Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1422 - Starbucks Moos

Posted by CFBoston 
Sherz
Re: 1422 - Starbucks Moos
July 18, 2006
Last week I registered for a writing class at the college very near my home. After going through registration, and buying my book, I went to the student center to grab something to eat. This is the same college I graduated from 16 years ago, so it was really interesting noting how things had changed over the years. Most things were about the same, but one really annoying change was the fact that there were 2 kids running around in the student center. This is the place where commuter students hang out in between classes to study. Why in the HELL would moos bring their sprogs there? There is also a daycare center on campus. I'm sure these kids were in daycare while the moos were in class, but moo took them out to save money when she wasn't in class. I'm glad I live near to campus and won't have to hang out there!!
July 18, 2006
Everywhere servic workers tolerate nasty and loud toddlers because -- as you said, Sherz -- no one wants to deal with a pissed off moo. PO'd moos are the worst since they have been trained by society how everyone is to cater to them.

I did read in the paper last week how society is starting to become more adult-focused and is veering away from a spoiled child-centric viewpoint. More TV shows sitcoms are dealing with the adults in the family rather than centering around those children.

Adult venues are back in vogue. Las Vegas now advertises the "what is done in Vegas...stays in Vegas". I gather the Famblee Friendly atmosphere was not getting the tourist dollars. Nudist colonies always touted the family atmosphere but there is one in this area that is very adult (don't know the name but read about it) and advertises "Naughty Fridays".

More workplaces are offering life/balance schedules for all to enjoy rather than tout the "family friendly" workplace which in turn meant VERY unfriendly towards the childfree/childless. It is about time that we benefit from what the moos have benefitted from for so long!
Nour
July 18, 2006
Welcome, Mom of None! I am also in the Bay Area. :friendly waves to you::
I like your "They Live" metaphor.
July 18, 2006
If idiot moos are going to bring their little shits to college, then why do THEY bother going, when they (the moos) aren't going to benefit from college?

lab mom
Anonymous User
July 18, 2006
WaterLily Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If idiot moos are going to bring their little
> shits to college, then why do THEY bother going,
> when they (the moos) aren't going to benefit from
> college?

They go to get the freebies in the form of financial aid, because, after all, they are doing TMJITWW.

DW dealt with a cow-orker who did that just for the freebies. THen said cow-orker wanted others to do her homework for her. DW told her she can write her own papers!

July 19, 2006
Good for your wife, Gleepy.

I've seen my share of welfare moos in college. Like as if they are going to better themselves... They are also the ones who end up dropping out, b/c they find out it toooo harrrrd for them.

lab mom
Sherz
July 20, 2006
You're so right about the benefits these moos are getting. I'm sure their tuition is paid for by the gov't, as well as their books and supplies. Now that there is a daycare center on campus it makes things even easier for the single moos. I'm sure the gov't helps to pay for their daycare too. I paid for everything out of pocket, of course!

Waterlily, you're right about it being tooooo haaard! Most of these moos were too stupid to figure out how a condom worked, so you know they can't comprehend schoolwork beyond an 8th grade level!
July 20, 2006
I'm glad to say I've yet to see a sprog on my university campus. Crossing fingers, now!

Though I did once drop out of a class when the stupid yuppie breeder duh teacher started going on about his baybee. I was like, "WTF does this have to do with the course subject?" Absolutely nothing, of course. And, naturally, all the wannabreeders in the class were going "Awwwwwww!" So I just picked up my stuff and left.
July 20, 2006
Hey Medusa - I saw today a moo at the gym at my former university campus this evening! She was working out on the elliptical (sp?) while her poor toodler sat tied in her stroller looking bored. She didn't have a toy and just sat there. At one point the kid started putting her fingers on the pedals and a guy had to yell and grab the moo's and kid's attention. The moo never stoped on the machine but the little girl took her hands away. These young moos should think about the consequence. A baby stroller and a kid do not belong near excersie machines!
July 20, 2006
Holy cow.

Sherz, those moos don't have any intelligence whatsoever.

Medusa, I once had another fellow student in one of my classes, who would go on and on an on (gag) about how great motherhood was. I wandered what the f*ck she was smoking.

lab mom
July 21, 2006
The worst I've encountered from a student moo is one who'd had a loaf recently and always called up the babysitter or baybeedaddy on her cell during class break to check up on the loaf. "Is she sleeping? Did she eat?" Zzzzzzzzzz.

