Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1507 Breeder at the BBQ

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
1507 Breeder at the BBQ
June 05, 2006
Christ, what a mess he's made for himself. What was he thinking? If he's glad one kid is nearly out of the house, now he's got a new loaf to raise. And at 46, he's got a long road ahead of him. Wonder how happy he really is about it? 10 bucks says he was oopsed.

When people announce their "news" I always react stone-faced and try to be busy doing something else. If I didn't, I'd want to grab them by the throat and scream, "Nice going! Your're life is ruined you dumbass!!!!" and I doubt that would go over very well.

You'll have to keep us posted from time to time with updates of the unfolding disaster about to take place. Tell your friend to strap in, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!!!!!
CF 4 Ever
Re: 1507 Breeder at the BBQ
June 05, 2006
I'll try to keep you posted, KidFree. This BBQ was a lot of fun, but then once this 'announcement' was made, the conversion quickly descended into Breederville Hell. A great BBQ conversation about sports, current events, etc, turned into a nauseating conversation about skools, little leeg, dipers, how baybee will look just like daddie, and all things BAYBEE. --BARF--. I wandered away from the conversation for a while, because, like most other CFs, I sensed a definite disconnect at that moment. It's amazing how quickly society's norms about breeding can make a CFer suddenly feel like an alien. Boy, do I need more CF friends!
Anonymous User
June 05, 2006
Some guys will do ANYTHING to have a young trophy wife. This guy is a fool, and no doubt he will live to regret his actions.
Nour
June 05, 2006
This fool will be in his 60s and will have to deal with a teen-ager! A vasectomy would have the answer. But I guess he wasn't man enough to do that. Or like a lot of other people who don't think they have a choice, maybe he didn't even think of that. DUMB.
June 05, 2006
How do you all react to baby news? Have any interesting reactions?
Just curious. I'm attending 3 weddings this summer (1 of a commited child free couple! - unfortunately I'm sick of weddings already and haven't been to one yet), 1 new baby event and a family reunion this summer. I will undoubtedly be deluged with baby news and bingos.

My general reaction when I get baby news is to ask "how do you feel about that?"(because that's what I'm really curious about) or just say "that will be an experience for you" depending on who it's coming from.
June 05, 2006
Thankfully, when my dh and I attented a wedding recently, we were fortune NOT to get bingoed. Phew! Actually, we met another childfree couple, which was pretty sweet. They'll definitly be our friends. Thank God!

I hate it when someone gets pregnant or just has a baby, b/c then all breeders do is talk about that sh!t. AS IF they don't know how to talk about anything else. Breeders suck. That dude will be f*cked for another 18 years. It sucks to be him. He definitly should of gotten that snip.

My brother didn't want any kiddos yet, (for 2 years) but his fiance went ahead and "oopsed" him to trap him into marriage. Well, he got married alright to a backstabbing b!tch.

Damnit men, (or women) if you don't want any yet, take precautions (other than condoms) to make sure it DOESN'T HAPPEN! Before your life is f*cked.

lab mom
June 05, 2006
Also, when someone gets pregnant or has a baby, the bingoes than just start flying. Damnit. Just what a childfree person needs. Total bullshit.

lab mom
Anonymous User
June 05, 2006
When someone makes a huge deal about getting pregnant, I want to say "Yeah, yeah, yeah -- wild pigs have been doing it in the woods for millenia. Big effin' accomplishment." One of these days, I'm going to have too much wine and it's going to come out. smiling smiley
June 06, 2006
When my former best friend told me she was knocked up, I said: "This is a joke, right?"

Nope, it was an "accident". I didn't speak to her again until about a year later.

There is NO WAY I will congratulate someone on wrecking their life. Give me a REAL accomplishment instead of something any cat or dog can do.
June 06, 2006
i would say in a totally emotionless voice, oh good, then walk away

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 06, 2006
Feh, when I hear "babyee news" such as, "We're having a baybee" I usually reply, "Oh! Really!" and just smile, nod my head and look for a quick exit.

The only baybee showers I attend are ones that will have people in attendance I haven't seen in a long time and would like to visit with for a while. I make my rounds, hand over the gift and leave early, usually with a convenient excuse such as, "I have to go into work for a while."
June 06, 2006
I am sick of all showers be they bridal or baby. Why isn't it enough to just get a present for the actual event? Why don't the guys have to buy presents for the bachelor shower and do the manly version of playing stupid games and eating tiny food off tiny plates? Why do they only have to go out drinking? Even when there's booze, and involves both genders, why are they always so boring?!
Nour
June 06, 2006
I respond like KFLL does. "Oh! Really..." Smiling works wonders when I don't want to say much/don't know what to say. I'm usually a good actress, but it's hard to fake enthusiasm for a baybee.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.