Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1590: Addicted to Breeding

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
#1590: Addicted to Breeding
June 23, 2006
I think it's the ATTENTION they are addicted to. Surely it can't be fun to bloat up for nine months, and then shit out a loaf the size of a watermelon, out a hole the size of a dime. And do it over and over and over again.

I have a very special hatred for anyone who gets snipped, and then decides they want a reversal. This makes it all the more difficult for those who are CF to get it done...the number of vas and tubal reversal sites out there is staggering. Doctors are often afraid of getting sued if they do a sterilization, and later the patient wants a reversal, and the reversal surgery didn't work.

People who get snipped should stay that way. If they MUST have another kid, adopt one...there are plenty of kids out there who need good homes. They should have thought things through BEFORE having it done. If there is even the slightest bit of doubt, DON'T do it.
Re: #1590: Addicted to Breeding
June 23, 2006
I just don't get how anyone would even want to puke their guts out for 3 months, and then get all bloated and full of stretchmarks for the remaining 6 - and then go through the hell of labor. Sorry if it's TMI, but my PMS and period cramps are bad enough, thank you!

And I agree with you about the reversals, Catmommy. Those people were never seriously CF to begin with and give us all a bad name.
DrDanCorelli
June 23, 2006
Being addicted to the attention one normally gets from fellow breeders and their sympathizers is reminiscent of many types of borderline personality disorders listed in the DSM-IV(R). Most of the symptoms are usually overlaid against an Axis I diagnosis like a mood or dissociative disorder.

I always knew breeders were insane.
June 24, 2006
I thuoght I was one messed-up chick due to having "issues"...I know, the term is so passe! I go to AA because I stopped drinking again awhile back. I also know I can be a pill junkie so I stay away from the doctor's office. At least, I have a support group to help with the BS of life so I don't have to self-medicate. I guess these dumb-behind people need something Breeders Anonymous... yawning smiley
June 24, 2006
well people could get addicted, like people do with adrenaline, birth releases endorphins that make the mother, less likely to kill their offspring, basically its a type of happy juice. and it carries on for years

**Four major hormonal systems are active during labor and birth. These involve oxytocin, the hormone of love; endorphins, hormones of pleasure and transcendence; epinephrine and norepinephrine, hormones of excitement; and prolactin, the mothering hormone. These systems are common to all mammals and originate in our mammalian or middle brain, also known as the limbic system. For birth to proceed optimally, this part of the brain must take precedence over the neocortex, or rational brain.**

http://www.mothering.com/articles/pregnancy_birth/birth_preparation/ecstatic.html Warning some pictures of pregnant women.

**The baby also produces oxytocin during labor, perhaps even initiating labor;6 so, in the minutes after birth, both mother and baby are bathed in an ecstatic cocktail of hormones.**

**Beta-endorphin
As a naturally occurring opiate, beta-endorphin has properties similar to meperidine (pethidine, Demerol), morphine, and heroin, and has been shown to work on the same receptors of the brain. Like oxytocin, beta-endorphin is secreted from the pituitary gland, and high levels are present during sex, pregnancy, birth, and breastfeeding**

*Noradrenaline, as part of the ecstatic cocktail, is also implicated in instinctive mothering behavior. Mice bred to be deficient in noradrenaline will not care for their young after birth unless noradrenaline is injected back into their system**

*Prolactin
Known as the mothering hormone, prolactin is the major hormone of breastmilk synthesis and breastfeeding. Traditionally it has been thought to produce aggressively protective behavior (the "mother tiger" effect) in lactating females.**

so in effect they can be addicted to it, due to the hormones released exactly like base jumpers and other danger addicts.. and they are addicts and should be treated as such

http://www.acegraphics.com.au/articles/painlabour.html

**The amnesic effect of endorphins enables women to forget the worst aspects of labour providing an incentive to reproduce again.**

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sherz
June 24, 2006
I once had a really f-ed up student whose mother was bi-polar manic depressive. She was the mother of 15 CHILDREN. She was a horrible mother and all of her kids were totally screwed as far as being taught any appropriate life skills by her. She told me that pregnancy made her feel normal. It somehow evened out her chemical imbalance. She was basically using breeding as medication, and creating 15 more kids destined to be as messed up as her. She needs spayed!
June 24, 2006
As a person in recovery for addiction and alcoholism, I cannot imagine the "happy, juicy feelings" going off in my head over breeding! When I was pregnant 12 years ago, I did not have any juicy or high sensations at all. I was a wreck until the day of my abortion. There was nothing enjoyable of starting to feel morning sickness even at about 4-5 weeks in-pig. It was horrible. I was exploring Judaism at the time and had to run out of a Hannukah party becauase I almost got sick. I had to stand outside for a bit until my system settled.
sprogless
June 24, 2006
One of my best friends is bipolar- manic depressive. She also liked being pregnant, for the same reason Sherz, said. At the time, she didn't know what was wrong with her, she was diagnosed after her 2nd baby was born, and had a tubal. She said that if she'd had known she was bipolar, she wouldn't have had kids in the first place. It's sad, but sometimes people have no idea that they're not "normal" until they breed. She never knew that she was ill, until she felt normal. Everyone thought she was just "moody."
June 24, 2006
india the thing is not all people have the same feelings when the endorphins activate, these are specific ones, if the is a slight abnormality in producing the normal type, then you wont get the same sensations.

