Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Bad Kid in my Bad Neighborhood GRRRRRR!

Posted by Sherz 
I really need to rant! I HATE the bad kids in my neighborhood! For the past 2 days I've tried to take a walk after dinner. My latest asthma episode is finally subsiding, after 2 months of struggling to breath, and I'm dying to get some exercise. Both yesterday and today this little black boy, who looks to be about 7 or 8, has bothered me while walking. Yesterday, he rode his bike towards me like he was going to hit me. I was walking on the side of the rode already and I didn't move out of his way on purpose to let him know that his intimidation crap wasn't going to work, plus I figured I could stop his bike by grabbing the handlebars if I needed to. Anyway, the little shit hit his breaks before hitting me and said, "I almost got you, cracker." Being a small white woman, who really doesn't want to have a racial battle with my mostly ethnic, mostly rough neighbors, I chalked it up to his ignorance and continued walking, deciding to avoid that section of the neighborhood.
Today, I took another walk. I tried to avoid the bad kid area again, and just stay in my section of the development. Of course I ran into the little shit again, this time he was with several of his friends, some who were older teens. As I walked by he yelled another racial slur to me, and his friends joined in. Once again I passively ignored them, and walked on, feeling very uncomfortable because of the older teens. I was passive only because I REALLY don't want his scuzzy family after me. They definitely don't come from the types of families were you could have a civil conversation with them.

This little shit may think he's getting away with acting like this. He won't be for long. Just a little bit ago my DH and I took a little ride to find out his house number. Monday morning I'm calling Child Protective Services on his family. THey live in a house that DH and I have suspected drug activity at. When I was teaching I was obligated to call CPS if I suspected any foul play at home. I would say suspected drug activity would count! You can call anonymously. If they do find something he'll be off to foster care and out of my neighborhood. If they don't find something it will hopefully scare the family to keep a tighter rein on their little shit.

Feeling bullied in my own neighborhood really pisses me off. Especially when I've spent most of my adult life teaching tolerance to children, and being tolerant to others. Thanks for letting me rant. I'm really pissed!!!
Any other suggestions for getting rid of this little wonder and his bad buddies? I wish I could afford to move. We keep our house so nice, but all of these illegals and other criminal people have made property values drop.
Re: A Bad Kid in my Bad Neighborhood GRRRRRR!
July 08, 2006
That sucks. Good luck.

lab mom
Anonymous User
July 09, 2006
Sherz, this is going to seem like crazy advice at first - but trust me on this, I've had LOTS of firsthand experience.

You need to stand in front of your mirror at home and practice "loud talking". Use your most firm, clear, loud but not yelling, I-don't-take-no-shit voice & say "Don't fuck with THIS cracker or I'll call your Mamas AND parole officers* to come bust your asses" -- it's imperative that you refer to yourself as a "cracker" to show that you're not bothered by it because you've dealt with threatening black youths before. Look them right in the face, don't show any signs of fear, and don't move out of the way. Stand still until THEY move away from you. Don't give even the slightest sign of being intimidated.

*Most of those kids over 12 have probably been in some sort of trouble with the law and WILL be afraid if you say this.
July 09, 2006
This is a big reason why I do not like teen boys and am so over "minorities" using the racial card to get what they want. Similar behavour happens in this area as well -- teen or young adult males and, sometimes, females intimdating a small white woman while using racial slurs. Is it any wonder that many people start moving out of a neighbourhood when these people and their children start moving in?
Thanks for the advice Stephanie. I think my years of teaching elementary school makes it really difficult for me to swear or be really agressive with small children. Even though I really can't stand most of them, and if I wouldn't end up in jail, would like to kick their asses or run them over with my car! I guess my fear of being agressive with them stems from dealing with parents while teaching. I know these kids come from really rough families, and I have to admit I don't want their parents or older siblings after me, or my property. I wasn't raised in this type of environment, and frankly am only here because this was where my husband and I could afford a home. It was actually a nice neighborhood, when we first moved here, full of mostly older couples and a few families that mostly kept to themselves. Then 3 years ago the wooded area in front of out property was cleared to build about 50 4-5 bedroom homes. The homes were beautiful, until people moved into them. Instead of single families moving in, they are all filled with multiple families. There are tons of children, and tons of illegals, as well as some other really rough people. We have to live here for a while, and I really don't want a conflict with this child's parents because I know they aren't intelligent enough to try to work things out.

