Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1436 DaVinci Code

Posted by CF Scorpio 
CF Scorpio
1436 DaVinci Code
May 23, 2006
That was funny! What a hypocrite that Fundie Moo was! So it's OK for her to try to control other people's movie-viewing habits, but it's NOT OK for other people to criticize her child-rearing habits. Typical!
Re: 1436 DaVinci Code
May 23, 2006
The more the fundie and Catholic moos, duhds, and clergy protest the movie, the more the people want to see it. It is human nature. I do believe there is some validity to the movie even if the author of the book may have had some exagerations. However, I have no desire to see the movie. I found the book very dull. I like watching this issue on the History or on the National Geographic Channels.
May 23, 2006
Stupid moo. Keep your kids up so late they'll be too tired to go to church. That ALSO means they'll throw fits and temper tantrums to try and to get OUT of going to church. Some christian.

"Early to bed, Early to rise, Makes a person wealthy and wise."
Stupid mooron.

lab mom
Sherz
May 23, 2006
What kills me is that the stupid moo probably didn't even read the book, nor did probably half of the the people bitching about the movie. The dumb breeder's pentacostal minister probably told her the story was sinful, and she blindly believed him. Now she's out doing Gawd's work keeping the masses from burning in hell!

I found the book entertaining, more so than the bible!
May 23, 2006
That's like the religious freaks who were protesting Martin Scorsese's "Last Temptation Of Christ". They didn't even know what they were talking about, having never actually seen the film.
Fattie
May 23, 2006
india_darshan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The more the fundie and Catholic moos, duhds, and
> clergy protest the movie, the more the people want
> to see it. It is human nature.

Remember those X-ian fundies protesting Ozzy biting the heads off of bats? Didn't hurt his record sales much.
(More) recently, remember all the fundies protesting outside of sold-out Marilyn Manson concerts? Fundies protesting Insane Clown Posse being signed to Hollywood Records (owned by Disney) which just created free publicity for ICP?
All these fundies are doing is creating free publicity for the entertainers they are trying to "protect" other people from.

ProfessorDorine
May 23, 2006
I finally succumbed to the pressure and read the book. The writing is rather puerile, the characters devoid of any humanity save for their deep faults and the ending trite. The history being proposed is interesting from a certain point of view, but the scholarship behind it is not.

When the movie version comes out on DVD, I will rent it if I have nothing else to do.
Anonymous User
May 23, 2006
india_darshan Wrote:
> The more the fundie and Catholic moos, duhds, and
> clergy protest the movie, the more the people want
> to see it. It is human nature.

Count me as another who agrees with this.

When I was a teenager, back in the late 70's, an adult book store (called ADULT WORLD) opened up on the highway just outside of the crappy little town we lived in at the time. This was NOT in a residential area, and no sprogs had to walk/ride past it to get to school or anything. It was 100% legal for them to be where they were.

But you should have read all of the mooing and lowing in the local rag about this! If no one had made a big deal out of it, who would have even noticed that the place was there?

As a matter of fact, my younger brother (who was 14 at the time) and his friend snuck in there, but got kicked out. I bet they would not have known about it if they hadn't seen it plastered all over the local fishwrap.

But, to be fair, the local cat box liner did interview the guy who owned Adult World. They asked him how he felt about all of the negative publicity. He said that he loved it...business is booming, thanks for all of the free advertising! smiling smiley

Fundies are so dumb.

Oh...and I did a search, and Adult World is still where it was, when it first opened nearly 30 years ago: http://www.switchboard.com/Book_Stores/Egg%20Harbor%20City/NJ/52/Yellowpages_Results.html
May 24, 2006
I love seeing the fundie krysjuns get themselves all in a big ol' pucker when it's mentioned how all of the krysjun holidays have Pagan origins.

Yet these same fundies let their kids see Peter Pan, Cinderella, etc., and both of these movies illustrate magic. What do they think magic is, anyway?
CF Scorpio
May 24, 2006
Medusa Wrote:
> That's like the religious freaks who were
> protesting Martin Scorsese's "Last Temptation Of
> Christ". They didn't even know what they were
> talking about, having never actually seen the
> film.

I remember that. I went to see it just to see what all the fuss was about. I was not particularly impressed with the quality of the movie. If there hadn't been such a big controversy around it, it would have come and gone from the theaters in a week.
May 24, 2006
i went to see it, its so breederific, basically, its a pro breeder, jesus is a man not divine. it was predictable. and HUGE errors in reality and in religion. 2 hours 45 long. was 1 hour 45 too long could have set the story in less than an hour. i wont give away the ending, but by the first 40 mins i knew the answer.

all publicity is good publicity.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Faust
May 24, 2006
Yep, I went with My Merc to see it, and he's right. I felt so annoyed at the tripe being spouted at one point, I had to go out to the concession stand for a bit. All this crap about 'vessels'. Sod THAT for a game of soldiers!!!
May 24, 2006
View fullscreen 360 degree interactive panoramas from the main locations in Dan Browns fiction The Da Vinci Code. Visit the places: Rennes le Château, Leonardo da Vinci's The Last Supper, The Louvre in Paris, the Temple Church in London and Rosslyn Chapel.

http://www.panoramas.dk/da-vinci-code/ if anyone is interested in reality over hollywood hype

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.