Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eharmony/rant532

Posted by ps 
ps
Eharmony/rant532
October 11, 2005
I tried Eharmony for 6 months. Out of that I met one person. I think overall Eharmony matches people VERY badly on what I consider "deal breaker" issues. I typically got people at the opposite ends of religion and the kid issue. It got to the point that I would just scroll down to see the most important things in his life, 10 of 10 times, if he has kids..his kids will be in that section. ACK! When they start out.. "my kids have taught me... ", I just had to delete them.

I finally found a place to filter out some of that..but then I got no matches at all, for a long long time. It apprears that Eharmony does not cater to the CF.

About one month before my ad was ready to expire I got a match, finally. I read it ..and reread it many times. I couldn't find any refrence to kids, so I repsonded. Not only did he not have kids, he's had the big V. He also enjoys many of the same things I do to the point that we have a few acquantances in common. The only reason he never came up on any of the other dating sites was because he lives 50 miles from me. (beyond the distance I would travel)

We have been dating for 4 months now, and I see it going on for a long long time. So, although I would not really recommend Eharmony, I feel I got very lucky. So, maybe you want to stick it out a while longer.
mercurior 1
Re: Eharmony/rant532
October 11, 2005
i met my girl off a website, not a dating one, she had an awful day felt like she didnt have any friends, so i emailed her saying, hey , you have a friend here.. and instant connection, september 8th 2004, and we spoke every day online, i flew out to meet her in april this year, and instant i knew she was the one (btw , i live in england and she lives in america wink.. about 5000 miles away she is cf, i am cf, and she is coming over at xmas for 6 weeks (the only woman that my mum likes)..and eventually she will become a british citizen long distance can work, 100 times as far for me ,
Feh
Re: Eharmony/rant532
October 11, 2005
I don't know if this would help your chances any, but you could not only say you were child free, but go on to explain what exactly that means as lots of people who have had their brains eaten by children may not know what that term means.

"Single female without children seeks a man without children. This means you will not have reproduced nor are the guardian of any children."

Really, it blows my mind sometimes that people who express regret for having, or even down-right dislike for their own children, will be amazed when they meet someone who's made it past 35 who doesn't have, or want, children.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.