Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sweet horses

Posted by mercurior 
sweet horses
July 27, 2007
after that last story in the main page, i needed something for me to go aww sweet. and this is it..

The world's tallest horse meets the world's smallest
Last updated at 07:33am on 27th July 2007

Comments (1)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=471121&in_page_id=1770

She may be standing in the shadows but one little horse is reaching heights of her own.

At a mere 17 inches, the miniature brown mare known as Thumbelina takes pride in the lofty title of the World's Smallest Living Horse.

Her companion, Radar, is a Belgian draught horse with his own big claim to fame - as the Worlds Tallest Living Horse.

Big heights: Radar, a Belgian draft horse towers over Thumbelina, a miniature who is the world's smallest living horse

At their get-together, the two didn't exactly see eye to eye.

But with 62 inches between them, there was plenty of catching up to do.

It was the first time the world's smallest and tallest horses had been photographed together.

Their portrait will be featured in the 2008 edition of the Guinness World Records book, which is published next week.

Thumbelina, who weighs 4st 9lb, was born on a farm in St Louis, Missouri.

Her owners breed miniature horses but Thumbelina is a further quirk of nature - a miniature of a miniature.

She eats two cups of grain and a handful of hay each day.

Radar, at 6ft 71/2in from hoof to shoulder, is from Mount Pleasant, Texas.

At 2,400lb, he has a giant appetite to match, putting away 20 gallons of water a day and 18lb of grain.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
Re: sweet horses
August 01, 2007
Dammit, I can't see the picture past the big old popup ad in the middle of it, that doesn't appear to have any way to close it!

It was a Sprint ad. I will now add Sprint to my list of companies that will never see my money simply because their ad turned me off in a big way.
Re: sweet horses
August 02, 2007

there you go..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login