Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Post #1439

Posted by CJ 
CJ
Post #1439
May 29, 2006
Hi, leaning toward CF.

I've been mulling over your post for a couple days. It seems to me that anyone who calls attention to your acne, must have some serious doubts about her/his own looks. I've been in your place, dear; acne is damned hard to get rid of. Just do your best with it, and try to ignore the idiots.

Take care.
leaning toward childfree
Re: Post #1439
May 30, 2006
Thanks. I've been on accutane and that didn't help.

You know what does though--organic facial soap. Lush cleared my skin like no other. It is fantastic.
Anonymous User
May 30, 2006
How horrible. I would never do that, even to someone I don't really like. I know I've gone through appearance issues in the past (i.e., "that's just a little baby fat on your belly" [it was mostly the effect of an antidepressant - Paxil - causing a little weight gain at the time], an acquaintance told me at the pool one day a few years ago). I let comments like that really get to me and affect how I feel about myself, even though I shouldn't. I'd had a bit of liquor in me and said something like "Oh, f*ck off". Not the most classy response on my part, but I get defensive sometimes. Something to work on.
Biblioninja
June 28, 2006
Honestly, it isn't your acne, it's the fact that kids are stupid. My best friend has had cystic acne since she was a child. Because of medication and a stringent skin care program, she usually only has a few facial blemishes at any given time. The bad part is that she is an elementary school art teacher. Many's the time I've had to comfort her because the kids that she teaches will draw pictures of her and include her acne. It's not meant to be mean - They just don't know any better. Kids don't know enough about tact OR biology to realize that commenting on acne is just dumb. As adults, I think most of us don't even really see acne when we look at people. DF, in fact, has really horrible acne all the time on his cheeks and forehead, but when I met him I never even noticed because I couldn't get past his beautiful gray-green eyes. smiling smiley
June 28, 2006
parents should be teaching them not to insult others, they wouldnt like it if the kids came up to a chinese/lao/vietnamese guy and say you got slanty eyes.. or yellow skin.. whats the difference between comments like those and comments about acne, or being fat..

parents should be teaching them to be nice, and see people as people rather and different

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sherz
June 28, 2006
Parents seem to forget what rude is. Little Bratford is sooo observant in noticing someone's acne, and notice how expressive, and creative his speech is while asking about it.

I've had students ask me really personal questions. I would usually ignore them and tell them to get back to work, or that whatever they wanted to know wasn't their business, and that it is impolite to ask a teacher personal questions.
June 30, 2006
LeaningTowardChildfree, Arbonne has a really good acne line. A friend of mine has been using it with success for a while now.

www.arbonne.com

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.