Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1439-What Children Notice

Posted by Sherz 
Sherz
1439-What Children Notice
May 24, 2006
I have a wonderful friend who has really bad acne. He's smart, caring, and has a wicked, dark sense of humor! If asked to describe his looks, I would say he is an attractive man. Why? Because of all the little elements and nuances that add up to him. Kids are about as deep as a wad of spit, and as tactful as a monkey throwing shit. When people say "Kid's notice everything," and oooh and ahhh about how brilliant they are, they are absolutely wrong. Adults notice everything too, but most of us have a filter that keeps us from saying stupid, hurtful things to people, and that makes us far more brilliant. Most adults also look at more than one element of a person before judging them, and if they don't then they are on the same level as a spit wading, shit throwing child.
Re: 1439-What Children Notice
May 24, 2006
My little cousin said something similar to me for the same reason, LTC. If it's not something they see normally, they'll most always question it, even if it's not exactly polite to do so. In any case, I'm sure the child was not intending to make you feel bad.
May 24, 2006
Exactly. I was always taught to never look at the "shell" of a person and NEVER comment. If I made a comment as a kid that anyone was "ugly" or the usual kid stuff, my mom would always say, "Just remember that at any moment, something could happen to you that would permanently change the way you look."
Sherz
May 24, 2006
About the pet suggestion--Cats are great in an apartment setting! smiling smileysmiling smiley
May 24, 2006
"Kids are about as deep as a wad of spit, and as tactful as a monkey throwing shit."

Agreed.

And here is the crux of the matter:

"If I made a comment as a kid that anyone was "ugly" or the usual kid stuff, my mom would always say, "Just remember that at any moment, something could happen to you that would permanently change the way you look."

This is because KFLL had A PARENT in her life.

Dog damn, this whole subject gets on my last nerve. Why? It's because it comes back to POOR PARENTING.

Yeah, kids may notice something different about someone, but that doesn't mean they should STARE or MAKE COMMENTS. Instead of using these opportunities as a TEACHING MOMENT, Breeders just gush how their keedz are so brilliant and observant. It's because the parents are fucking lazy and dumb as dirt.

KFLL, my mom told me the same thing because it's TRUE. Don't make fun or stare at people because of how they look because it could be you someday and it's NOT POLITE. But do Breeders do this? No.

An acquaintence of mine, who is a Breeder extraordinaire, told me about how her daughter saw a man with a tracheotomy. Breedzilla went on and on about how Snotleigh was fascinated and kept starting at the man because "she'd never seen anything like that before." Breedzilla even said something like, "Poor Snotleigh. She just didn't know what to do!"

MY. HEAD. FUCKING. EXPLODED and I wanted to bitch-slap her into next month. Her kid didn't know what to do because Breedzilla is a sorry-ass parent.

The point here isn't that the man traumatized Snotleigh. It's that this man is trying to go about his business WITHOUT THE RUDE STARING.
But how this man feels never crossed Breedzilla's mind.

I have so many examples. When I was still married to my ex, I was friendly with my massage therapist and I spent some time with her kids. My ex had severe acne scarring. He finally got Accutane when it came on the market, but it was too late to prevent scarring. My MT's kid, who was about 12 at the time, asked my ex why his face was scarred. When he told her, she said, "You should have used hydrogen peroxide on your face. That keeps you from having zits."

Anyone who has ever had acne knows that it's not a problem of having dirty skin. But hey, not when you are a 12 year old know-it-all! It really pisses me off when brats with no life experience act as if they know everything and their parents let them get away with it because they are so intelligent or brilliant. No, they aren't. They are snotty little brats who haven't lived. They don't know SHIT and they are annoying as hell.

When I was a kid, never in a million years would I have been able to address an adult like that. NEVER. My mom beat manners into me, and you know what? I'm glad she did. I ended up being a compassionate, thinking human being.

It's a pity hardly anyone else is raising people who THINK before they speak.

CF Scorpio
May 24, 2006
The kid probably has never seen acne before but is familiar with the unpleasantness of mosquito bites. She probably thought she was being sympathetic by trying to talk to you about it.

I don't blame the kid; I blame the parents. Obviously no one has taught her that it's rude to comment on people's appearance or medical conditions.

And yeah, maybe adults also noticed your zits. Big deal. Every adult has had zits and knows they will go away an a few days, so I'm sure no one thought any less of you for having them.
May 24, 2006
About the pet search - go to a local animal shetler, don't buy from a dog or cat pet store. Those animals come from mills where the parents are bred and bred then thrown away like yesterday's garbage. Rats also make WONDERFUL pets if you are looking for a caged animal. I've had dozens as pets, they are fantastic. Small dogs make good apartment pets: terriers and toys especially. Poodle mixes, silkie mixes, chihuahua mixes, etc., are all good choices.
May 24, 2006
I suffer from zits, too. Backin high school I had the kind that leave a scar, and had to go on accutane. It helped, but I still get some really bad zits.

