Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Acne, sprog comments, response to previous post

Posted by LL 
I feel for you. Never posted on Brat Free before- just reading this at 1 a.m. and had to respond. I've had this happen to me many a time, the first time when I was a 13 year old babysitter (wanted to die), and recently at work (wanted to go home)... I am now 33.

I've tried everything but Accutane and laser treatment for my acne. I know it is probably the unspoken reason I'm not promoted, and it just sucks. There is no other reason except what must be personal, off-the-record reasons.
I'm leaning toward CF myself due to other health problems. Just don't see my way past so many hurdles... feel like being a mother will just make me MORE of what I am now, and what I am now is already tired and wrung out. Try to stay strong and keep your chin up. PNBs with any sense will correct their children when rude comments are made, or they should. You have nothing to be ashamed of.
Hi LL. I'm sorry that you are having problems with your acne. You must have some whopper stories about sprogs since you work in a library? At any rate, welcome to the board!
For you people suffering from adult acne. I had some in my early 20's and used essential lavender oil. It works well and has so many other uses as well.

Others use tea tree oil but it never worked on me for acne.

Just my two cents.
Re: Acne, sprog comments, response to previous post
June 02, 2006
I suffer from acne,too.
leaning toward childfree
Re: Acne, sprog comments, response to previous post
June 03, 2006
LL--
I think about not having children because I have depression, and have since I was a child, plus anxiety and ocd. So, we're in the same boat.

Lush products work really well for me, because natural, organic ingrediants don't irratate sensitive skin and they moisturize. My acne is caused by dryness.
Two products I've found to be very effective are Doxycycline 100mg once per day, and MetroGel. You have to see a Derm for a Rx for both, but they work if used as directed. One word of caution with the Doxy - stay out of the sun or use at least spf45 everytime you go out - you'll toast like a lobster if you don't!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.