Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More of the CEO-type cr*p!

Posted by india_darshan 
More of the CEO-type cr*p!
July 03, 2006
Today's Dear Blabby also added her two cents about how SAHMoos are worth over $28 per hour after a grandmoo complained about her grandson feeling that his stay-at-home mother does not do much. Abby had the nerve to say that a housewife with children is akin to being a nurse or a psychiatrist. Putting bandages on scraped knees and listening while a teenager talks about the latest boyfriend-girlfriend break-up are not the same as actually being in those professions. It takes forever for a psychiatrist to get through college. Then...there are the disertations (sp?) and internships before the actual career is launched. The RN program is a rough four years of college. To put a housewife in those categories is insulting to the men and women who labor for their degrees in these fields.
Grace
Re: More of the CEO-type cr*p!
July 03, 2006
Ugh. I hate it when I read this type of nonsense, too. I think newspapers, television programs, restaurants, advertising, you name it, have to cater to moos and sprogs because the SAHmoos are the ones who have time to read, watch, eat and shop all day while the rest of us work. Seems like catering to moos is good for business.
July 03, 2006
SAHM's are worth anything my sweet ass.

lab mom
Anonymous User
July 03, 2006
I hope that Abby gets bombarded with mail from real nurses and real psychiatrists about this. This is indeed an insult to those professionals.

I mean, if one of my cats scratches me (sometimes they get a little rough when I am petting their underbellies), and I go and clean and bandage it, that doesn't make ME a nurse, either.

And don't even get me started about the COOK thing! As someone who was actually a professional cook, with formal culinary training, I can tell you that these fucking moos have not a CLUE as to how demanding this job actually is. Anyone can throw together a meal for a family, but it's a whole 'nother ball game to be preparing HUNDREDS of meals a night at a busy restaurant. It is stressful and VERY physically demanding.

Besides, many of these moos don't even cook. They go to restaurants, and maybe I was once the one who cooked their meals. And they bitch about the food and make constant demands for special things for their brats, things that are not on the menu that that we can't make.

Or they just get fast food carryout. Or when they DO buy food from a supermarket, they buy overpackaged, pre-fab shit like Lunchables, microwave mac & cheese, and such, and call THAT cooking.

Hell, maybe I should write to Dear Blabby about this myself!

July 04, 2006
I am also hoping that the true professionals flood Dear Blabby's inbox to tell her what an @ss she is for her response about the what she views are sacred and valuable SAHMoos. Even if a man is able to get rid of a stay-at-home wife, he does not have to pay a ton of money for housework or cooking. More single men cook their own meals, do their own laundry, and keep their living spaces clean. I know some single/divorced men who are much more neat at home than the their married peers. Almost no single man is going to pay over $28 per hour -- as Abby suggests -- even if he does have a housekeeper come once to twice a month for cleaning or if he sends all of the laundry to the drycleaners. If the guy cuts himself while peeling a potato, he will put on a bandage like anyone else rather than call a professional nurse to tend to his wound.
DrDanCorelli
July 04, 2006
A SAHMoo is NOT a fucking psychiatrist by any measure! If anything, the average SAHMoo causes more psychiatrist visits due to the damage they inflict on their entitlement-poisoned, self-esteem toxic brats.

I royally resent anyone who suggests that sitting on your can watching brats somehow makes you more qualified than a licensed MD. I do not practice psychiatry (I'm an infectious diseases/microbiology guy), but I know their training requirements. They spend a minimum of four years in residency, the first year in a transitional program where they see the same stuff that we internists and the family practice guys do, then three years in their primary residency. They may also do a fellowship in a sub-area such as neuropsych, addiction medicine or child psych. You are looking at 8 years of academic experience (4 years undergrad/4 years medical school), 4 years of graduate medical education (1 yr transition/3 years residency) and then whatever else on top of that for a total of 12 years minimum. By contrast, my training was 8 years academic (see above), 3 years residency, 3 years of fellowship meaning 14 years in all, not including the work I did on my PhD during my residency and fellowship. Shitting out a brat, sitting on your ass and poisoning their minds with entitlement, inflated self-importance and artificially created self-esteem hardly qualifies any fucking SAHMoo for that intensity of training.