lab mom
sprogless
May 24, 2006
I'd have to agree with Scorpio. The kid probably meant no offense, but the parents failed to teach her any discretion. Adults are no better. I used to have really bad acne, and it was the rude adults who would comment on it. Unfortunately, treatment is very expensive, and is usually on- going. There is a cream that minimizes scarring, it's called Tazorac. This stuff is amazing! It's like Mederma for acne- prone skin. A lot of the new topicals are as effective as Accutane for moderate to severe acne, and they don't have the dangerous side- effects. They even work on deep, cystic acne.
Denise
May 24, 2006
This same thing goes for brats noticing your weight, too. There's this horrible commercial here for a weight loss drug that says,'If a 5 year old tells you you're fat, it's cos you ARE.' Nothing about how a freakin' 5 year old shouldn't even be COMMENTING.
May 24, 2006
if an adult tells you that your a little stupid rugrat, its coz you are.

if a kid was always allowed to speak its mind then, most of them would be killed. whatever happened to respecting your elders, and silence is golden, if some kid came upto me and said that, i would say, its non of your business how i live my life. and that i think your a remarkable ugly kid. if they can say that am sure we can say it to them.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sherz
May 24, 2006
This really does basically come down to manners. I've seen a rapid decline in manners among children in the past 15 years. When I was a kid I was expected to behave at home and in public, but ESPECIALLY in public. If I had made a rude comment to any adult, I would have been punished. There used to be this thing called an ass whipping, and my dad was pretty good at administering one! Parents used to think their children were a reflection of their parenting skills. Now they seem to think their proof of parenting skills is when their child is noticed. I really do believe in the old maxim, "Children should be seen and not heard." If I want to hear a sprog's opinion, I'll asked the damn sprog for it.
When I taught, I noticed the kids always had something to say about what you were wearing or how you looked. They always ask questions that are too personalbecause no one has ever told them not to.
May 25, 2006
I've seen this too, Sherz. I had kids ask me how much money I make, do I own my own home, do I pay all my own bills and once a kid came out of no where at a pumpkin patch a few years ago and said to me, "My mom's on welfare to pay for all of us, do you have any kids?" How charming.

My father used to tell us "What you see here and hear here stays here." And we were ALWAYS expected to behave in public and be respectful to everyone.
CF Uter
May 31, 2006
I am always surprised when my ILs allow my neice to insult my hubby's teeth.

Everytime we are together she says something out loud and insulting about them and the moos do nothing. She is 9-10 now. At that age, I knew better to say something like that at a family party especially to an adult.

She is grossly over weight. Not that I want to make her feel bad, but she should learn to respect her elders and all people, especially her family. I fight the urge to politely say, Bratlina, that is not nice, how would you like it if someone said your hair was ugly, or face was ugly, or you were fat. But, I sit there in silence, b/c I don't want to be the only one disciplining the children when the moos don't.

I'm a wimp.
May 31, 2006
How incredibily sad. My in-laws taught their kids to NEVER pick on or make fun of other people and the way they look. Which is sweet.

lab mom
May 31, 2006
If the assshit parents fail to teach and raise their kids properly, it's not the kids fault for not knowing any better. It's the parents who should be spanked.

lab mom
bell_flower Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Kids are about as deep as a wad of spit, and as
> tactful as a monkey throwing shit."
>
> Agreed.
>
> And here is the crux of the matter:
>
> "If I made a comment as a kid that anyone was
> "ugly" or the usual kid stuff, my mom would always
> say, "Just remember that at any moment, something
> could happen to you that would permanently change
> the way you look."
>
> This is because KFLL had A PARENT in her life.
>
> Dog damn, this whole subject gets on my last
> nerve. Why? It's because it comes back to POOR
> PARENTING.
>
> *****Yeah, kids may notice something different about
> someone, but that doesn't mean they should STARE
> or MAKE COMMENTS.**** Instead of using these
> opportunities as a TEACHING MOMENT, Breeders just
> gush how their keedz are so brilliant and
> observant. It's because the parents are fucking
> lazy and dumb as dirt.
>
> KFLL, my mom told me the same thing because it's
> TRUE. Don't make fun or stare at people because
> of how they look because it could be you someday
> and it's NOT POLITE. But do Breeders do this?
> No.
>
> An acquaintence of mine, who is a Breeder
> extraordinaire, told me about how her daughter saw
> a man with a tracheotomy. Breedzilla went on and
> on about how Snotleigh was fascinated and kept
> starting at the man because "she'd never seen
> anything like that before." Breedzilla even said
> something like, "Poor Snotleigh. She just didn't
> know what to do!"
>
> MY. HEAD. FUCKING. EXPLODED and I wanted to
> bitch-slap her into next month. Her kid didn't
> know what to do because Breedzilla is a sorry-ass
> parent.
>
> The point here isn't that the man traumatized
> Snotleigh. It's that this man is trying to go
> about his business WITHOUT THE RUDE STARING.
> But how this man feels never crossed Breedzilla's
> mind.
>
> I have so many examples. When I was still married
> to my ex, I was friendly with my massage therapist
> and I spent some time with her kids. My ex had
> severe acne scarring. He finally got Accutane
> when it came on the market, but it was too late to
> prevent scarring. My MT's kid, who was about 12
> at the time, asked my ex why his face was scarred.
> When he told her, she said, "You should have used
> hydrogen peroxide on your face. That keeps you
> from having zits."
>
> Anyone who has ever had acne knows that it's not a
> problem of having dirty skin. But hey, not when
> you are a 12 year old know-it-all! It really
> pisses me off when brats with no life experience
> act as if they know everything and their parents
> let them get away with it because they are so
> intelligent or brilliant. No, they aren't. They
> are snotty little brats who haven't lived. They
> don't know SHIT and they are annoying as hell.
>
> When I was a kid, never in a million years would I
> have been able to address an adult like that.
> NEVER. My mom beat manners into me, and you know
> what? I'm glad she did. I ended up being a
> compassionate, thinking human being.
>
> It's a pity hardly anyone else is raising people
> who THINK before they speak.
>
>
>
>
>
>

