Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Humanitarians" & Showing Off

Posted by india_darshan 
Re: "Humanitarians" & Showing Off
June 21, 2006
Guest, I also like to giveaway things I no longer use or need. At the local pagan store, there is a free basket where I drop off books, magazines, tarot cards, or sterling jewelry I no longer wear. I also give clothing that the pagan community would enjoy. I have picked up some cool things from the Free Basket as well.

A friend of mine, who is now in India, has given me clothing that I enjoy and still wear to this day. Second-hand rocks. I am not so sure about the used upholstered furniture after reading some things. I had to rethink that issue... :nerd

Hippie Christmas sounds great! Pretty much that is what my friend in India and I do. She should be back by next April. I love finding used clothing since the stuff is way more unique than the mall-bought crap. I admit that I enjoy Hot Topic but only for clearance. I do like the "One World" brand t-shirts at Macy*s. Again...the shirts must be on major-clearance for me to think of buying retail.
June 21, 2006
My friends and I do clothing swap parties a couple times a year. We collect the old clothes around our homes that we don't wear any more, gather together with a few bottles of wine, lay out the clothes and pick out what we like. Then we have a big ol' fashion show where we try on the clothes and tell each other how they look. All the stuff that no one takes gets donated to the thrift store, and we all end up having a great time.
June 22, 2006
That sounds so cool, Feh! Yay!
June 22, 2006
Anjolie is a show off of how 'dumb' she is. So all she has is her looks, that can only get you so far...

lab mom
June 23, 2006
So true, Water Lily! If Ange looked like Rosie O'Donnell, I doubt she would get all of that press.
Anonymous User
June 23, 2006
india_darshan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So true, Water Lily! If Ange looked like Rosie
> O'Donnell, I doubt she would get all of that
> press.

So true! And doesn't Rosie have something like four adopted kids? Yet it was never as big a deal when she adopted them, as it was for both of Ange's adoptions, and now the birthing of the Almighty Brad Pitt Spawn.

Along the lines of "new vs. used" stuff, I saw soomething on TV that annoyed me. A local TV station was doing a children's book drive, which is a great thing...anything that promotes reading for kids is fine with me! But they were asking only for donations of brand-NEW books.

What if a family had a pile of USED books that their kids had outgrown? Would these be accepted? I'm not talking about books that are dirty, torn and ragged, but gently-used books. Why can't they say *new or gently used*?

June 23, 2006
Donations requesting BRAND NEW anything piss me off to no end. Who the hell do they think they are giving this stuff to, anyway? Beggars can't be choosers and the lazy, slack-jawed bastards should be happy for anything they can get for FREE for their kyyds. Either that or stop breeding and get out and get a damned job.

I'd rather spend my money buying NEW stuff to donate to the animal shelters.
June 23, 2006
Wow, I can't believe the nerve of some people! "Brand new"? How about you get NOTHING, you ungrateful bastard?!

I'm totally leaving all my stuff to an animal shelter when I die.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.