Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1611 - What Not To Hold

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
#1611 - What Not To Hold
June 29, 2006
What gets me is when breeders who buy this crap then begin to piss and moan on how HAAAARRRDD and EEXPEEEEENSIVE is it to raise kids.

Cry me a river. I would not even spend $75 on a shirt for MYSELF, never mind for a kid. That is just ridiculous.

Also, wasn't the Brangelina loaf wearing some expensive T-shirt on the cover of People? Insane. The loaf doesn't care what it's wearing.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...all of this is not for the kids, it's for the PARENTS. And I feel sorry for anyone who feels the need to spend obscene amounts of money on dumb crap like this, just to nurse their own ego.

I wish I'd seen that show, Sherz...would have loved to see that look on Stacey's face.
Re: #1611 - What Not To Hold
June 29, 2006
Again, this is all just a fashion accessory for the breeders and a way to attract attention to themselves so they can show the world they are doing TMIJITW while bearing that cross on their backs.

Yea, the kid wears $75 shirts and outfits, meanwhile, the wornout, tired, haggard moo is in pink stretch pants and a stained t-shirt. Again: MARTYR.
CFScorpio
June 29, 2006
LOL! I can imagine. Stacy comes off like a royal uptight bitch on WNTW.
Pixy
June 29, 2006
I read Stacy's bio on the show's website, and at the end it reads:

"She resides in Brooklyn with her two fabulously fashionable cats, Moo and Al, and many, many pairs of stilettos. She continues to search for enough closet space."

Under Clinton's bio it says:
"A quick fashion fix:
Grab a cute baby. It will take the focus off of you. Just don't forget to put the baby back!"

:-)
June 29, 2006
is that the british show what not to wear with trinny and susanne.. or is it a copy..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Nour
June 29, 2006
It's a "copy" of that show, merc. I enjoy the show often, and I think that Stacy London was doing The Today Show as part of her contract with TLC, maybe? In any case, I'm sure London and Kelly are CF. 'Cause if they were parents, you know TLC would put that in their bios.
June 29, 2006
you should try the british one its on bbc america. they are posh southerners.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/genre/home_living/what_not_to_wear/what_not_to_wear_rules.jsp

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
BillyC
June 29, 2006
$75 for a t-shirt that is going to snot, shit and vomit encrusted in less than three hours? Who in the hell is that gullible?

Oh never mind...it's breeders...they bought the life script hook, line, boat and dock.
Sherz
June 29, 2006
Her look was priceless, catmommy. It was one of those, "Oh Shit, what do I do with this?" type of looks. I'm glad to read that she's a cat lover--that makes me an even bigger fan of the show.
Anonymous User
June 29, 2006
I buy my clothes at Target (pronounced Tar-zhay). Before that, I shopped at Squall-Mart. Sometimes I splurge and shop at malls/other stores. I don't get the parents who pay big bucks for clothes...for kids. They don't even wear them that long!

I haven't watched the show in a while, but I'm going to check out that episode just to see that doh face look.
June 29, 2006
How pathedic.

lab mom
Anonymous User
June 29, 2006
Some of my favorite clothes come from bargain bins.

A few years ago, I was in the L.L. Bean outlet store in Portland, Maine. They had these big boxes in the center aisle, that were marked 75% OFF. You had to dig through them, but I hit pay dirt...TWO pairs of jeans, in my exact size.

When it came time to pay, guess how much those two pairs of jeans cost me? ELEVEN BUCKS! For BOTH pairs of jeans! And I still wear them now...still in excellent shape!

Then there was the time I went to Sears and found some Land's End pants...both jeans and dressier ones...for $7.00 a pair. I snagged as much as they had in my size. Those still see regular wear, as well.

Also in Sears, Catdaddy found a TON of nice button-down shirts marked down to $5.00-7.00 each, which he still wears to work regularly. He can afford to buy a $75 shirt if he wanted to, but WHY?

This is a guy who apologized to me for spending $100 on a nice pair of Justin cowboy boots. He likes boots. I didn't see the big deal, as I knew he'd be able to wear the boots for many years, and then get them re-soled when they wore out on the soles (which he eventually did).