It's funny how minorities are allowed to use racial slurs and pull the race card, but if a white person would do the same thing the world would end. One thing I've noticed about from teaching, is that in trashier families the parents teach their children to be agressive and territorial, while the children from nicer families teach their children to be respectful and mannerly. Unfortunately, the nicer children really have a hard time interacting with the trash. I was one of those nice kids.

You're right, India, about people moving out of neighborhoods like this. Then others consider us racist for not wanting to live with these types of people.

Do you have any large friends (of any race) who could join you on your walks? Maybe if he & his friends see that you have "protection", he'll back off.

Do let us know how the CPS phone call goes!
Actually, CFScorpio, I plan on walking with my neighbor this evening. We're about the same size, but there is safety in numbers!

I'll be calling CPS tomorrow from a pay phone, so it doesn't get back to me.
July 09, 2006
my mum is only 5 foot tall, but she has a look, that stops people dead, she used to work for probation service in the UK, and dealt with murderers and worst, and they all had respect for her, due to that look, of your nothing, i have it too, there is a simple scary trick, you slowly move your head to where they are, and you make your eyes dead, they only use the swearing as a goad, but the best to do is phone up as you said.

if i was nearer, i would walk with you, 6 foot tall 23 stone, and very scary looking wink.. its sad that you can feel so threatened in aplace you live..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Thanks for the offer to walk with me mercurior, very gentlemanly of you! My friend Laura and I walked together this evening. Amazingly, the dog catcher was at this boy's house and the mother was screaming at him as we walked by. That place is a trainwreck! Hope their animals get taken and placed in better homes. I tried the dead stare on DH, but he laughed and said I'm too friendly looking to pull it off!

I'll bet that 5 ft mum of yours keeps everyone in line! Good for her!! smiling smiley I'll keep practicing the dead stare!
July 09, 2006
I'm so sorry you have to deal with this crap, Sherz! That's one of those things I really hate about being a small female. It's a lot scarier to stand up for yourself, 'cause you never know what kind of psycho you're dealing with.

But I agree with the call to CPS. Best way to deal with this. Good luck!
July 10, 2006
i am 33, 6foot tall, and when mum gives me that look, i freeze.. wink.. just think of the worst thing you can and slowly turn your head towards them, or worst still think of nothing and let it show, deadpan face.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
July 10, 2006
And then you seem them yammering on tv about the slllluuum they are living in and the sluuumlord (bad people) who won't fix what they continually trash...
You are coping with the 'politically correct crowd'.
Most likely your little piece of garbage will become muslim if it isn't already.
That religion really appeals to evil people.

July 10, 2006
Unfortunately, the race card doesn't work when you're white because well...we've kind of been giant assholes. However, epithets such as "fuckass", "jerkhole", "ratfucker" and "dickwad" are always good and nonracial options. However, I doubt those would shock the kids enough to get them to leave you alone.

My suggestion is to start your walk by dressing properly, perhaps a clown get-up, ratty ol'bathrobe/overalls with no shirt combo or the perennial favorite militia man getup. Be sure to put on your favorite tin foil hat or booze soaked clown wig. Then, throw back a couple, or 5, shots of your favorite adult beverage...grab a rusty ol'axe, meat cleaver or baseball bat and you're all ready to walk. Be sure to hold your "protective device" out of sight, kids are't too observant so holding it next to the leg opposite the street should be good enough. When Nastie Shitford comes rollin' along to remind you that he's actually a monkey on crack, whip out your "protective device" wave it around your head (never at him) and scream any of the following...
"I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL YOU LITTLE FUCKTARD!"
Hysterical laughing, alternating with incoherent screaming
"YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO GET FUCKED, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO AN ASS WHUPPING (make up your own version of Miranda...he'll be familiar with it soon enough)
"MY JESUS SAYS YOU SUCK BALLS"
"WHEN I WAS IN THE GULF WE'D SKIN PUKES LIKE YOU FOR LAUGHS"
"THEY'RE COMING FOR YOU! I CALLED THEM THIS TIME!"
Be sure to punctuate whatever you're saying with lots of frothing at the mouth, and wildly waving your arms and protective device.

