Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

from the company bitch,

Posted by mercurior 
from the company bitch,
July 15, 2006
sounds like a few of her commentors are potentially CFers..or at worse PNB

http://thecompanybitch.blogspot.com/

I, quite perversely, spent the better part of last night looking up facts on childbirth. I skipped the fluff pieces on the miracle and the love and instead read all about the sleep deprivation, the hormonal changes, the ever-lasting baby belly, more sleep deprivation (who the hell thinks 4-5 hours of sleep is a goal?), torn vaginas, torn anuses and "painfully hard, engorged breasts".

Then I read about postpartum depression, which frankly, seemed alot less like depression and more like good, common sense. Who would be happy?

I started reading these things because, what with all the growing up and marrying going on around me, I thought I should have some facts. Then I kept reading because I am not only the girl in middle school who handed people a drink and said “Try it, it’s gross,” but the girl who did, in fact, try it.

I don’t know if my biological clock is ticking backwards, or if this is just a phase most people go through, but I think the entire process of childbirth is, hands down, the most disgusting thing that I have ever heard of. Yes, it’s natural, but so is my period and when it lightened after going on the pill I didn’t spend much time mourning the loss of my God-given cramps and natural bloating. You would think that, advanced as we are as a society, someone would have figured out an easier way to do this whole procreation thing.

Never again will I even nod my head when other people condemn celebrities for hiring nannies. I applaud them. When your vagina is stitched together, your pregnancy-induced hemorrhoids are acting up, you haven’t slept in a day and a half, your breasts hurt and your flappy stomach is hanging over your jeans—

I seriously can’t even finish that thought. I started writing and lost track of things because, ew. Just, ew.

My parents are going to be so disappointed if I don't give them grandbabies.

Update: I haven't quite made the leap of logic necessary to decide not to procreate at all. I just don't want to procreate in my own body with a torn vagina. Is that too much to ask?

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: from the company bitch,
July 15, 2006
some typical mooing about how having kids were wonderful, etc etc the usual crap.. but quite a few pro cf.i advertised this and the ukcf forum.. on it.. hopefully a few people will come and join and not feel left alone out there.. and take comfort in not being alone

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
anonymous guest
July 15, 2006
Anyone else fill up their bingo card reading the comments?
DrDanCorelli
July 15, 2006
More bingo than the local Knights of Columbus Lodge can be heard at any average company function.

Yuck.
July 16, 2006
Enough bingo cards to already be filthy rich... (I wish)

lab mom
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.