Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Who the fuck watches this crap?

Posted by CherryBlossom 
Who the fuck watches this crap?
December 05, 2010
Kate Gosselin breaks down in tears while camping with Sarah Palin in Alaska's wilderness

I hope they both get eaten by a bear... :eatu

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know, I know. "You were one once." I was a sperm once, but you don't see me wantin' to cuddle up to a fuckin' wankstain, do you? - John Constantine
Re: Who the fuck watches this crap?
December 05, 2010
CherryBlossom
Kate Gosselin breaks down in tears while camping with Sarah Palin in Alaska's wilderness

I hope they both get eaten by a bear... :eatu

Not me. I'd be worried for the poor bear. two faces puking
December 05, 2010
CherryBlossom

I won't be watching it, but the image of Blubbermouth and the Alaskan Redneck Grizzly Mama together on one screen is good for a *chuckle* drinking coffee

I'm picturing the show's producers having a weekly meeting going "oh! oh! what kind of ridiculous situation can we frame for next week's show?! I KNOW, let's get PARIS HILTON to come on!"
December 05, 2010
Wow! Two uber breeders on a camp out together! Whenever I used to have sophomoric sleepovers, we would always end up talking about private stuff as a certain amount of "bonding" is expected. I wonder if they do a "show and tell" as to which ones cooter is hanging down the lowest, stretched out the widest, etc.....like junior high girls "share" about their boobs-bra sizes and whatnot?bouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 05, 2010
Do your boobs hang low?
Do they wobble to and fro?
Can throw them over your shoulder like a continental soldier?
Do you boobs hang low?
December 05, 2010
I don't understand that people, primarily Americans (I think) have such a deep and profound fascination with other people's lives, especially when they are famous.

I have no interest in watching Kate Gosselin go camping, Sarah Palin go camping, or anyone else. I think these are all subliminal political tools to infiltrate the minds of a largely ignorant population. Right-leaning people will appreciate that Palin was out there proving she was "just like me" by shooting guns and braving the wild. (Leadership skills proven through this exercise? None.) And left-leaning folks will surely appreciate Obama's playing basketball and subsequently getting stitches in his lip, proving that he is "just like me" and likes sports too. (Leadership skills proven through this exercise? None.)

Wake up, America. It's all a dog and pony show. It's time for REAL intellectuals to change politics.
December 05, 2010
Send Octomoo AND Michelle Duggar along with them and hope they all get lost in the wilds of Alaskan forest and never seen ever again! smile rolling left righteyes2
December 05, 2010
StudioFiftyFour
I don't understand that people, primarily Americans (I think) have such a deep and profound fascination with other people's lives, especially when they are famous.

I don't get it either, but I don't think it's just an American thing. After all, reality TV started here, with Big Brother. I apologize on behalf of my country.
December 05, 2010
StudioFiftyFour

I have no interest in watching Kate Gosselin go camping, Sarah Palin go camping, or anyone else. I think these are all subliminal political tools to infiltrate the minds of a largely ignorant population. Right-leaning people will appreciate that Palin was out there proving she was "just like me" by shooting guns and braving the wild. (Leadership skills proven through this exercise? None.) And left-leaning folks will surely appreciate Obama's playing basketball and subsequently getting stitches in his lip, proving that he is "just like me" and likes sports too. (Leadership skills proven through this exercise? None.)

Wake up, America. It's all a dog and pony show. It's time for REAL intellectuals to change politics.

I COMPLETELY AGREE, especially with the bolded part.thumbs upwink

I can understand being a fan of an actor, musician, artist, etc........but they should be a fan of their work, NOT of their lives! I think that it borders on a mental illness the extent to which many people idolize "celebrities". It has gotten worse over the years, but that's probably due to more easily accessible media outlets including the internet and 24-7 programming on TV. It's troubling to me because it's almost as if they believe that they KNOW these people on a personal level or something. It's also telltale sign of low intelligence which is especially troubling considering "celebrity worship" has reached epic proportions and is only growing worse! Mankind appears to be heading to a real life "Idiocracy" and I hope that I am dead before it takes a near complete hold on a global basis.

Sometimes chemically induced oblivian and a complete loss of all mental faculties seems like a viable alternative. Oh wait, then I would become one of "them".tongue sticking out smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
December 05, 2010
waving hellolarious If they're going to show programs like this, they may as well go ahead and make LSD legal! What the difference?

