Any Judas Priest fans out there?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Any Judas Priest fans out there?
September 03, 2006
OH MY DOG. I love Rob Halford!! He is so damn manly!! *headdesk*
Re: Any Judas Priest fans out there?
September 04, 2006
I am a disco duck so Judas Priest was not my thing. I was incensed when moos demanded that Priest be banned because some lame-@ss wrote a suicide note claiming the music caused him to take his life. Oh, don't get me started for I have already been ranting on the other side of the board... yawning smiley
sprogless
September 05, 2006
Yeah, I've always liked Priest, Iron Maiden, Dio, and such. I'd rather listen to good ol' heavy metal than the crap they're playing now. Corporate rock sucks!
Anonymous User
September 08, 2006
Yes I love heavy metal DEVIL music!! The "moms"(mine and best friends mom) were so liberal. They weren't those kewl moos who partied with kids, but let us listen to whatever we wanted to and accepted our friends. I told my mom how glad I was that she didn't mind our music and she said " well why would I? I liked rock and roll too!!" Heres to cfdom, sex and heavy metal!! FUCK corporate rock!!! :yr
GreenGrass
September 08, 2006
Oh man, I love metal too! Why can't we have another metal revival? Am I wrong, or does it seems like men singing today are such pussies and whiners?
September 09, 2006
confused smiley What is corporate rock?

Please forgive my ignorance... :spin
Anonymous User
September 09, 2006
Oh I think it's those lame bands like poison, whitesnake, anyone who does what ever there record company dictates. Although she's not rock Bratney Spears is a perfect example. I actually have more respect for Maddona then I ever had cause she has the moxie and know how to do what SHE wants, rather then some corperate suit. That's my definition of it, India you're not ignorant girl!
September 10, 2006
Thank-you, Sharon. smiling smiley

I like Hot Topic but remember one employee feeling they became so "corporate" with their clothes and music although the place caters to an alternative personality.
September 11, 2006
Ahhh, but when a corporation sells an alternative lifestyle, then it is no longer alternative because even the yokels down on the farm can buy into it.
sprogless
September 11, 2006
I wasn't even thinking about Poison, and such, but that's so true. I admit I like Whitesnake, though...

What I meant by corporate rock is that crap that you hear whenever you turn on the radio. A few groups that come to mind to me are, Franz Ferdinand, and Panic At The Disco. They play this garbage all the time on the metal stations, and it ain't anything close to metal. Hell, it isn't even pop! They call it alternative, but it's mainstream crap! Last night, DH & I were looking through our old cassettes, and we were totally rocking out to Powerslave by Iron Maiden. That's some great music! I must be getting old, because I just can't get into some of this music that's touted as so progressive. It all sounds the same.
CF Uter
October 03, 2006
Yes, that is what I think exactly---all "rock" music today is full of whiney pussies. It is not even rock, it is all middle of the road shit, moaning about something I can't even follow because I instantly get bored by the song and want to turn it off. If the song is a little more edgy, it seems so manufactured, like "let's play one chord real fast and that will sound hard rock" and if you see them on TV or live, they really lack any passion or 'edge'. It is one big bland wasteland.

Almost any established rocker of any various age will say the state of music today is no where and everything is about the handful of corporations that control it.
Tahki [N.L.I.]
January 05, 2008
You guys are spot-on about the corporate rock! I love heavy metal [Rammstein, Dio, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath] and the original punk [SEX PISTOLS! Oh, God, was Johnny Rotten hot back in the day...*Drools away* And I could totally relate to their lyrics...]

Anyone who tells me I ought to listen to Franz Ferdinand or *Gag* Bloc Party will get slapped ^_^

~Tahki "Flower In A Dustbin"
January 07, 2008
I'm a big heavy metal fan, too! Yesterday, I was watching "The Arsenal of Megadeth" DVD and remembering when MTV still played hard rock and metal. The DVD had Dave Mustaine's TV spots for "Rock the Vote" and the band's interviews on Headbanger's Ball. I can't stomach current mainstream radio, hell, even college radio has gone down the shitter.

I'm glad my parents didn't overprotect me; they were fans of stuff like ACDC and Black Sabbath when they were teenagers. I was exposed to a lot of rock n roll, horror films, and "bad" shows like Married With Children and "Beavis and Butthead" when I was little. I was a total freak in high school, and I'm glad I was like that instead of a sheeperson.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login