Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1649 - The Breederific Midwest

Posted by GreenGrass 
GreenGrass
#1649 - The Breederific Midwest
July 07, 2006
Bell Flower, I hear you on this one! The year I spent in central Illinois was HELL. The women were obsessed with babies, breeding, and pregnancy. I was looked at as an old maid by many because I was 27, not married, no kids. All the girls I knew in their 20's were into hobbies like knitting, quilting, scrapbooking, comparing sizes of their engagement rings, or planning the births of their future offspring. Sorry, but BORING. I come from a large city in the south, but people here just seem more, I don't know, more part of this half of the century! My apologies to those who live in the midwest, if I have offended you, but this was truly my experience there. It is a breederific hellhole. I am sure some parts are better or worse than others though.
Anonymous User
Re: #1649 - The Breederific Midwest
July 07, 2006
Why are they like that? Do you think it's because their parents were like that or do you think it's religion or what? Thank Darwin I wasn't raised there!
GreenGrass, in my experience there are more adults and fewer children in large cities vs. the suburbs in general. I have only lived in the midwest and the south, though. I choose to buy a townhome near downtown in a large city and in the gay neighborhood just because I wanted to live in an area where mostly adults live. I rarely see children because the housing is condos, townhomes and tiny, very expensive (compared to the McMansions in the suburbs) older homes. Not very appealing to families with children. My townhome development has a swimming pool, and it is really nice to enjoy the pool with other quiet, courteous adults and no screaming and splashing from brats. I recently drove to the suburbs to a Garden Ridge store. I had forgotten how awful it is to shop with breeders and brats swarming all around. There's no way I could live in a neighborhood full of breeders.
All the comments about the Breederific Midwest are accurate. I grew up in west-central Illinois, now live in northeast Wisconsin. Both are very child-friendly, to say the least. The best way to get one's photo in the paper is to be a child, preferably under 6. Oy! And everyone has to be careful not to do/say anything offensive when kids are around.

Note: some kids ARE cute and well-behaved; not ALL of them!
July 07, 2006
I think it's not just the US Midwest, the same applies to Canada too (Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba). I'll stick with both Coasts, thank you.
DrDanCorelli
July 07, 2006
Fresh out of my graduate medical education (residency & fellowship), I interviewed with a large multispecialty medical practice in the upper Midwest (okay...it was Wisconsin) and they were throwing money at every candidate in order to get a new infectious diseases practitioner.

I seriously thought about taking the job until a realtor took me on a tour of the town. Holy shit...land 'o strip malls, Squallmart, breeders, brats and related problems...

The clinic offered me the position and kept increasing their offer every time I turned them down. No amount of money could have had me living in that breeder hellhole!

Despite the fact that I had no children and did not indicate any plans to even have any, the realtormoo could not shut up about the schools, playgrounds and other bratcentric crap in the community. As we passed by a lake, I was tempted to throw her in it.
I grew up in a small town. My high school graduating class was about 100 students. A vast majority of the girls I went to high school with couldn't wait to graduate for one big reason. Many of them were getting married a few weeks after graduation! Our valedictorian got married the week after she graduated. That was 1982 and I remember feeling like I was trapped in the 1950's. There were about 15 of us that escaped the town and went on to college or other places. I'm 42 and some of the girls I went to school with are already grandmothers! At 18 the last thought in my mind was to get married or to be tied down with kids.
sprogless
July 08, 2006
Same here, Sherz. My graduating class only had 32 of us in it. Unfortunately, a lot of my classmates already had babies of their own. At the ceremony, two of them held their loaves on their laps, and one peed all over teen moos gown. She had the nerve to complain that she'd have to get it cleaned before returning it to the school.

It isn't just the midwest, either. It's really bad out here in the West, too. Everyone needs a living, breathing fashion accessory, or else they don't get they attention they demand they're entitled to.

Hey, Merc- Is that bunker still available?
July 08, 2006
will have to check, but seems like.. wink if i had the money..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Since the midwest likes kyds sooooooo much I'd like to do them a favor. I'd love to rent a bus, fill it with all of the badass kid and teens in my crappy neighborhood, and hire a driver to take them all to the midwest and turn them loose. If I win poerball tonight, I'm moving to a childfree community!!
July 08, 2006
The midwest is very breederific.

lab mom
July 09, 2006
Central Florida is also very much a BreederVille. The single moms seem to be a big thing in this area with their out-of-wedlock children...often from many different men.
I live near Washington DC. I've noticed that Florida seems to be a big dream destination for the single moos around here. They seem to think it is the land of opportunity. I've often had children in my class who move to Florida with their single moos, only to return a few months later once moo finds out that it is the land of minimum wage jobs!
July 10, 2006
Having grown up in the midwest, and currently living there, I'd have to say that it's not quite so breederiffic as you'd think. It all depends on where you go, and who you choose to hang out with. I live in a moderately sized town in Wisconsin, and hang out with alot of politically progressive people. Yes, some folks are parents, but for the most part they don't shove it all up in everyone's face. I have family in small towns all over the midwest, and when I visit them, it is breeder-ville up the wazoo. Also, from what I've seen and experienced of the world, the parents here in the small towns take their responsibility seriously. Yes, they're raising kids who will probably get married right outta high school and end up on the farm, but at least they don't think of them as the latest fashion accessory.

Of course, I think Wisconsin is the best state in the nation because of our grand traditions of gluttony, partying and excessive alcohol consumption...and our quickly dissappearing tradition of progressive politics. As Lewis Black says, "They're not drunks, they're professionals"
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.