Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1553 Dead Babies

Posted by CF VTer 
CF VTer
1553 Dead Babies
June 14, 2006
That's waaaaaaay too creepy. The one with the wedding bands around the toes? Eiw!

I guess I'll never get it... It just popped out. How much could you really miss it? Go make another one, or be happy that you dodged the proverbial bullet!

Snark
Sherz
Re: 1553 Dead Babies
June 14, 2006
Wow, I found this like a car wreck that I couldn't help looking at. I agree with Feh. THis has to be ultra disturbing to the other siblings. I guess different people greive differently, but I couldn't participate in something like this. One of the mothers said she used one of the pictures on the birth/bereavement announcements. It would freak me out to get a dead baby picture in the mail. This made me think of my paternal grandmother. She would take pictures of her relatives in the casket at the viewing. I was about 7, visiting her and picked up the phota album off of the coffee table to look at. I was completely creeped out seeing all of my dead relatives!!!
June 14, 2006
bad joke warning.. i had a look too, and i instantly thought of the dead baby jokes. how many dead babies does it take to make a website? hundreds

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 14, 2006
There was a Victorian and early american tradition of memorial photography. However, I think this was more a function of the fact that photography was quite new, difficult to perform and probably quite expensive. Most people didn't have pictures of themselves or their loved ones while they were alive, and it was an easy way to have a physical remberance of a beloved family member. I think this probably came to an end when it became easier for the "common man" to take photos.

Check out...
http://www.wisconsindeathtrip.com/
http://xroads.virginia.edu/%7EMA04/hess/Emmeline/opening.html

Nour
June 14, 2006
This was under the testimonials section:
***My husband and I are dedicated Christians, who firmly believes that God is sovereign and has built women and "myself" to conceive, grow and birth babies beautifully.*** GAG

June 14, 2006
Braindead uterus on legs. I like to think I'm worth a lot more than that, sorry.

Fucking crap, those pictures are disgusting. Those people have no shame - as well as no respect for others and no self-respect. Gross.
CFScorpio
June 15, 2006
Nour Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ***My husband and I are dedicated Christians, who
> firmly believes that God is sovereign and has
> built women and "myself" to conceive, grow and
> birth babies beautifully.*** GAG
>
Uh, okay...then why did you have a miscarriage, you dumb Fundie?

Sheila
June 15, 2006
I've worked at law firms for years. One of my prior employers did a lot of defense work for hospitals in the Valley (South Texas) where lots of babies were born anencephalic (without their forebrains).

The majority of the affected population was Hispanic and taking pictures with the dead was a routine occurrence down there.

We also had several lawsuits where black children (of all ages) died and again, taking pictures with the dead was a common occurrence.

I can only guess the entity taking these pictures shoots them in a location like South Texas where this is common and has made a niche for themselves.

June 15, 2006
Oh there's several volunteer photographers in many different states. I thikf or the most part, the photos are taken in the hospitals where the children died. These are memorial photos for the family's personal use, as opposed to for law suits.
CF VTer
June 15, 2006
CFScorpio Wrote:
> Uh, okay...then why did you have a miscarriage,
> you dumb Fundie?

Stop that! You'll confuse her with all that logic stuff! smiling smiley
Sheila
June 15, 2006
>> These are memorial photos for the family's personal use, as opposed to for law suits.

Yep and those memorial photos get produced in lawsuit so the families can show just how devastating this all is so our clients will be persuaded to cough up the big bucks.
June 16, 2006
Cry me a river. Just another way the moos and duhs are looking for attention and sympathy. I'm sure in no time they'll have the cross off their backs and will be knocked up again.

A friend I used to have lost a baybee; it was born 4 months premature. She actually had his portrait taken and mailed it to about 50 friends and family along with an announcement of sorts. It was the most disturbing thing I've ever seen. When I opened the envelope and looked at the picture, I literally jumped - out of shock - and dropped the picture.

She's still really fucked up.
gail
June 17, 2006
Really enjoyed this site. I agree with previous writer-it brought to mind a number of dead baby jokes (What's pink and lies at the bottom of a pool? Dead Baby. What's green and lies at the bottom of a pool? Same baby three days later). What a great little money earner this one must be!
June 17, 2006
Ewwwww, KFLL! What a sicko! I'd be traumatized for life if someone sent me that. Have they no shame?
June 17, 2006
These x-tian fundies are just pathedic. They're probaly catholic.

lab mom
Sherz
June 20, 2006
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> Cry me a river. Just another way the moos and
> duhs are looking for attention and sympathy. I'm
> sure in no time they'll have the cross off their
> backs and will be knocked up again.
>
> A friend I used to have lost a baybee; it was born
> 4 months premature. She actually had his portrait
> taken and mailed it to about 50 friends and family
> along with an announcement of sorts. It was the
> most disturbing thing I've ever seen. When I
> opened the envelope and looked at the picture, I
> literally jumped - out of shock - and dropped the
> picture.
>
> She's still really fucked up.

I'll bet she wouldn't be so fucked up if she hadn't dwelled on it so much. I'm a real "out of sight, out of mind" person. If I had miscarried, the last thing in the world I would want would be to see whatever dripped out of me.
Anonymous User
June 21, 2006
I have more respect for my cats than these nutjobs have for their dead sprogs.

Several years ago, we had to have our Mister Bill kitty euthanized. He was very sick, and there was nothing any vet could do to save him.

We were there when it was done, and we were allowed to spend time with him afterwards. I was crying and bawling and caressing a dead cat...and I felt NO desire to take pictures and post them on the internet. The whole idea just never occurred to me!

