Advanced

A new CF book

Posted by CF Reader 
CF Reader
A new CF book
July 07, 2006
http://www.insidebayarea.com/bayarealiving/ci_4018175

True love

Sometimes you have to lose someone to realize how much you love him. Trite perhaps, but true.

The hero and heroine in Emily Giffin's new novel, "Baby Proof" (St. Martin's Press, $23.95) are as true a pair of lovers as you'll find. Ben and Claudia are kindred spirits, utterly perfect for each other. They agree on everything, including one of the most divisive topics couples face — whether or not to have children. Claudia and Ben don't want kids. Ever. They want to enjoy their childfree — rather than childless — life.

It is Ben's sudden desire for a child that provides the requisite conflict, for Claudia remains certain she never wants kids. The divorce that follows seems somewhat contrived. If these two are so in love, how can they allow such a permanent split? Yet they seem to think they have no alternative.

In an effort to resume living, Claudia begins dating an older man and Ben makes friends with an emergency room doctor. Both Claudia and Ben continue to think about the other, both assuming they are separated for good.

In love stories, however, the lovers must eventually reunite (it's a rule), and after a few tense chapters, they do. More importantly, they come to respect each other's point of view, realizing that part of loving someone is a willingness to sacrifice that which you value most.
Re: A new CF book
July 07, 2006
But how can you both sacrifice if it's about wanting a kyd? You can't have half a kyd. You either have one or you don't.

And why must CF women always settle for "older men"? Bloody hell. I'd rather be dead, thank you.
CFScorpio
July 07, 2006
Medusa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And why must CF women always settle for "older
> men"? Bloody hell. I'd rather be dead, thank you.

Some women like older men! I've dated older men and younger men - I try not to judge people on age. I wouldn't want someone judging me by my age!

July 07, 2006
CF Reader Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------

> In love stories, however, the lovers must
> eventually reunite (it's a rule), and after a few
> tense chapters, they do. More importantly, they
> come to respect each other's point of view,
> realizing that part of loving someone is a
> willingness to sacrifice that which you value
> most.

I assume the "coming to respect each other's point of view" means that the woman gave in and spawned for the guy because we all know the choice can only be right if the evil child-hatter submits to the wishes of the wannabreeder. I kind of want to read the book and see exactly how this progresses (even though I'm not a reader). I might see if the local library has it yet - my curiousity is getting the better of me.

July 07, 2006
Oh, believe me, I've always liked older men, CF Scorpio!

What I meant was if no men our own age want anything to do with us, so we have to settle for geezers who have no other options. "Dirty Old Men", if you will. Ewwwwww.
July 08, 2006
i always liked older women, less chance of baby rabies, but then i met faust, 3 years younger than me, but we match better than anyone else. seems that younger men, younger than me, seem to need to prove they exist and the easiest way is breed.

age should be irrelevant,

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 08, 2006
Age SHOULD be irrelevant, I agree - but it usually isn't. Those guys I was refering to won't even look at a woman their own age (so forget about older!), they will ONLY date younger women. Heck, girls. And, while they get older, the women remain the same age - so the age difference just gets bigger and bigger. THAT to me is creepy and gross.
CFScorpio
July 08, 2006
Medusa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Those guys I was refering to won't even
> look at a woman their own age (so forget about
> older!), they will ONLY date younger women. Heck,
> girls.

I agree with you there. I hate that attitude.

July 08, 2006
i always said, women are like fine wine, they get better with age (and taste better)... this was many years ago, and faust is older than she is sometimes, sometimes she is younger,

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 08, 2006
I am another one who always preferred older men. Younger guys...no THANK-YOU!!! I am glad to be an older woman and letting my gray show.
Grace
July 08, 2006
This is off topic, but I am happy for you Mercurior. I love hearing stories about couples and how they met and fell in love. They are real love stories and not the fantasy kind. I can tell from your posts that meeting Faust has made you a happier man. Good for you!
July 08, 2006
i was a miserable sod, but i was happy being miserable, now i am miserable coz i am so happy.. i have never been happier anbd she introduced me to the cf world.. she made me come out of the breeder closest so to speak.. if you have read my blog, you will see me slowly learn more towards cfdom

www.mercurior.blogspot.com i post there every so often

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.