder to think about what would've happened if they'd gotten their way.
March 29, 2009
Portiabella
CrabCake
They want you to do extra stuff, such as heating up their loaf's bottle (WTF...can you imagine the lawsuit if moomie felt it was toooo hhhhhot?).

I can top that. I saw breeders at Starbucks ask the baristas to steam some breast milk for the baybee. BREAST MILK. USING THE SAME STEAMING WAND THAT HEATS THE MILK FOR EVERY OTHER CUSTOMER. They were shocked and offended when the baristas said no.

"Why not?"

"Because we could be fined by the health department, and it's not safe for other customers to drink something that's been steamed after steaming breast milk." (Seems reasonable to me.)

Of course, then the Moo got all pissy and screeched "Do you think my milk isn't clean?!"

The manager had to step in and say "Ma'am, we cannot and will not steam breast milk. I'm sorry." They stormed out, and as soon as they left, everyone within earshot erupted with a resounding "what the hell was that?". I still shudder to think about what would've happened if they'd gotten their way.

I'm glad they had the health department rules to fall back on. Unbelievable that anyone would think that the rest of the world would be fine with a steamer used to steam some stranger's bodily fluid...disgusting to the extreme.
March 29, 2009
Captcha: wPPum (how appropriate!)

Gutterboy: Your story is giving me deja-vu. I think I remember hearing about this guy before....way back on Turtle's site maybe? Anyway, he was a hero amongst the CF crowd for his total no-BS way of handling breeders in his joint.

Portiabella: two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking
Anonymous User
March 29, 2009
Portiabella
CrabCake

"Why not?"

Wtf? Did they want it steamed for their kyd, or did they want the barista to make a nice hot boobmilk latte for themselves?? two faces puking

When I worked as a barista I had the odd occasion where a moo would ask me to microwave her bottle of milk for the kyd, I always held the thing between between my thumb and forefinger like it was a used tissue and THOROUGHLY washed my hands afterwards... The thought of brat-germs on my hands, YUCK two faces puking
Anonymous User
March 29, 2009
Portiabella
CrabCake

"Why not?"

Nasty! I would have said, "milk is the same biohazard as blood, get out!" That's absolutely disgusting.
March 30, 2009
I've never had a bad meal at Olive Garden, granted, I don't go there all that often, but I was happy with my food every time I've been there.

I think the reason places like that get such a stigma is because the breeders frequent them.
March 30, 2009
quilly
Nasty! I would have said, "milk is the same biohazard as blood, get out!" That's absolutely disgusting.

I would think you could get Aids or HiV from breastmilk.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
March 30, 2009
m4p
quilly

I would think you could get Aids or HiV from breastmilk.

...and this is still the year 1985.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
March 30, 2009
http://www.avert.org/hiv-breastfeeding.htm

For most babies, breastfeeding is without question the best way to be fed, but unfortunately breastfeeding can also transmit HIV. Breast milk provides all of the nutrients needed during the first few months of life, and it also contains agents that help to protect against common childhood illnesses such as diarrhoea and respiratory infections.

“When a mother has HIV, the dangers of not breastfeeding must be balanced against the risk of HIV transmission ”
Even in rich countries, breastfed babies are less likely to become ill than those given replacement foods.1 In other parts of the world, where there is little access to clean water, sanitation and health services, not breastfeeding can greatly increase the risks of disease and death.2 3

However, among women who are infected with HIV and receiving no antiretroviral treatment or other interventions, breastfeeding for two or more years can double the rate of mother-to-child transmission to around 40% (the rest of the transmission occurs during pregnancy, labour and delivery). In Africa, between one third and one half of infant HIV infections are due to breastfeeding.4

When a mother has HIV, the dangers of not breastfeeding must be balanced against the risk of HIV transmission. This results in a painful dilemma for millions of women in developing countries, for whom there are no easy options.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 30, 2009
KidFreeLuvnLife
I've never had a bad meal at Olive Garden, granted, I don't go there all that often, but I was happy with my food every time I've been there.

I think the reason places like that get such a stigma is because the breeders frequent them.

....and Red Lobster......
Anonymous User
March 30, 2009
Aren't bread sticks an endangered species?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login