Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entry 1624 - The truth about SIDS

Posted by Cambion 
Entry 1624 - The truth about SIDS
June 30, 2006
It doesn't surprise me that so many cases of SIDS were not accidents. If you think about it, blaming SIDS may well be the best way for a parent to dispose of an unwanted child with the least amount of suspicion, especially considering there are no witnesses. It's a sad reality, but I have a feeling that if abortion gets banned nationwide and funding for women's health clinics gets cut, we're going to be seeing a sharp rise in the number of SIDS cases.

Does anyone here remember the story about Waneta Hoyt? The woman who smothered all five of her children in their beds and claimed it was because of SIDS?
I went to high school with a girl whose baby supposedly died of SIDS. Even back then (1982) my brother and I were suspicious. We think her mom, that got stuck at home taking care of it all day while she was at school, might have done it.

I agree, there will be a rise in infanticide if abortion is banned. Hell, even if it isn't, it seems like getting proper care for women is getting tougher and tougher. I'm thinking of the postings about the morning after pill.
I agree that many cases of SIDS are probably disguised infanticides, and I think the same is true for babies are "accidentally" left to bake to death in hot cars. I saw on the news a story about a Texas woman named Andrea Yates who killed her 5 children by drowning them in a bathtub. I gathered that her husband was a fundie breeder type, and the stress of caring for 5 children was what drove her to kill them.
Re: Entry 1624 - The truth about SIDS
July 02, 2006
Andrea Yates probaly didn't want children in the first place...

lab mom
Anonymous User
July 02, 2006
Andrea Yates suffered from various mental illnesses. She was supposed to be on meds, and her doctor told her ages ago that she should stop having children. I'm sure that SHE would have been fine with this, but her fundie asshole husband Rusty just HAD to have his full quiver.

Rusty also demanded that she home-school the children, so she got NO time away from them. All parents need a break from the kids at least once in a while.

No doubt he'd have kept her knocked up forever, had this tragedy not happened.

The asshole recently re-married, and no doubt he's gonna start filling up that quiver again. Never mind that his new wife is 42 years old...remember, now we can sprog until we're 90 if we feel like it.

I can't believe that any woman would be dumb enough to marry this guy, after all that has happened. She must have been very desperate for a *may-un*, or just as much a fundie as he is.
July 03, 2006
From what I read, Andrea Yates did not want children and led an independent life until she met Russell. It is scary how many women can become brainwashed by these right-wing religious men. When I helped out at abortion clinics, I had this one experience where one of the pro-lifers told me how she was a former NOW (Nat'l Organization for Women) feminist and asked me to come over to talk to her...as if I would! I wonder what makes an independent woman toss her beliefs of equality and go over to conservative religion. Is it these women wanting to sell out when they meet a right-wing man who has money and can support them? The ex-NOW woman was dressed well and reeked of the stay-at-home life. There are women who don't want to work to pay their own rent.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.