Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why kids should not be on DA

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Why kids should not be on DA
March 29, 2009
I've been lurking for quite awhile before I decided to join. Before then, I was a fence sitter. I know for sure that I don't want to go through pregnancy because it looks too painful to go through and two, I have a autistic genes that I don't wish to pass it on to my kid. I thought maybe I could adopt an older child in the future when I'm in my thirties (I'm 24 years) but after watching a serial killer documentary in Criminology class, I instantly became child free and had been ever since. I will spare the details of me some other time but to get back to the topic.

I've been on a DA for a year now. I was browsing around like I always do and stumbled upon this. DA Journal (I don't know how to work with this link) The artist was reporting art thieves and listing them on her journal. The art thieves is a problem on DA and most of the thieves are none other than..... PRETEENS!!! Now don't get me wrong, I know not all preteens are art thieves and some of them are mature of their age and decent to get along with. The thieves are a different story. They come off as whiny, bratty, and immature behavior when they're caught stealing others art and pass it off as their own. They denied it and calling everyone a meany. This boy is the worst. He is rude and crude. He took others art and just marks them over with x's and saying rude things about them. Whenever someone tells him that he's plagiarising, he blows them off and uses their artwork and does same thing like he did to others. Apparently he didn't like being told what he's doing wrong and thinks he can do whatever he wants because his moomy tells him he's special. He uses autism as an excuse (I don't know if he's really autistic but uses it because he can get away with his behavior or he's just plain lying) and I'm assuming his mother probably uses it whenever he's being rude to everyone by excusing his bad behavior. If I dare to act like that, mom wouldn't hesitate to kick my butt to the next planet! A good reason for not to have kids, you don't have to deal with this behavior when they reach puberty.

Other than that, hello! grinning smiley

EDIT: This link should work, I hope. DA Journal By the way, it's not my journal. It's from this artist who's goal is to stop art thieves and lists them so you can check them out yourself. I already commented on her journal supporting her goal!
Re: Why kids should not be on DA
March 29, 2009
welcome.. faerie.

if you really want nightmares, read the medical books about pregnancy..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
March 29, 2009
Thanks merc!

I remember reading something like that on the internet. I did got scared of being pregnant when I was fourteen. I was watching Species 2 and I saw the part when the woman got pregnant from having sex from the astronaut who's infected by alien and literally burst out of her stomach, with a baby's head covered with blood with tentacles. O_O That scared shit out of me and scarred me for years to come. Of course, it isn't real but still, it just scares me off big time!
March 29, 2009
i have some medical books, and.. they give me nightmares.. i am 35, seen a lot of things. but when you talk about your own skin tearing apart.. from within.. (that is true..)..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 29, 2009
Welcome!

DA is already crawling with teensprogs and their silly anime fixation.eye rolling smiley

Now the prepubescent toddlers are running around loose there, too?!doh face

(I have an account there and I just tolerate it everyday.)
Anonymous User
March 29, 2009
Welcome to the board Faerie-StarV! :1welcome

Just stay away from infants/toddlers/teens and other similar species... :beer
Anonymous User
March 29, 2009
Hello, Faerie-StarV and :1welcome
Anonymous User
March 29, 2009
They treat it like it's my space with all that drama shit. I thought DA was supposed to a serious artist's place where we can view all kinds of art without drama. Of course, those brats invaded our domain! Argh!! What is this world coming to?!? >(
March 29, 2009
How old are you?
Anonymous User
March 29, 2009
I'm twenty-four but I looked young for my age. smiling smiley I get a lot of flak from everyone saying I should start breeding because of my age.
March 29, 2009
:1welcome
March 29, 2009
Faerie-StarV
...I have a autistic genes that I don't wish to pass it on to my kid....

:1welcome Another one, huh? That makes, what, 3 or 4 of us on here?
March 29, 2009
Faerie-StarV
They treat it like it's my space with all that drama shit. I thought DA was supposed to a serious artist's place where we can view all kinds of art without drama. Of course, those brats invaded our domain! Argh!! What is this world coming to?!? >(

Teen-infested, of course.eye rolling smiley

They are EVERYWHERE with their video games, cell phones, whorish behavior, etc.

And the marketing gang is more than GLAD to cater to those spoiled punks and skanks, too.
Anonymous User
March 29, 2009
I gave up on DA because of the art thieving, but I do like to see other people's stuff.

I sympathize with the autistic genes thing... I have them too.
March 29, 2009
It's kind of funny trying to watch little kids plagiarize - I'd have to say none of them are Photoshop savvy and if they actually try to edit the work before claiming it's theirs, they do shit edits in MS Paint. I've gotten my work stolen on a DA-ish site; the person left big chunks of the original piece in their stunning attempts at trying to alter the colors. Very cute. And they got banned. Warning to all folks...watermark your work. People will be less inclined to steal it, and if they want it that bad, they'll have to sit and play with Photohshop to try and remove it. Most people aren't willing to make that effort.

My only hope is that some freak-parent doesn't come onto DA and begin screaming at the admin there for letting their iddle pweshus see things like nude models or ebil gay anime men making out. Yes, DA is for all ages...meaning all ratings except X are usually seen. I really kind of wish DA increased their age limit to keep some of the idiot kidlets out.

