Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1482 - I *tried* to save the flowers...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
1482 - I *tried* to save the flowers...
May 31, 2006
Yeep! Why did so many question marks show up in my rant?
Did you cut and paste it from an email or a blog or word document? Sometimes the punctuation gets reformatted weirdly when you do that.
Anonymous User
Re: 1482 - I "tried" to save the flowers...
June 01, 2006
I actually did do a copy and paste. My PC was moving really slow after I hit "post", so I clicked on stop and then blocked/copied the entire post, reloaded the page, and then tried it again. I'll bet that's what happened. I didn't even think of that. Thanks!
Re: 1482 - I *tried* to save the flowers...
June 01, 2006
About the flowers: those two stupid kids probably thought they were being kyooooot.
June 01, 2006
Unfortunetly that is the case, Medusa. Those kids are used to getting shit loads of attention. If they don't get all that attention, they'll probaly throw a whopper temper tantrum.

lab mom
Anonymous User
June 01, 2006
At least I saved some of the flora and fauna and intimidated the kids out of there. I just hope the elderly man on the sidewalk, where they ended up, didn't get jostled. He was frail anyway He used a motorized scooter in the store. If they had knocked him over, I would've been there in a split-second to give my version of the story. They were those annoying yuppie kids too.

I've noticed kids today are really disrespectful of property. THey trash things that belong to others, and to themselves. A few years ago, I used some of the money I was given from a fundraiser to buy some games for my students to play when we had indoor recess. The first day I took them out for them to use several of the games got ruined. They even ruined the boxes that they were stored in. I went off on them, and NEVER again used money to buy anything entertaining for my students. Few kids today have to work for any of their belongings, so they have no respect for them.
I'm not at all surprised that these brats were ruining the landscaping. It took forever for our lawn to grow because the damn neighborhood kids wouldn't stay off of our property.
I think that part of the reason kids are so disrespectful of other people's property is because they do not value it and they do not expect any consequences for destroying it. Most kids today are handed everything they have: clothes, computers, cars, etc. Their parents pay for everything; the kids pay for nothing. They have never had to save up their money to buy something they wanted. When I was a teen, I worked at McDonald's and earned $3.35 per hour. If I wanted to buy something that cost $20, it took me almost 6 hours of "Welcome to McDonald's, may I take your order please?" to earn it. If I wanted something more expensive, say a tv, I had to work weeks to afford it. Usually, I just saved the money. I wasn't allowed to use a credit card unless I already had the money saved and could pay the charge in full. Having to work for my spending money and save for things I wanted taught me to value the things I bought and to respect the value of other people's things (because I knew they had worked hard for those things). Kids today think that money grows on trees and that material things can easily be replaced (with the help of daddy's credit card). I also think that a lot of kids who are teens now grew up in daycare centers and didn't get a lot of attention from their parents. Even small children know when they are playing second fiddle to mom or dad's career, hobby, etc. and they resent it. Kids need their parents' attention and love, and they don't get it by spending 8+ hours in daycare. They end up being angry, hateful human beings and they probably don't even know why.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.