On the nursing side, there are some RN programs that award associate's degrees, some that award BSNs, and higher education for nursing specialties like NP (nurse practitioner) and even an ND (doctor of nursing). Nursing is a difficult profession requiring a minimum of three to four years of training, and I am sure the RNs don't want to be compared to another shit it out/sit it out SAHMoo with a filthy house, unruly and disgusting brats and other shit that goes with SAHMoohood.

RN and psychiatrist...right...Dear Abby needs backhanded and bitchslapped repeatedly for that insult to the nursing and medical professions.
Sherz
July 04, 2006
Ahhh, Dr. Dan, the phrase "bitchslap" always cracks me up, probably because I've never been bitchslapped!bouncing and laughing

I loved your comment about moos causing psychaitrist visits. I know the specific moo, and her bi-polar twatdropping, that caused me to visit a psychiatrist in search of anti-anxiety medicine. Thank God I quit teaching!
anonymous guest
July 04, 2006
Usually, I agree with the majority of Abigail's advice. However, yesterday's column literally pissed me off, especially the "psychologist" part. This is what I've been majoring in for the past 8 years, and been applying to graduate school for (not to be a counselor, but a research psychologist). I have friends who are clinical psychologists and couselors's. Little Miss Abigail needs to sit down and talk to them, and after that talk, try to say that SAHMoo's are "psychologists."

As for "janitor's","nurses", etc.: I live on my own, does that mean that I should be paid as a janitor because I clean my own place? Should I get paid as a laundry machine operator because I wash my own clothes? Like Catmommy, I get scratches from my cats all the time, so does treating the scratches mean I should be paid as a nurse does?

Computer operator? I'm very offended by this one, since computers (especially modding and hardware) is one of my hobbies. Sorry abby, installing bonzai buddy, downloading spyware, drawing pictures in MSPaint, and playing Spider Solitaire doesn't count as computer operators. If anything, I count more as a computer operator since the SAHMoo's I know are the first to call me if something is wrong with their computer. In fact, the majority of people who do call me for computer help are SAHMoo's.

As for the person who wrote into Abby: I cook my own meals, does that mean I should be paid as a cook? I like to teach basic electronics to my nieces and nephews, does that mean I should be paid as a teacher? I drive myself (and sometimes others) to work and class, does that mean I should be paid as a chauffeur?
Sherz
July 05, 2006
I wipe my own ass. Does this mean I should be paid as a proctologist?
July 05, 2006
Ha!

Moos are so full of it. I don't see how laying on your damn back and spreading your legs for a few minutes is the same as going to university for years and years.
July 05, 2006
What a fucking insult to compare a stay-at-home COW with anything other than a god damned maid or chauffeur. These cows are so pathetic that they are just grasping at any semblance of a real life with real skills or being worth anything other than an incubator. Wiping asses, running the brats to soccer, or listening to Cuntlina's latest rave means shit in my book.

Nurse my ass, go to college, come away with that BS RN THEN we'll call you a nurse.
Anonymous User
July 05, 2006
My uncle Ted is a psychotrist(spelling?)and to compare his training and plain responsibility that he has to some SHAMoo... the mind just wobbles.

-"If childcare is so wonderful and forfilling, why aren't daycares run by volunteers?"(An animal shelters are.)
-Julie,redheadhaute.Saynotosprogs
July 05, 2006
Professional cleaners deserve more respect. I did office cleaning as a second job years ago. Not an easy thing to do to earn money! I hear housecleaning is even more difficult as the client is more demanding.
CFScorpio
July 05, 2006
Yeah, I saw that! I'll have to dig up that link to the Wall Street Journal article where an actual financial analyst refuted this, and send it to Abby.
July 05, 2006
CFScorpio, will you also post the link from the WSJ so we can read it? Thanks! :spin
anonymous guest
July 05, 2006
India,

Though I can't say from personal experience, I can say however that professional cleaners definitely do deserve a lot more respect based off accounts of my grandmother.