We had him cremated, and we had his ashes put into a nice little wooden urn, with a metal plate with his name engraved on it. The urn has a place to put a picture, and I put in a nice picture of him when he was alive.

In my case, I did have pictures of Mister Bill when he was alive, and I realize that some of these people never saw their children alive. But it's still disgusting to post dead baby pics on the internet.
Anonymous User
June 21, 2006
Aww looki at cutie babebeee tickle,tickle... Sick. Catmommy, when my American Staffordshire Terrier was hit by a car and I had to have her put down, I did NOT want the last picture I'd ever had of her was of her dead. These "people" are beyond the pale. Mr. T: I pitty tha fools
June 21, 2006
Breeders mostly "dwell" on the miscarriages of would 'have been' there sprogs. Just pathedic. I've seen this more than once. I agree, however, on the "cry me a river" part. It's called, GET OVER IT YOU DUMB CUNT MOO.

lab mom
June 22, 2006
I know this is a rant room, and the nature of ranting can sometimes be a little over the top but Wowie wow wow...some of y'all kind of just blew my mind. So folks who lose children shouldn't grieve "too much"? Or should only grieve for a short amount of time? Like they aren't already going to be strongly attached to it before it comes out? I mean, yes, I generally see babies as a collection of unwanted cells, but I would certianly hope that parents who actually want children don't feel this way. I would expect a parent would indeed feel a great deal of loss when their child dies and might indeed have a pretty difficult time dealing with it. I know I would be pretty much devistated if the person I love the most died.

I had glorious grey cat named Deacon adopt me, and was seriously the Best. Cat. Ever. He'd always greet me at the door with his hoarse meow, loved my lap more than anyone elses, would sleep on my head in the winter, and was seriously the most adorable begger I've ever seen. He loved being petted, played with and held. He was the softest, fluffiest , most strking cat I've ever experienced. About 18 months ago he (at about 19 years old) suddenly got very sick and as a result had to be euthanized as there was nothing we could do. I had my hand on him, and felt his last breath. I was a complete wreck for several weeks afterwards, and to this day I have a hard time thinking about him without getting choked up. I have no desire to have a hard copy reminder of what he looked like upon his death, it's burned into my memory.

While I personally may think it's Very Poor Taste to take pictures of the dead, send them to other people without any sort of warning, or to post them on the internet, or make your loved one's death into a public spectical of any sort...I do not think it is right or decent to say that any parent is milking the loss of their child for "excessive sympathy" (whatever that means), belittle people who seem to be inconsolable over their loss, or that folks who can't seem to get over the loss of their children are bad people. Losing someone, human OR animal, close to you WILL ALWAYS SUCK harder than anything you've ever known, and everyone should be able to do that in anyway they feel works for them. But hey, that's just me.

gail
June 22, 2006
I think the point is that these are NOT children-they are little more than fetuses (and in some cases they are just that). The song and dance that accompanies the demise of such these infants these days is no more than an attention getting, poor me phenomenon. Whilst some disappointment may be reasonable, to carry on as though these infants possessed any of the characteristics of more developed human beings is just another example of the mass hysteria that seems to accompany anything to do with preganancy, birth, and stillborns. Like the writer above said, cry me a river.
June 22, 2006
the problem is there are people who are so obsessed with grief and suffering they love to wallow in it, the other year, in liverpool, there was something they thought was a miscarried baby, they took it to the hospital to test it was a dead chicken, but people were leaving teddy bears and flowers to this poor little child. Thats the problem, its a grief culture,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4372230.stm

Flowers and tributes were left in an alleyway where the body of a mystery dead baby was found - before police realised it was only a chicken foetus.
A member of the public discovered the remains in a back alley in the Anfield area of Liverpool.

Police cordoned off the scene but soon realised that it was not a human but a chicken foetus.

Well-wishers had laid more than a dozen bunches of flowers at the scene, along with cards and teddy bears.

Local gossip

One of the cards read: "RIP Little Baby. Safe in the arms of Jesus. From someone who is a loving mother xxxx."

Merseyside Police told the community on Monday to "stop grieving, it's only a chicken".

A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police said: "It seems a member of the public saw the remains of a foetus, which possibly resembled a human foetus, and called us.

"We cordoned off the area to investigate, as we would with any possible suspicious death, but it became apparent it was not a human foetus.

"The flowers and cards are obviously the result of local gossip, but we can assure people that the remains were not human."

Conservative MP and editor of The Spectator Boris Johnson was criticised last year after commenting in the magazine that Liverpudlians were "hooked on grief".

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 22, 2006
I agree, Mercurior. It's like on the news when they always have to point out that a pwecious kyd got hurt or died, and adults just get ignored (or barely mentioned). And I'm like: so fucking what? Would it have been better if it had been an elderly person? What the fuck does it MATTER how old a person is? Why does it make it more tragic? A life is a life, period!
June 22, 2006
You have a good point Feh. mercurior, & medusa I agree with you both.

lab mom
June 23, 2006
The creepy thing about the friend I mentioned is that this child of hers died over 7 years ago. Since then she has had 2 daughters, both of whom she talks to about, and they are familiar with, "big brother Evan."

She talks about him to the family as if he is a real person, just away on vacation or something weird like that.

My ex-inlaws live next door to these people and have told me in the past that the oldest little girl says she can't wait to meet her brother one day. How fucked up is that?

And yes, these people are the most religious people on the planet.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.