in my case, i dont have an addictive personality, partly the endorphins produced by chemical stimulus, is moderated by my own bio chemistry, plus i have an obscene amount of will power. its why some people are more prone to addictive behavior than others. (went for a brain scan a few years ago, and they were shocked i metabolised the radioactive stuff they put in me faster than they had ever seen, same with alcohol i metabolise it too fast and it doesnt affect me never had a hangover in my life)

part is endorphins, part is will power, the latest information is that parents who are addicted the chances of thier kids will be more prone to addiction, due to the fact the un natural forms alter the bio chemistry of the person. thats why a lot of alcoholics are depressive personalities, they need extra stimulus that alcohol causes.

this isnt the entire cause and solution but it affects a fair few people. so breeding in general creates drugged up women, to stop them from killing their own offspring, but it doesnt always work as i said thats why we have more mothers killing kids. the happy juices dont work right, (beta endorphin is broken down into 2 different types of endorphins, If you had too much alpha-endorphin, you might have an amphetamine-type behavior, because it acts like amphetamines. If you have too little gamma-endorphin, you may lack the neuroleptic action of gamma-endorphin and, therefore, you could have a schizophrenic problem.")

as i have said its not all cut and dried they are indicators of potential problems.

and yes sherz and sprogless in those peoples cases they are self medicating by birth.. i bet the one with 15 kids all their ages are very close together, one or 2 years more likely 1. and this could be the reason why a few women breastfeed beyond the natural ages, as that act release the same type of endorphins.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Grace
Addicted to Breeding
June 24, 2006
It seems like breeding has become a hobby for some women. Each baby is something new and exciting. The moo gets a baby shower and lots of attention when the baby is born. After that, things get boring again for Moo. She's not getting any attention; she's just stuck at home with a bunch of needy children. There are not enough hours in the day for a SAHMoo to give 4 or 5 small children the attention they really need to develop properly and feel secure. But it isn't about the children, it's all about the moo. It's like women who have a shopping addiction and keep buying new shoes to make themselves happy. But they soon tire of the shoes they have and want new shoes. So the cycle repeats itself. Having a herd of kids is NOT in the best interest of the kids. Each new baby means the existing children receive less attention from moo. I'm sure you've all seen the Duggar family on tv. They have 16 children. The older kids take care of their younger siblings. I feel so sorry for those kids. They receive little or no one-on-one time with mom and dad. I would hate to be a child in that family and grow up knowing that I'm just another face in the crowd of 16 kids.
Grace
June 24, 2006
Sorry I posted my response to the wrong place; I didn't see this string. I feel sorry for kids who have three or four siblings and only rarely get to spend one-on-one time with their mom or dad. I grew up with an older brother. We each got daily one-on-one time with mom and dad. Sometimes dad would do something special with my brother, like going fishing. Sometimes my mom would do something special with just me. Of course, the four of us spent a lot of time together, too. I can't imagine if I had grown up with 4 or 5 siblings. I would not have received the one-on-one attention from mom and dad that made me feel secure and special. I'm glad that I wasn't just another mouth to feed or just another face at the dinner table.
June 24, 2006
thats another reason, the parents just think of themselves, and not about the children.

DrDanCorelli
June 24, 2006
Endorphin is short for "endogenous morphine", an observation by the scientist who discovered them many years ago.

Endorphins are essentially small peptides, e.g. small proteins, made up of sequences of amino acids that agonize (e.g. activate) the same receptors where morphine and other opiate-type narcotics act in the central nervous system.

Endorphins have an incredibly short half-life, meaning that almost as soon as they are created by the body, they are torn apart by the myriad of enzymes and other biochemical pathways which degrade proteins. How they are synthesized by the human body and what controls this system is somewhat known, but the subject of intense research at this time. Pain, stress and hormonal activity probably contribute to the regulatory mechanisms in the brain which govern their synthesis and breakdown. Pregnancy would cover all three.

Back to your regular programming.
June 24, 2006
Well then, I'd rather get drunk than get pregnant - that is all.
Sherz
June 25, 2006
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> and yes sherz and sprogless in those peoples cases
> they are self medicating by birth.. i bet the one
> with 15 kids all their ages are very close
> together, one or 2 years more likely 1.

Your bet is absolutely correct, mercurior. All of her children are basically one right after the other. Her husband is also bipolar. We had to call CPS on them so frequently. They moved from the area last year. I'm sure many of the children are also bipolar.

THat was very responsible of your friend, Sprogless, to choose to have a tubal. I've dealt with some really severe cases of children who are bipolar. THey were very difficult to handle.

June 25, 2006
I would rather relapse and drink or take pills again than get pregnant. That is how bad I think breeding truly is if I am willing to pick up another white chip at the meetings...
June 25, 2006
I think I would probably take up drinking, smoking, and using drugs if I got pregnant. I just can't understand why women would be so selfish as to make another life in a shitty world like this one just to draw attention to themselves. Then again, I'm a major introvert and I go out of my way to not be the center of attention.
June 26, 2006
Cambion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think I would probably take up drinking,
> smoking, and using drugs if I got pregnant. I just
> can't understand why women would be so selfish as
> to make another life in a shitty world like this
> one just to draw attention to themselves. Then
> again, I'm a major introvert and I go out of my
> way to not be the center of attention.

Dito, same here. I'm a total loner. I HATE attention. I would rather be a wallflower...

lab mom
June 26, 2006
I also agree with you all, I'd rather trip acid than get pregnant.

lab mom
June 26, 2006
I can say from experience that tripping, being drunk, high and/or stoned is way more pleasurable than being pregnant.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.