My grandmother was a professional cleaner when she was younger, even after having four children. She would constantly tell me when I was young that it was hard, because clients were so, as you state it, demanding (because what she did clean were houses.) Comparing SAHMoo's to what she did is the epitome of absurdity--considering that if you walk into any duh's or SAHMoo's home, it's almost 100% of the time a trash dump.
CheeseLouise
July 05, 2006
Sherz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wipe my own ass. Does this mean I should be
> paid as a proctologist?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna remember that one. Thanks for the laugh.
July 06, 2006
Anonymous Guest, my apartment needs a major cleaning. With work, I get too busy to do much of anything. I had to deal with other things lately which caused me to feel depressed, which in turn was a good cause for me to set big boundaries in my life. So...good did come out of emotional turmoil. I realised that I could not complain as long as I allowed a certain someone to do as he wanted.

I would pay a good housecleaner good $$$$ to do an overhaul on my place. The big thing is that I need to get rid of a lot of things. The apartment is mostly cluttered rather than dirty. Yeah, you are right about most SAHMoos homes. These women may run a vacuum if their hubbies are lucky.

Where I did office cleaning in that cardiology office, the nurses were slobs. I hated cleaning the breakroom which took forever. The manager of the area of town I worked for the cleaning company got on my case for taking a little longer. For $6/hourly back in 2004, it was no longer worth it even for second income. The nurses looked down on me as the lowly cleaner. One of the doctors was actually an okay guy.
July 06, 2006
i always am nice and polite to cleaners and security guards, cleaners always had ways of not doing the work in an office that slighted you.. and they are always the first to know whats going on, as they go everywhere, same with security guards..

i am always polite to the real powers in offices the cleaners

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 06, 2006
Same here, Mercurior. Working in security again, the cleaners are on property almost 24/7. They will watch our backs because they often know before we do if there is going to a problem because the crew is all over the building. As a guard, I get the most flack from the working yuppie moos but I am back at my old site which is a call center where mostly young people or those who are considered "different" work. It is not bad...
July 06, 2006
when i was in my offices i tried to leave it as tidy as i possibly could, some people thought i was never there as it was spotless. and they loved me for it, i showed them respect for their jobs by doing most of it myself.. made it a little easier for them.. i got some goodbye cards when i left, mostly by the cleaning and security staff. the other people i worked with.. about 2 cards out of an office of 20

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sherz
July 06, 2006
I'm always extra polite to anyone in a service position. I'm a good tipper, too! I've been at conferences with coworkers who enjoy being demanding with waitstaff and cleaning crews. I am embarrassed to death when they act like that. THose are the most essential workers. I worked at a spa resort while I was in college and many guests treated me like I was sub-human; making demands, not giving me eyecontact, and not tipping. Yuppies are the worst for that!
July 06, 2006
i only tip good workers, bad ones i dont.. thats the way it is in the UK, its not expected to tip for every single thing, only if its service above and beyond do we tip thats usually 10-15%.. never more than 20%.. a lot of places here have a communal tip jar, where its all put then shared out afterwork..

faust was surprised at the non tipping going on.. asked me do i tip the person selling the stuff. and i was surprised at all the tipping that way done, for the slightest thing.. regardless of good service or bad..

Anonymous User
July 06, 2006
Bad service no tip. Good service, I give 20% or more. I'm not rich, but waiting on people is sucky work, and it's nice to show them you appreciate it. I read some where that the CEO of Office Supplies (when he was a waiter ) spilled wine or something all over this rich customer. She behaved with utmost kindness and he has remember that every since. It's a good indicator on job interview to watch how the job canadate behaves towards the staff also.
July 06, 2006
Though not rich either, I am an excellent tipper also. I'm very grateful that I never had to work in fast-food or a restaurant.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.