They need to throw Jessica Simpson into the mix: "It says 'trail mix,' but it's really peanuts. I don't get it. *Burp* I don't know how to cook, but I should. So like Kate? Are your kids fraternity twins or what? *BUUUURRRRRRP*"

I for one am proud that my nation is providing surrealism to the common people. smile rolling left righteyes2
Anonymous User
December 05, 2010
Why the fuck would she take her kids camping? OMG I would go completely nuts. I'd be tempted to feed them to a bear, except then the bear would be hunted down and euthanized, even though I would think it deserves a medal. Good way to get rid of your kids, though, and not be blamed. Kate, the clock should never have even started on those 15 minutes, but apparently it did and now the clock has stopped. Maybe the battery is dead.

Sarah Sarah Sarah. Oh how you try to stay relevant so you can sell your books and be on the speaking tour, but does anyone with brains take you seriously? You don't have any intentions of running for office and we all know it, but as long as you pretend you want to, they stay interested. You just want the $$, but oh how I wish people would just ignore her so she and her stupid, irritating, insipid family would go away.
December 05, 2010
cew
Why the fuck would she take her kids camping? OMG I would go completely nuts. I'd be tempted to feed them to a bear, except then the bear would be hunted down and euthanized, even though I would think it deserves a medal. Good way to get rid of your kids, though, and not be blamed. Kate, the clock should never have even started on those 15 minutes, but apparently it did and now the clock has stopped. Maybe the battery is dead.

Sarah Sarah Sarah. Oh how you try to stay relevant so you can sell your books and be on the speaking tour, but does anyone with brains take you seriously? You don't have any intentions of running for office and we all know it, but as long as you pretend you want to, they stay interested. You just want the $$, but oh how I wish people would just ignore her so she and her stupid, irritating, insipid family would go away.

Oh God, I had'nt realized that they had taken all of those kyds! I didn't bother to read the article and don't want to, but can someone just tell me if they took ALL of those kyds, including the little tard? That would be 13 in all, right? I can't even BEGIN to imagine a fate worse than a camping trip sequestered with THIRTEEN kyds and possibly an extra one if her little slut-daughter dragged her loaf along as well.Duh with bratsd

December 05, 2010
They need to change the show's title to "Land of the Drama Queens."
Anonymous User
December 05, 2010
But then it wouldn't have Sarah's name in the title, which is what this little dog and pony show is all about.
December 05, 2010
yeah-it'd be a better show if it was about the obama breeders going to europe on our dime...
Anonymous User
December 05, 2010
Whatever
December 05, 2010
cew
Why the fuck would she take her kids camping? OMG I would go completely nuts. .

Mixed up Alaska with Australia?

(dig deep the gag will come to you)
Anonymous User
December 05, 2010
She's hoping the dingo will eat her bybies? Other than that, I'm out. I'm not very smart.
December 05, 2010
cew
She's hoping the dingo will eat her bybies? Other than that, I'm out. I'm not very smart.

Sure you are, you got this one LOL
Anonymous User
December 06, 2010
Roll them both in honey and tie em to a tree, then you just sit back with a beer and enjoy the show!:satan
December 06, 2010
StudioFiftyFour

I've never understood this either about people wanting to dig into other people's lives, and it started long before the reality TV craze hit. Just like the lifescripters who don't like us, why is it their business if some of us choose to never have children, or as some on this board have chosen, never to get married? Why is it harming them and why do they have to give us so much trouble about it? Why not live and let live?

On another note, anti-intellectualism has been rising in the U.S. for many years. It seems to go back decades where the intelligent are objects of ridicule by the dumb masses. I think it's digging us further and further into a hole we probably can't climb out of. I'm just hoping I'm gone before it all hits the fan.

JD
December 06, 2010
I found more proof the brain is becoming a vestigial organ. The website for the paper had Barbara Walters slideshowing "Ten Most Fascinating People of the Year" which included:

Sandra Bullock (divorced became single mom...no noteworthy accomplishments)
Justin Bieber (WTF? Sounds like a chick, has a bad hair life)
The cast of Jersey Shore (overweight girls with big hair in too tight clothing..any given Friday at any given club)
Jennifer Lopez (another WTF...what has she done this year.)

So we have a ton of fluff, and no real substance. No Nobel Prizes in physics, no rocket scientists, no doctors, no philanthropy...just reality TV people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 06, 2010
JohnDrake
StudioFiftyFour

I've never understood this either about people wanting to dig into other people's lives, and it started long before the reality TV craze hit. Just like the lifescripters who don't like us, why is it their business if some of us choose to never have children, or as some on this board have chosen, never to get married? Why is it harming them and why do they have to give us so much trouble about it? Why not live and let live?