But it is not like he's gonna outgrow them in two weeks, as would a sprog out of that $75 shirt!
June 30, 2006
the mens shirts depending on the work environment, its an essential, i have 2, £40 shirts, but they are the best quality and look great. i have many others from charity shops and bargains..i have a £200 suit, just the one.. one or 2 high quality high price, thats fine.. but when you see people have dozens of expensive clothes and they are only worn once.. i think more money than sense.

June 30, 2006
Kids and baybees skeeve me out. They're always touching me with their sticky, smelly tentacles and drooling. When someone asks me if I want to hold a baybee, I just say no. YUCK
June 30, 2006
There's nothing like a really good pair of leather shoes. That's one thing I will gladly pay extra for. Taken care of properly, they'll last forever and it's still possible to get them repaired.

They should make a device to encase a toddler in plastic, so it won't be so sticky.
Sherz
June 30, 2006
Ahhh, Feh, you are so right about the shoes. I know some might say they are "old lady shoes," but I love Clark's clogs. I have several pairs that are broken in perfectly. I also have a really pretty pair of Clark's boots--very comfy!

As far as a toadler encasement--maybe those new extra large Ziploc storage bags would work. I'd even be nice enough to poke a few air holes in--providing the toadler wasn't too juicey!
June 30, 2006
I will pay good money for proper shoes so I am comfortable. Aching feet will affect the entire body as well as the mind. I did get some good shoes since I am going back into security -- it looks as if with a different firm than the Old Job which is exciting.
Michele
July 04, 2006
That Clinton sounds like a dumbass.

I agree with KFLL. I have NEVER held Tracy's nasty loaf, and never will. She tried to get me to one time, and I looked at her like she was trying to make me pick up shit with my bare hands. She got the message.
CFBoston
July 04, 2006
Somewhat off topic - I know some of you live in the Boston area... try Wrentham Village. Name brand clothing, shoes, (you name it), at half off. These 'Outlet Villages' exist throughout the US - (I've been to a few of them - recently one in Flemington, NJ) - imo worth the drive.
Anonymous User
July 04, 2006
CF Boston, I have never checked out Wrentham, but I do love Kittery, Maine, for outlets. But Catdaddy was pissed when the Levis/Dockers outlet closed down, as he used to get his pants there for $25 a pair (they cost about $50+ in regular stores).

But there are still other good stores there, and it's an easy drive for us.
CFBoston
July 06, 2006
catmommy: Wrentham does have a Levi's Outlet. If you're a AAA member, go to the managment office/customer service at the far end of the complex near the food court for a 'VIP Coupon Book.' In there you'll find "10% off purchase of $50 or more at the Levi's Outlet." The book is packed with coupons, and check their website: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=10 for VIP Club coupons as well - (No cost to join the Club). I've been to Kittery - very easy drive - lots of bargains! Never pay full price! winking smiley
July 06, 2006
Are Levi's considered "Mom jeans"? I hope not, 'cause I still have my two old pairs of 531s!
July 07, 2006
Medusa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are Levi's considered "Mom jeans"? I hope not,
> 'cause I still have my two old pairs of 531s!

Medusa, you can tell I am bored lately -- took extra days off for myself -- because I watched the SNL JCPenney "Mom Jeans" video. That was pretty d*mned funny! I also tried to "Google" Levi's 531. I could not find those jeans. I doubt anyone would think Levis Strauss makes "mom jeans". The biggest maker of Mom Jeans in my opinion are those ugly Lee jeans with the really high waist and that weird stitching in the back above the pockets. The only Levis that I see as "mom jeans" are the ugly Docker jeans with the elastic in the back of the waist along with the pleats and again...the high waist.

July 07, 2006
Medusa, I did find some pics of 531's on eBay. Everything is on the market on the 'Bay! The 531's do not look like Mom Jeans to me. I think I had a couple of pair of those jeans years ago -- a red and a green pair. They were a little baggy on me but the waist was not high and the leg width was fine.
CFBoston
July 07, 2006
Really off topic here... india: How goes the job hunt?
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.