Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sylvia Browne - a fake or genuine?

Posted by Techie 
Sylvia Browne - a fake or genuine?
December 02, 2007
Does anyone knows anything about this woman? I was told she is not real and anything she says is a joke.

I personally have never met anything and anyone that had any unusual views or powers. I have never seen UFO's or ghosts. Has anyone here seen or experienced genuine supernatural stuff or has met someone who could predict for certain without lying?
Re: Sylvia Browne - a fake or genuine?
December 03, 2007
Ahhhh...the supernatural, one of my favorite subjects. I've NEVER experienced anything remotely supernatural or unexplainable, which I think makes me unusual. However, I'm a Fortean who believes that it is important to document unusual experiences and events, simply because they are unusual, and that alone is enough of a reason to document and research them. (Look up Charles Fort for more information on Fortean studies)

Psychics and spiritualists like Sylvia Browne are a different matter, as they are people who claim some sort of connection to "residents of the afterlife". Being people, and possible con artists (if they are taking money for their services), they can claim anything they want, and since their "skills" are just going on in their own heads, it can't really be proven. I think their "validity" lies more in the people who choose to listen to and believe them, than in any actual "supernatural" skills they might have. Then again, I don't believe in a traditional "afterlife" with souls and whatnot, simply because I don't believe in a "soul".

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 03, 2007
i have seen some of her shows, and as a person with interests in that direction, all i can say is she seems to be "able" to do too much.

she is more entertainment than real psychic.

feh, i have seen some unexplained phenomena, i have seen shadows where there was nothing to make them, i saw a figure running from one room to another and we were all in the kitchen at the time.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
December 04, 2007
I'm torn as to whether or not I'd actually want to experience something supernatural, it'd be terrifying, but cool at the same time. My betrothed has had some hair raising supernatural experiences when he was in college playing with ouija boards. One time he was doing it in an old theater with a few friends, and all the light bulbs exploded in the room they were in. FREAKY!

In terms of psychics, my guess is that you'd first have to believe in what they believe in for it to work. I don't believe in a "soul", so anyone trying to contact souls is a con-artist in my book. If I did believe in that, I might find some comfort in having someone contact a beloved relation, and letting me know what's up with them in the afterlife...then again, it might just be upsetting.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 06, 2007
i have seen well i would call them echoes, rather than souls.. i will never use a ouija board, ever, i dont beleive i souls but i do beleive that people can influence the world when they are gone, a sort of energy/life recording process.

now lisa williams is a fake,

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
December 07, 2007
http://www.stopsylviabrowne.com/articles/browne_attempttosilence.shtml

http://www.stopsylviabrowne.com/articles/index.shtml

heres a site which debunks browne interesting reading

December 07, 2007
Anyone ever see the episode of South Park where they take a male television psychic to task? I don't remember the psychic's name, but they kept calling him "the biggest douche bag in the universe".
It was HIGHLARIOUS.

--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login