Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1471 - Memorial Day is for the kids

Posted by sprogless 
sprogless
1471 - Memorial Day is for the kids
May 29, 2006
That statement is an insult to each and every veteran. One goddamn day out of the whole year to honor these men & women, and some asshole has to cheapen it by saying something stupid like that. Nothing is sacred, anymore. Can't these breeder- brained choadlers forget about the damned kids for one fucking day?!
Bull-fucking-shit that Memorial Day is for the brats!

It is for veterans who served in the armed forces, to remember those who are lost and those who have served their country.

Useless fucking breeders have to usurp everything.
Re: Memorial Day is for the kids
May 29, 2006
I thought I was being a pill when I inwardly was thinking bad of the barbeque at the main complex pool with the clubhouse party. It was all about the sprogs swimming and making noise while the adults drank booze and ate hamburgers. I had a low-key day. I went to my recovery meeting where we did mention our veterans and those in the military before our closing prayer. I did sit by the pool by the office since it was quiet and then took a nap. I know none of that is honoring the men and women who fought for our freedom but I would rather do that than be at the mall for Memorial Day sales or part of some party that is about sating the senses.
May 29, 2006
your honouring them in your own quiet way,

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
May 29, 2006
Thank-you... smiling smiley
Um, NO, it's not. It's about people like my father, grandfather, his father, and his father before him that have fought for our freedom, not the spoiled, clueless, medication-addled kids of today who haven't a clue about what Memorial Day really is. Who or where the hell did the paper pluck that piece of fine journalism from?
Anonymous User
May 29, 2006
I always put my head between my knees from snapping when it's Veteran's or Memorial Day in the States. I'm used to Remembrance Day (the Canadian holiday on November 11) being the most serious and somber day of the year. It's a day of quiet reflection, everyone wears black with their red poppies in their lapels and most people go to a service of some sort, they have religious and non-religious ones. In Flander's Fields is always read, and Taps is always played, and the day always seems to be a fitting grey, cold day.

I just get so irked about the whole American "kid's day" thing and the sales, the BBQs, the "rah rah America" war movies on TV, and I even heard of some people letting off fireworks. Ack. Wrong. My grandfather, who had been a photojournalist in WWII (Juno Beach on D-Day, Italy, Northern Africa) lived in Winsor, Ontario and always complained about the shit that the Americans would put on at Rememberance Day over in Detroit. He lost a lot of friends in the war, and he didn't want people glorifying the hell of war. Bleh, it pisses me off too, my family has a strong military background (aside from my Grandpa, my great-grandfather was in the British navy, and my uncle was a blue-beret in Cyprus). Glorifying war is wrong, it's not something to hold a sale, have a BBQ, and take the brats on a vacation for.
Meant to add my Memorial Day post to another one further down. Sorry about that mixup. This wine - it's making me a little loopy already.
May 29, 2006
I almost started crying a minute ago when an announcer on a TV show asked us to think of how our freedom is not free and to remember the sacrifices that others made & continue to make for us. I may not have agreed with all of the wars but do support the troops knowing that these brave men & women are living in situations that we cannot even begin to fathom. Yet, the jerks were out there barbequing and being drunk today with their loud kids.

My late-grandpa was in WWII and the Korean War. Especially the last war was a major sacrifice. His marriage to my grandmother ended shortly after Korea and he gave up on going to law school. Grandpa was proud to have served his country but I know he dealt with PTSD. One time when I was a little girl, I went into his room in the morning to ask for my cereal. He was having this dream of war and told me to get away from the propeller. He was a commander fighter pilot for the Navy.
May 29, 2006
I have a long line of veterans in my family. I have one great uncle who was in Vietnam. It was bad enough during his time (in 'Nam) that they protested, but now we don't need to be pushing this holiday aside and forgeting about it. (Memorial Day) It's not like the kids fought for OUR freedoms.
Fucking breeders. Maybe they ought to be living in Vietnam. (Sorry Vietnamese! (or North Korea, Iraq, or Afghanistan) Dog Damn that just boils my water!

Mercurior, you are SO right! Thank you. smiling smiley

Also, to our allies, (that means England, too) thank your service men and women. and veterans. Bless their hearts.

lab mom
May 29, 2006
What the fuck does Memorial Day have to do with sprogs?!

My Grandpa was in the RAF, BTW. I'm so sorry I never got to know him.
Hmmm...there was a Children's Crusade in the Middle Ages. Could those be the "child veterans" they were talking about? LOL
Many people don't *think* for themselves to begin with. And they certainly aren't comprehending what Memorial Day is all about. The media fails to put events in some kind of historical context. So Memorial Day is just another consumer holiday with no real meaning for most people.
Latrodectra
Re: 1471 - Memorial Day is for the kids
May 30, 2006
Fuck that shit!

My grandfather served in WWII as a cargo pilot. He flew The Hump which was a very dangerous route but he would fly it blind in the winter in order to get supplies to the forces over there fighting for our freedom.

So some little snot-monster is more important than my grandfather why? When these spoiled little shits start flying supplies to the troops in Iraq then maybe they'll deserve a part of Memorial day otherwise fuck them! I hate this child worshiping society.

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1733.html
In case you want to read up on The Hump.
Anonymous User
May 30, 2006
It's the American way dontca know to shop until you drop Lady Cooper! Our fearless leader asked us to do it to help fight terrorism. *eye rolling* This country has lost its mind with materilism and self-centeredness.
May 30, 2006
My grandpa's brother (a marine) fought in Guam, Guatalcanal (sp?), and then in Okanowa (sp?) it messed him up pretty bad from what I hear.

He fought so the (then) Japanese wouldn't be over here killing us off. (Remeber hearing about Pearl Harbor? Pretty sad event)

No damn kid in America today EVER has fought like this marine did. Marines train hard, they fight hard. Amen.

lab mom
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.