Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm a terrible aunt

Posted by reaperess 
I'm a terrible aunt
September 22, 2012
I feel like such a terrible aunt. Due to a family emergency, I'm watching my nephew. It usually takes me a day or at least a few hours to steel my nerves before I watch him.

Don't get me wrong - I love my nephew to pieces. I just like time to prepare. I also understand that emergencies happen, and I'm more than happy to be there for my family.

I'm just not feeling "kiddy" today. I'm already weary from the incessant talking. I like being by myself in silence. Gah!

It's your hell; you rot in it!
Re: I'm a terrible aunt
September 22, 2012
If you're a terrible aunt then I'm an even worse one because I won't talk to any of my family. One sister made it clear I wasn't wanted from the very beginning but that's another story. You didn't say how old the kid is. In your place I would be sitting him in fron of the TV or handing him a video game. You can also try handing him a book to read.

NO!!! You are not a terrible aunt. You simply can't fathom how to have another person up your ass 100% of the time. If you can figure out how to deal with that please let me in on the secret.
September 22, 2012
He's 9, but with some cognitive and emotional delays. He's not a tard, he's just got some learning disabilities and is socially immature.

This means that I have a cross between a 9-year-old and a 7-year-old over here.

He's currently playing Skyrim on MY 360 with MY expensive headset. He's really careful, though, with other people's stuff.

You would think a video game would shut him up, but he's all, "Aunt Reaperess, look at this! Watch me play, Aunt Reaperess! I'm climbing a mountain, Aunt Reaperess! Look at that cave Aunt Reaperess. Aunt Reaperess, I'm starting a new quest!" The talking is constant.

I'm gonna go pop a third of a Buspar to get me through this. I'm sitting here thinking, "I don't have kids, so I can sit on my ass in front of the computer on a Saturday if I want to!!!!!" I'm also thinking, "Shut up, Nephew, shutupshutupshutupshutup!"

"Aunt Reaperess, I'm fighting!"

"Get him, honey, kick his ass!" lol

It's your hell; you rot in it!
September 22, 2012
I'm sorry Aunty Reaperess. I know how annonying kids can be.

At least he isn't 2 or 3. I'd seriously shoot myself if I had to deal with a toadler!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login