Or you could just carry a balloon filled with urine to throw...or shove a bag of crack rocks in his bicycle seat and call the cops because you suspect him of dealing drugs.

July 10, 2006
a walking stick is a good one.. wink..

I made a little call today. Teee Heee! I had to visit a neighboring town and used a payphone to let CPS know what I've seen going on at their place. They are required to check it out. I'm sure they'll find some type of dysfunction there!

FEH--- I'm still laughing! My DH thought it was good advice, too. I'm usually so sick minded--I don't know why I didn't think of all of that. I especially liked the new miranda! I'm going to go find the funnel to piss in a balloon right now! bouncing and laughing
July 10, 2006
If I've learned anything, I've learned most folks won't mess with crazy.
Anonymous User
July 11, 2006
Feh, where were you when I was getting picked on? My mom told me that I should stand up to them [the same advice I gave, because it actually did work], because I couldn't always expect others to protect me [I was a frickin' kid!], so I did - and put myself at risk for an ass-kicking. Nobody ever hurt me, but I was SO scared that it would come to that. I used to have my keys in my hand [sharp edges poking out] at all time so I could go for eyes & throats if it came down to it.

It would have been a lot easier to put a bucket on my head & carry a burlap sack full of rotten yogurt down the street while mumbling to myself.
July 11, 2006
I find that my tattoos and short-short hair makes most people think twice before messing with me...not that I am a fighter. Many women have tattoos nowadays but I put off an aura of "don't even start with me..." which is a good thing. I was the kid who was always picked on in school and the young woman who was abused by former mates. Not anymore... :smoke Sherz, please keep us posted about the situation in you neighbourhood. I am thinking good thoughts for you.
Anonymous User
July 11, 2006
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> a walking stick is a good one.. wink..
>
> Or one of those big black Mary Poppins umbrellas with the curved handle and pointy metal tip. They're unassuming because they're just umbrellas, but nobody thinking of messing with you would want that swung or poked at them! winking smiley
Anonymous User
July 11, 2006
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I've learned anything, I've learned most folks
> won't mess with crazy.
>

Feh, You're making me think of John Candy in Uncle Buck-where he pretends he's the crazy homicidal uncle to scare off the niece's "bad" boyfriend!

He's holding the axe looking maniacal & explaining how it's so sharp that he once shaved a gnat's balls off.

Sherz, I wish I had an Uncle Buck to let you borrow for your walks!
July 11, 2006
reminds me of nightwatch by terry pratchet the agony aunts, one has a parrot headed umbrella, and one has a HUGE bag, no one ever bothers wit them.. wink.. well worth a read.

this is one thing that pisses me smooth the fuck off. Some former minority can slur whites all they want, and the white people are STILL expected to kow-tow to them because of attitudes of years past. I'm fucking tired of having to apologize for having white skin, and being expected to let other ethnicities walk all over me, and kiss their fucking asses while they're doing it. A racist is a racist even if THEY ARE NOT WHITE!!! OMG, new concept for most people. Yes, I hate the kkk, but I also hate the black panthers, and others who are just as racist.

I know I'm mean today, but the fucktards have been screaming ALL FUCKING DAY, and you're supposed to take it because 'baaaaaaaybeeeeees don't know any better.' Screw that shit.
I know wot you mean about how neighbourhoods change. I've given up on walking in the neighbourhood here. I go to the mall, flea market, or store for that. I just don't want to have to deal with the brats 'round here, and have them follow me to my house, or summat.
My advice is to drive to a nice park and take your walk there. That's what I have to do lately. I used to enjoy a nice 4-mile walk in my own neighborbood, but I've lived here for 15 years and all of the little goldensprogs have become rotten teensprogs. I'm a 5'11" 180 pound guy and they still play that "I'm not moving out of your way" intimidation crap. These kids are white, black, and every color in between. Race doesn't matter. Kids today are GARBAGE!!!!! I now have to drive 10 miles to a nice park in a quiet neighborhood, which I only have time for 3 or 4 times a week. The good side is that this park has nice restrooms, water fountains, and a 6.5 mile walk route. Good luck to you! -CF 4 Ever
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.