BINGO! Case in point: ME: I am a large black woman who sports a large, black curly afro living in a medium-sized, predominantly white city with not all, but quite a few, white, passive-aggressive, prejudice-under-the-skin-but-will-smile-in-your-face-to-make-nice, phony-asses with their fucked up little kids who like to stare and call me names. "*GASP!!* MOOOMY......LOOK AT THE BIG BLACK LADY!! SHE'S COMING MY WAY!!!!! EEEEK!!" Mostly, they just stare...as if they've never seen a black person before in real life except on T.V. or while watching a movie. Bree-duhs need to learn how to teach kids to control that shit. I get so sick of folks wanting me to excuse what little Snotleigh and Diaperlyee said or did because "THEY'RE KYYYYYDSSS." BULL-FUCKIN'-COCK-SHIT. They're kids with brains that can be TAUGHT HOW TO BE POLITE.
May 31, 2006
Breeders are racist and prejudice of the worst kind. sad smiley

Some day, VLM, those assshit kids will have whats commin' at 'em. Cause, ya know, paybacks are a major bitch!
winking smiley

lab mom
Well, as someone else wrote, I blame the bree-duhs. They are responsible for teaching their kids right from wrong. Kids learn by example, and if moomy and daddy are part of the KKK or call folks of other cultures racist names, the kids will pick it up immediately and start to imitate the bree-duh's behavior.

I believe the parents will reap the bad karma, but after kyds reach a certain age to know better, then it will come back on them.
June 01, 2006
I remember my stupid bitch cousin Caroline saying "Look at that dirty lady!" when she saw a black woman on the bus. Though I do believe my equally stupid aunt told her it was rude to say that. At least her moo said something instead of letting her get away with it.
Nour
June 02, 2006
Once I was in the lobby of Planned Parenthood, and this little girl was sitting on her dad's (?) lap. The little girl was very quiet. The dad says to her, "Your momma says you said a bad word." The little girl is still quiet. She looked a little scared, too. (This guy did look pretty menacing.) "Did you say a bad word?" he asks her. Little girl says nothing. "Your momma said you said the "b" word, sounds like "itch." (I assumed he was referring to some earlier incident.) A couple minutes later, a woman comes in from outside (I guess she was the baby momma). The couple starts talking. I swear I'm not making this up:

Moo: "I tried calling Veronica, but that bitch ain't home... fuck.
Duh: "Shit. Unintelligable words... motherfucka. More unintelligable words."
Moo: "Where is that bitch?"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I felt so sorry for that little girl.

June 02, 2006
Trashy breeders learn their swear words so young. It's a cycle that constantly repeats itself.

lab mom
Nour Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Once I was in the lobby of Planned Parenthood, and
> this little girl was sitting on her dad's (?) lap.
> The little girl was very quiet. The dad says to
> her, "Your momma says you said a bad word." The
> little girl is still quiet. She looked a little
> scared, too. (This guy did look pretty menacing.)
> "Did you say a bad word?" he asks her. Little girl
> says nothing. "Your momma said you said the "b"
> word, sounds like "itch." (I assumed he was
> referring to some earlier incident.) A couple
> minutes later, a woman comes in from outside (I
> guess she was the baby momma). The couple starts
> talking. I swear I'm not making this up:
>
> Moo: "I tried calling Veronica, but that bitch
> ain't home... fuck.
> Duh: "Shit. Unintelligable words... motherfucka.
> More unintelligable words."
> Moo: "Where is that bitch?"
>
>
> I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I felt so
> sorry for that little girl.
>
>

Like I wrote, kids learn and imitate what they SEE AND HEAR, so if that little girl did say bitch, um, guess where she got it from? DUMB-ASS DUHD! So sad. sad smiley
June 03, 2006
or dumb ass MOO, said it, or one of the soaps she watched. swearing isnt just a males province

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.