Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help with my kitty.

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Need help with my kitty.
October 30, 2007
My 5 mo. old kitten, Wesley, is having some issues.

Most of the time, he's very sweet, but he goes into these tyrades we call "Psycho Kitty". During these episodes, he literally tries to see how far he can sink his claws and fangs into us. He's teething, so maybe that's a part of it? The vet says he's very healthy, so it isn't anything to do with his health. My other cat was adopted as an adult, and this is my first kitten. Is this just normal kitten playfulness? He isn't really vicious when he snags us, it seems playful.

The dogs aren't stressing him out, either. They all get along really well, and play together nicely (well, they don't kill each other, but they make a hell of a mess.).

Will he get over it, or should I ivest in cat proof body armor?
Re: Need help with my kitty.
October 30, 2007
I lived with a cat who was like this...all his life. About 90% of the time when you interacted(playing or petting) with him, he was perfectly wonderful. However, every once in a while he'd freak out and become a bundle of claws and teeth. He'd never attack when he wasn't being touched.
We tried nearly everything, including putting foul tasting things on our fingers and smearing them in his mouth when he'd get bite-y, but with no results. It seemed the best thing to do when he'd "turn" was to just push him away, ignore him for a couple hours and tend the wounds. Also, his owner started trimming his front claws at a young age, and kept them clipped, which helped keep the scratches to a minimum.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
October 31, 2007
I wish I could help you but I have cat who walks on the laptop and sleeps on it. She can turn it off and back on as well as reset all of the settings...:spin
Anonymous User
October 31, 2007
My friend's cat is like this. I always thought it was because my friend annoys the hell out of that cat sometimes and so he was getting what he deserved, but once the kitty did it to me (and that cat and I have been nothing but buddies since we met). I was petting him and suddenly he latched on with teeth and the claws of all four feet. And I mean HARDCORE. Now, my cats have grabbed me on occasion but they're easy to detach; they're not all that serious about it. Not so much this cat. Any attempt to pull my hand out of his grip would've made my injuries worse. You have to grab this cat mercilessly and PRY him off you (I've seen my friend do it but I just thought he was being overly mean). I was afraid to hurt him to get him off my hand, but on the other hand (no pun intended...) he was hurting ME! I was about halfway extracted (it's hard to do with one hand) when my friend and his girlfriend came out and helped me get free. The kitty hasn't done it to me since.
Anonymous User
November 15, 2007
Thanks!

Sorry it took so long to answer, but my brand new laptop decided to die, and spent a week in the shop.

Water seems to be doing the trick nicely. We keep a squirt bottle nearby, and when he decides to draw blood, he gets nailed. I figured if it works for the dogs when they get too rowdy, why not Wesley, too?
November 15, 2007
sprogless Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks!
>
> Sorry it took so long to answer, but my brand new
> laptop decided to die, and spent a week in the
> shop.

Did your cat mess up the laptop as he did the one in the house I live??? :spin
Anonymous User
November 16, 2007
No, he didn't mess up the laptop, but he does like to sleep in the bathroom sink. I had a cat once that slept on the stove all the time. We had to call the repairman every few months to dig the hair out of the burners.

Cats are so cool. They don't give a damn...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login