On another note, anti-intellectualism has been rising in the U.S. for many years. It seems to go back decades where the intelligent are objects of ridicule by the dumb masses. I think it's digging us further and further into a hole we probably can't climb out of. I'm just hoping I'm gone before it all hits the fan.

JD

I think it has to do with the fact that among the first settlers who carved a viable community still lasting today were the Puritans - rigid busybodies who dimed on each other for petty reasons, including land grabs and coveting another man's wife, sexually frustrated nitwits who got off seeing their neighbors in stocks or whipped in public, and who rejected the life of the mind for superstition and wild assumptions about everyone else. When you think about it, the Salem Witch Trials were the ultimate form of Minding Other People's Business.
December 07, 2010
JohnDrake

Yup. Read the piece by Thomas Friedman in the NYT on what China's leaked memos would say.
December 07, 2010
CherryBlossom

Found a synopsis of the show. Could Kate be any more of a whiny bitch?

The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) - Kate Gosselin is not a happy camper.

On this week's edition of "Sarah Palin's Alaska," she and her brood make a much-anticipated guest appearance. But don't expect it to reveal her inner Daniel Boone.

"How would you like to go camping with Kate and her eight kids - that TV show you watch?" Sarah Palin asks her daughter, Piper, at the start of the episode.

Piper squeals with delight at the idea of hanging with these stars of another TLC series.
As things develop, the camping trip in the Alaskan wilds will be no day at the beach for Kate. But it makes for a hilarious hour of Palin's show, which airs on TLC Sunday at 9 p.m. EST.
Read no further if you don't want spoiler details of Kate's stab at roughing it.

For a few fleeting moments, it seems she will savor her visit with the Palin family. She instantly bonds with Sarah, as they compare notes on the predatory nature of the media.

"There's not a whole lot of people that I run into that can understand the scrutiny (by) the media and beyond," says Kate, whose crumbling marriage to Jon was documented on "Jon & Kate Plus 8" while it spurred a feeding frenzy from the tabloid press.

Now, single mom Kate and her kids just happened to be in Alaska taping one of her "Kate Plus 8" specials, which occasioned their guest spot with the Palins.

The first stop: Sarah takes Kate to a bear safety class to prepare her for their camping expedition.

On the road from Wasilla to the class in Anchorage, Sarah sort-of jokes that, in case of a bear attack, "You need a partner with you who's slower than you."

"Oh, my gosh!" replies Kate, who already was spooked by the bear rug in the Palins' home. "Sacrifice your friends?"

At the rifle range, she looks more miserable than she used to look with Jon.

And that's only the beginning.

The day of the camping trip, it's - wouldn't you know? - pouring rain.

Out in the middle of nowhere by a stream and surrounded by mountains, Sarah is smiling, chipper and (literally) loaded for bear.

"Rain or shine, Alaskans still camp. We still find a way to have fun," she chirps.
Then Kate and her kids land at the campsite. Quickly, Kate proves to be a bigger pill than a horse tranquilizer.

"I'm not worrying about bears right now," she is soon grousing. "I'm just worried about keeping my toes wiggling 'cause they're freezing."

Sarah, daughters Piper and Willow, husband Todd and other family members seem to be having a blast. So, for that matter, are Kate's youngsters.

"The kids are having fun, so I'm tolerating it, but this is my new home," grumbles Kate, having sullenly planted herself, apart from the rest, beneath a tarp. "I am miserable, but, I mean, somebody's got to be."

Sarah, ever gung-ho, announces to the group, "This is the most luxurious camping spot I've ever seen!"

Cut to Kate, who tells the camera, "It just kills me that people, like, willingly do this."
Soon everybody else is enjoying hamburgers, hot-dogs and s'mores from the camp fire.
Maybe it was finding out the hot-dogs are moose. About that time, Kate loses it.

"I don't see a table, I don't see utensils, I don't see hand-cleansing materials," she whimpers. "This is not ideal conditions. I am freezing to the bone, I have 19 layers on, my hands are frigid. I held it together as long as I could and I'm done now!"

She gathers up her children and, mere hours after their arrival, they have eaten and run.
Fortunately, Sarah knows the show must go on. Minus the Gosselins, she settles the crowd down for the night.

"Well, I thought we were gonna go camping with the Gosselins," she says when it's all over, full of glossy good cheer. "Turned out, we didn't. We had lunch with them on a sand bar."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login