So yeah, I consider myself lucky!
July 22, 2006
Gee, how nice. NOT!

lab mom
DrDanCorelli
July 23, 2006
For those of you in Seattle, you are probably familiar with University Village, a shopping center near the campus of the University of Washington. It is a very popular spot for many industry-types like me to meet others in preparation for meetings over at the U.

There are now two Starbucks at the U-village, one across from the Pottery Barn (now known to many as Moo-Bucks because of the stroller-set invasion) and the other over by the Crate and Barrel side. There is also the B & N cafe just down the way from the Moo-Bucks. The Moo-Bucks stroller set actually gets mad if you, as a non-stroller brigade member, invade their territory. Of course, they invade the other one all the time. Despite the fact that it is near the U and a lot of students will study or relax at the Moo-Bucks, I have actually witnessed moos trying to toss students out of "their" tables and even the fire marshal from the City of Seattle has had to come in and warn the moos not to block the entrance. If you are ever in Seattle and at the U-village, avoid the Moo-Bucks like the plague! Those moos get damn violent at times and get belligerent. Just be warned--use the Starbucks at the C & B side or at the B & N bookstore a few hundred feet away. Your sanity will thank you.

This warning from the CF coffehouse early warning system now over.
Anonymous User
July 23, 2006
I tend to like the WiFi over at Starbucks (T-Mobile) and McDonald's (Wayport).

I would be happier if, in Buffalo, business groups along the major commercial strips would help Buffalo WiFi http://www.buffalowifi.org get access into those places. Geeks like me who tip their servers well would be allowed to stay for hours as DW and I would sit in there with our laptops reading this or news:alt.support.childfree while non-tipping moos would be sneered at as servers dodge the supersized strollers parked about.
July 24, 2006
I don't think my college has a daycare, which I'm definitely glad about. I've never seen a sprog running around in the school, but I have seen a couple of noticeably pregnant teen Moos walking around. I know women can still go to college and be mothers, but college will be hard enough by itself. Not too many women can go to college, go to work, and care for a baby too well. For a lot of women, especially the young ones these days, one of the three will fall short...they'll start failing their classes, the kid will get neglected, or they'll get fired. why do women pursuing careers go and have kids while they're in the process of getting their degrees?

I can't really say much for Starbucks...the first time I went was the last time. I like their vanilla Italian soda, but I don't think anything they serve is worth what they charge. I pass by a couple of Starbucks every day on my way to class, and I always notice that it's either full of business people, unchilded people, or college students. It's definitely not the place for a goddamned kid. Stupid breeders...I hate how the dumb fucks think they belong everywhere because they have a kid, or that they should still belong everywhere even after spawning.
Anonymous User
July 24, 2006
Actually, getting discounted refills of house coffee in the Starbucks around Buffalo isn't a bad idea. It works well when I have the laptop and the wireless card. I just remember to drop some change in the tip jar, as I feel I am taking up space.

Problem is, even their decaf gives me bad jitters.

I rarely see the moos in the ones I go to.
July 25, 2006
I went to a 2 year community college a few years after high school and it had several welfare moos. They were all the same - pissed and moaned about everything, bitched about not having daycare on site - and this was 1986 and 1987 - cried about having too much homework, after all, they've got loaves to attend to, and showed up when they wanted and thought they should be exempt from the attendance rule. There was somewhat of a dress code and they always violated it, because, don't ya know, they are too busy doing TMIJITW to worry about their appearance. Most of them didn't even finish the curriculum. What a waste of taxpayer money.

They're all the same. Selfish, low-life, entitlement-minded cows. Several years after graduation I ran into one that DID happen to finish. Guess what she was doing with her hard-earned associates degree? Nothing. She was at home with 2 more kids, not working and no baybee daddy to speak of. Glad to see our tax dollars spent on that welfare case really paid off!
July 25, 2006
The community college I was going to, didn't have a daycare on site. Someone else musta been watching the stupid moo's loaves.

Most moos of any kind don't finnish a degree. It is a complete of our taxpayer money.

lab mom
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.