I'm still getting little retarded tweens looking at my Pokemon yaoi going "omg dat so rong Mewtwo aint gay ur not right". Why is it so hard to just not look if it's offensive? Do they really think they are just that special that their one comment is going to make me see the error of my ways and remove what is actually a popular piece just for extra-special little them? They can go fuck themselves with their toy Poke-balls.

I do believe I remember seeing you before on DA, Faerie. Welcome aboard! :hello
Anonymous User
March 29, 2009
Cambion
It's kind of funny trying to watch little kids plagiarize - I'd have to say none of them are Photoshop savvy and if they actually try to edit the work before claiming it's theirs, they do shit edits in MS Paint. I've gotten my work stolen on a DA-ish site; the person left big chunks of the original piece in their stunning attempts at trying to alter the colors. Very cute. And they got banned. Warning to all folks...watermark your work. People will be less inclined to steal it, and if they want it that bad, they'll have to sit and play with Photohshop to try and remove it. Most people aren't willing to make that effort.

My only hope is that some freak-parent doesn't come onto DA and begin screaming at the admin there for letting their iddle pweshus see things like nude models or ebil gay anime men making out. Yes, DA is for all ages...meaning all ratings except X are usually seen. I really kind of wish DA increased their age limit to keep some of the idiot kidlets out.

I'm still getting little retarded tweens looking at my Pokemon yaoi going "omg dat so rong Mewtwo aint gay ur not right". Why is it so hard to just not look if it's offensive? Do they really think they are just that special that their one comment is going to make me see the error of my ways and remove what is actually a popular piece just for extra-special little them? They can go fuck themselves with their toy Poke-balls.

I do believe I remember seeing you before on DA, Faerie. Welcome aboard! :hello

Yep, that is me, we meet again! I'm gonna watermark mine as well just in case. Nobody hasn't stolen my artwork yet but I'm not gonna take any chances.

Yeah, I remembered those comments on your Pokemon yaoi. I would just tell them to piss off if that were me.

I'm pretty sure the parents did complain about DA but probably were brushed off by them saying that they're not responsible but them. I'm sure it pisses the breeders off. grinning smiley
March 30, 2009
At least VERY few kids bellyached about my sexy Transformers art.XD
Anonymous User
March 30, 2009
Banshee

Transformers are sexy! I gotta see this myself. smiling smiley If the kids are gonna bitch about it, they can just leave and go on my bitch space! grinning smiley
March 30, 2009
Faerie-StarV
Banshee

Transformers are sexy! I gotta see this myself. smiling smiley If the kids are gonna bitch about it, they can just leave and go on my bitch space! grinning smiley

I'm blackhellcat there, BTW.smiling smiley

http://blackhellcat.deviantart.com/

Some of the stuff can be PRETTY risque!doh face
Anonymous User
March 30, 2009
Greetings!
March 30, 2009
Cambion

Cambion, you seriously need to tell those runts to kiss your Pipluppy ass. (Can you tell I just got the new Pokemon Platinum and who my starter is?) winking smiley

Welcome, Faerie. Tweens and teens irritate me just as much or maybe even more than babies, toddlers and kids. My husband and I went bowling the other night and had the unfortunate chance of having to bowl next to a bunch of idiot teens. I was 12 when I learned common bowling courtesy. These brats had no clue. The one would stand at the foul line, throw her ball and watch it go all the way down the lane. With the speed she threw that ball, she could have walked to the vending machines, got a soft drink and still come back in time to see how many pins she knocked down.

Oh, and don't get me started on the kid who was wearing aviator sunglasses *in the bowling alley* (and this is nighttime, mind you) and would get right up and start to go for his ball when it was my turn. He named himself "Dickwad" on the computer scoring thing. At least he got something right.
Anonymous User
March 31, 2009
cherryice
Cambion

Cambion, you seriously need to tell those runts to kiss your Pipluppy ass. (Can you tell I just got the new Pokemon Platinum and who my starter is?) winking smiley

Welcome, Faerie. Tweens and teens irritate me just as much or maybe even more than babies, toddlers and kids. My husband and I went bowling the other night and had the unfortunate chance of having to bowl next to a bunch of idiot teens. I was 12 when I learned common bowling courtesy. These brats had no clue. The one would stand at the foul line, throw her ball and watch it go all the way down the lane. With the speed she threw that ball, she could have walked to the vending machines, got a soft drink and still come back in time to see how many pins she knocked down.

Oh, and don't get me started on the kid who was wearing aviator sunglasses *in the bowling alley* (and this is nighttime, mind you) and would get right up and start to go for his ball when it was my turn. He named himself "Dickwad" on the computer scoring thing. At least he got something right.

Yeah, that's one of reasons why I don't want to have kids is because I have to deal with their immature behavior. I've met some of the mature preteens and teens but those are minority. This one is defiantly a nightmare, her journal on deviantart, she's an example of spoiled princess. One the titles of her journal read "Fuck School I'm not goin" and the other is complaining about age discrimination. Try reading it without having your head explode because of whiny behavior. >_<
March 31, 2009
Seems like she needs to stay in school. Let's start with the first grade.
March 31, 2009
sad smiley

It's SUPPOSED to be a serious art/fanart place and now it's a virtual daycare.

No wonder I feel so old and out of place there.eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login